+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

extending passport request time

canadaireland

Jul 1, 2010
Was just wondering if anyone has ever been able to extend the time limit for the passport request.. Ive had a passport request from London and it gives 45 days but we need the passport for longer than that... anyone know if theres a chance to extend it or who i would call to find out?

I

iarblue

You need to contact the visa office,but i doubt they will give you more time.It really depends on the office itself,as some offices ask for it because time is running out for your medical and they need to process it.Others ask for it right away.And if you cant get in contact with them like most times people cant,you need to send it by the timeline they gave you.
I dont want to get harsh or anything but you knew this was coming and this PR means more to you than anything so,i dont get why you question when you should send it and if its because you book a trip or vacation around your PR app then thats the chances you take but it is very unlikely they will extend it.And like the letter or message you got stated.Like all do it says if you do not send it in by the date they have gave you they will assume you want to withdrawl,or they will proceed with the info they got,and since they cant proceed you know what the outcome will be.

britincanada

Apr 15, 2010
Hamilton Ontario Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
LONDON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-06-2010
Doc's Request.
WAIVED
AOR Received.
31-07-2010
File Transfer...
29-06-2010
Med's Done....
22-03-2010
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
26-08-2010
VISA ISSUED...
26-08-2010
LANDED..........
29-09-2010
Unfortunately CHC-London wont extend you visa request time, you need to Comply with the 45 day term or they will cancel your visa..you have come so far to achieve this and if you dont send them your passport within 45 days you will have to re-apply for PR all over again from the beginning and have your sponsor and relationship re-assessed!

B

boyee6576

After everything you have to go through to get to this point do you want to ask for an extention? Screw the vacation (if thats what you planned) get your passport in there ASAP. If you dont get your visa now and have to reapply, they might just be alot tougher on assessing your relationship next time and it might even get refused. Your taking a huge risk, one I wouldnt be willing to take no matter what, but then again my husband is a world a way from me. I am not scolding you or anything so please dont think I am, its just shocking to me that someone would want to delay this process any longer than it already is. I personally couldnt, wouldnt, under no circumstance delay willing, this nightmarish process. but thats just me :D

lynw

Jul 1, 2010
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-06-2010
AOR Received.
29-07-2010
File Transfer...
29-07-2010
Med's Done....
17-05-2010
Passport Req..
25-08-2010
VISA ISSUED...
20-09-2010
LANDED..........
23-09-2010
canadaireland said:
Was just wondering if anyone has ever been able to extend the time limit for the passport request.. Ive had a passport request from London and it gives 45 days but we need the passport for longer than that... anyone know if theres a chance to extend it or who i would call to find out?
Forgive me for stating the obvious but wouldn't you just contact CIC London, explain the situation and ask for an extension? At least you'd know for sure then.

canadaireland

Jul 1, 2010
relax people!! ours got approved in 3 weeks..and the minimum time was 2 months so obviously we assumed we would be back by the minimum time! we arent gonnna not send in the passport i was just curious what the chances are about getting it extended.. im not that stupid that we would not do it for our holiday.. we sorted it ourselves anyway