+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Extending Work Permit and Study Visa

hugopinhooo

Jul 26, 2017
Hi guys, I recently applied for PR under CEC, my AOR was on May 25th and so far no news like everybody else. I was hoping to get everything done by the end of august, since my friend, who got her AOR on April 4th, received her confirmation by the end of June (less than 3 months), but now with everybody saying that is taking more time im kinda of not expecting to be fast anymore.

So, my Work permit is expiring in November 30th, also my wife's study permit.
I dont want to take any risks and wait till last minute to apply for extension, i was hoping to get the PR by the end of august then i wouldnt need to apply, but not anymore.
Thats why i need your help!

Should i apply for the extension now? Or should i wait and not apply?

Also, if i apply for the extension, do i need to make any changes to my actual process?

I can do the 'bridging my work permit' can my wife do the same for her study visa? im the main applicant.

Please, give me some hints, im new to this and im really anxious about it.

Thank you all for the help!!!

BA2LAMAZ

Champion Member
Feb 25, 2016
I suggest you wait till mid or end of September to renew. That gives you some time to watch the progress of your PR application. All things being equal, PPR should come by September. Goodluck on whatever decision you take!

Reactions: hugopinhooo

hugopinhooo

Jul 26, 2017
I suggest you wait till mid or end of September to renew. That gives you some time to watch the progress of your PR application. All things being equal, PPR should come by September. Goodluck on whatever decision you take!
thank you my friend! ill do what you are suggesting. i think by the end of september i still have some time.