Star Member
Aug 23, 2014
Hello Guys,

I have a simple question. Situation is as following
- I have PGWP for 3 years
- My TRV is about to expire next month
- Currently in Canada

My question is
- I tried to apply online but the application form I am receiving all time is Application for Visitor Visa (Temporary Resident Visa) Made Outside of Canada. Checked every question got nothing.
- Application obviously asks question like purpose of visit (only relevant option available is Returning Worker) and contact of person I am visiting and funds.
- The problem is that this doesn't seem right and I am concerned.
- Shouldn't the application be from within Canada (even the paper application checklist provides same from cic website visa extension page)?

Please provide any input. I would appreciate the help.
Thank You

Lashen

Nov 1, 2016
Janmeet Singh said:
Hello Guys,

I have a simple question. Situation is as following
- I have PGWP for 3 years
- My TRV is about to expire next month
- Currently in Canada

My question is
- I tried to apply online but the application form I am receiving all time is Application for Visitor Visa (Temporary Resident Visa) Made Outside of Canada. Checked every question got nothing.
- Application obviously asks question like purpose of visit (only relevant option available is Returning Worker) and contact of person I am visiting and funds.
- The problem is that this doesn't seem right and I am concerned.
- Shouldn't the application be from within Canada (even the paper application checklist provides same from cic website visa extension page)?

Please provide any input. I would appreciate the help.
Thank You
Hi, the form Application for Visitor Visa (Temporary Resident Visa) Made Outside of Canada you getting is correct. I recently apply for TRV after getting my PGWP. Select returning worker. And contact person visiting: type in your current employer's address. If you are jobless now, write there looking for job (but you will need submit evidence of financial means). Try to find some work (full or part-time and put their address there. It's very simple. After applying online, you will receive passport request letter and you will need submit your passport with the letter to Ottawa.

Janmeet Singh

Star Member
Aug 23, 2014
Thank You buddy, :)

I have a job. So if I mention that job I don't need to show the any Proof of funds. (if I understood it right).

And also do I need to show the proof of employment or will only mentioning it would work.

Lashen

Nov 1, 2016
Janmeet Singh said:
Thank You buddy, :)

I have a job. So if I mention that job I don't need to show the any Proof of funds. (if I understood it right).

And also do I need to show the proof of employment or will only mentioning it would work.
Toi should check the requirements. I don't think you will need proof or gym. I didn't that. Applied 3 weeks ago. I will check mycic account and let you know