Waived
Passport Req..
18/07/2011
VISA ISSUED...
02/08/2011
LANDED..........
04/09/2011
Hi :)

I am currently in Canada on a tourist visa which is due to expire at the end of July. I have a family class PR application in process. The sponsorship has been approved, CSQ should be approved in the next week or so and the application is currently is in London with the medicals. I am from Ireland (visa-waiver). The question is I need to extend my visa to cover to the time between the end of july and when it gets approved(hopefully!) and I hopefully get the PR, which would hopefully be September-October.

How likely is it that I get the extension granted?
How do I go about applying for the extension?
When should I submit the request?

Thanks for any help!

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
Apply close to the expiration of you allowed visit, but make sure application package reaches vegreville within the validity of the visit. Send a copy of the receipt paid for your family class sponsorship.

Crillz said:
Hi :)

I am currently in Canada on a tourist visa which is due to expire at the end of July. I have a family class PR application in process. The sponsorship has been approved, CSQ should be approved in the next week or so and the application is currently is in London with the medicals. I am from Ireland (visa-waiver). The question is I need to extend my visa to cover to the time between the end of july and when it gets approved(hopefully!) and I hopefully get the PR, which would hopefully be September-October.

How likely is it that I get the extension granted?
How do I go about applying for the extension?
When should I submit the request?

Thanks for any help!

Crillz

Star Member
Jul 19, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01/05/2011 (Refiled due to IO mistake)
File Transfer...
12/05/2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
18/07/2011
VISA ISSUED...
02/08/2011
LANDED..........
04/09/2011
job_seeker said:
Apply close to the expiration of you allowed visit, but make sure application package reaches vegreville within the validity of the visit. Send a copy of the receipt paid for you family class sponsorship.
Okay thank you. What do you mean by reaching Vegreville? Our application went to Mississauga for sponsorship approval (which was approved) and is now in London.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Crillz said:
Okay thank you. What do you mean by reaching Vegreville? Our application went to Mississauga for sponsorship approval (which was approved) and is now in London.
All visitors, work, study extensions in Canada go to Vegreville for processing.

Crillz

Star Member
Jul 19, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01/05/2011 (Refiled due to IO mistake)
File Transfer...
12/05/2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
18/07/2011
VISA ISSUED...
02/08/2011
LANDED..........
04/09/2011
PMM said:
Hi

All visitors, work, study extensions in Canada go to Vegreville for processing.
OH! Makes sense, thanks!

dila2401

May 18, 2011
hello !

i am in canada and planning to go for marriage ... i have to go for mauitius and get my fiancee
she has already enroll with her immigration process for Quebec and it taking long ..she is only 6 months now since the procedures ...
if she come with me on a visitors visa .... we would make only religious ceremony would it be ok ??
is it easy to hv extension of her visa ??
what would be the implication of the 6 months visa on her immigration procedure ??
how about in the meantime she is on the tourist visa she is pregnant

thanx for responsing
Adi