+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

extending my Work PERMIT AFTER 1 YEAR....(I HAVE WORK PERMIT FOR 1 YEAR ONLY)

chadhayuvraj

Aug 13, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Though I still have to apply for my first/new work permit but just curious to know is it easy to extend my Temporary Work Permit after 1 year (So , That I could apply for my immigration) whats the process , what do I need from my employer ?

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

chadhayuvraj said:
Though I still have to apply for my first/new work permit but just curious to know is it easy to extend my Temporary Work Permit after 1 year (So , That I could apply for my immigration) whats the process , what do I need from my employer ?
An approved LMO from HRSDC that your employer applies for after advertising the position and is unable to find any PRs/Canadians qualified for the position. Then if it is approved you apply for an extension.

nadeem55

Aug 3, 2009
Toronto, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-04-2011
Doc's Request.
15-04-2011
Nomination.....
????
AOR Received.
25-05-2011
IELTS Request
Sent with the initial application to CIO
File Transfer...
20-06-2011 to Buffalo
Med's Request
22-02-2013 from Ottawa
Med's Done....
27-02-2013
Interview........
Wavied :)
Passport Req..
05-04-2013 via Email
VISA ISSUED...
06 May, 2013
LANDED..........
11 May, 2013 Landed Immigrant :)
Hi PMM,

I just want to know about the extension of work permit under same employer: I did submit the application electronically but the system only ask my passport copy and medical receipt ( I already undergo from medical exam at first when I apply a new work permit)
I'm wondering system didn't ask anything regarding my contract letter which my employer extend for me for another 12 months. How they will know who was the employer and what's in the contract which is renewed recently?

Today I call to CIC call centre and the agent told, I need to get a new LMO even for the same employer (each time extension of a work permit) ?

Please guide me is it really necessary to get LMO (I've one older when I applied first time)

I hope you understand my query.

P.S. I've already approved by CIO for Federal Skill worker immigration category 2(with offer of employment) which is now transfer to Buffalo visa office. Is there any connection in between?

Thanks,
Nadeem

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You need a new LMO and it is the employer who needs to apply for it for you. Then you can apply to renew your work permit. Having applied under FSW 2 does not change this.

LoveDanielle

Aug 25, 2011
Hi Leon. I would like to know , Im a South African Citizen currently on a one year international working experience visa IN Canada, I work for Whistlers bakery and Mcdonalds , how easy would it be for me to extend this Visa and Ive applied for Mcdonalds to be my sponsor, DO YOU THINK MY CHANCES OF SUCCES are high?

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LoveDanielle said:
Hi Leon. I would like to know , Im a South African Citizen currently on a one year international working experience visa IN Canada, I work for Whistlers bakery and Mcdonalds , how easy would it be for me to extend this Visa and Ive applied for Mcdonalds to be my sponsor, DO YOU THINK MY CHANCES OF SUCCES are high?
It depends on the working holiday program in S-Africa. Do they allow it to be extended? If they don't, do they allow you to apply for the same program again? If not, is there another working holiday program you can apply for (some countries allow 1 year open work permit and 1 year tied to employer). If not, you would have to get an LMO and apply for a regular work permit. McDonalds has to apply for the LMO for you and getting it depends on them being able to prove that they could find no Canadian or PR willing and able to do your job.

LoveDanielle

Aug 25, 2011
Hi Leon
Thank you for the reply. As a South African we may not renew the same program or apply for and open year of employment. Mcdonalds therefore has sent in the application for the LMO, It is an unskilled job and I have a second job as a bakery supervisor for whistler blackhomb. I have been advised however that my chances of success for a work permit is low, its no problem but I just want to start applying for jobs back in South Africa, so was wondering realistically what my chances of success for the work permit is?

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LoveDanielle said:
Hi Leon
Thank you for the reply. As a South African we may not renew the same program or apply for and open year of employment. Mcdonalds therefore has sent in the application for the LMO, It is an unskilled job and I have a second job as a bakery supervisor for whistler blackhomb. I have been advised however that my chances of success for a work permit is low, its no problem but I just want to start applying for jobs back in South Africa, so was wondering realistically what my chances of success for the work permit is?
If you get a work permit, you can only work at the job that gets you the permit. I can not tell you if getting a permit as a bakery supervisor will be harder but I can tell you that if you get a skilled permit (supervisor) as opposed to a low skilled, you will have more options to immigrate if you are interested. However, BC PNP does allow some low skilled occupations under their PNP, one of which is food counter attendant which I suppose is your job at McDonalds. I can not really tell you the odds of getting the permit at McDonalds either but I assume McD's would not bother apply for the LMO if they thought it was hopeless.

BartBol

Nov 18, 2011
so how did it go ?? did u recieved positive LMO ???
Im planning to do the same thing and i would be greateful for some information.

Line.a

Champion Member
Nov 23, 2010
Denmark
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-13
AOR Received.
27-02-13
Med's Request
08-02-14
Med's Done....
15-03-14
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
Waived!
VISA ISSUED...
OWP: 25-02-14
LANDED..........
23-07-14
I'm hoping some of you can help me figure out this:

I have just received my LOI from The Embassy of Canada to Sweden (it's an open work permit - working holiday visa for young adults)
i'm wondering if i still need an LMO to be able to work?

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Line.a said:
I'm hoping some of you can help me figure out this:

I have just received my LOI from The Embassy of Canada to Sweden (it's an open work permit - working holiday visa for young adults)
i'm wondering if i still need an LMO to be able to work?
No, you will be issued an open work permit on arrival at Immigration. Will need a LMO to extend it past the first year.

Line.a

Champion Member
Nov 23, 2010
Denmark
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-13
AOR Received.