05-10-2015
Interview........
18-03-2016
VISA ISSUED...
18-03-2016
LANDED..........
06-04-2016
Hello,

I been in Canada for 6 months and I applied online for visitor's extension for 6 more months. Today I received the letter stating that my visitor visa was granted for the 6 month period, but the thing I find confusing is that I was expecting to do medical exam, as I am from country that requires that, but in my visitor visa letter I didn't see any instructions how to do it. In the remarks section there is no mention about needing to take medical exam. Is it normal practice? I won't get in trouble just because they made a mistake or just decided that I don't need it?

kriv

Aug 14, 2014
Owl29 said:
Hello,

I been in Canada for 6 months and I applied online for visitor's extension for 6 more months. Today I received the letter stating that my visitor visa was granted for the 6 month period, but the thing I find confusing is that I was expecting to do medical exam, as I am from country that requires that, but in my visitor visa letter I didn't see any instructions how to do it. In the remarks section there is no mention about needing to take medical exam. Is it normal practice? I won't get in trouble just because they made a mistake or just decided that I don't need it?
As you are in canada with a visitor status so CIC has approved your extension to stay application (they have not approved your visitor visa. visitor visa and extension to stay are 2 different things). Generally any one (from certain countries) who wants to live/stay in canada for more than 6 months have to undergo a medical exam. if you have received your visitor record document which does not have any condition to undergo medical then why to bother..you are free to stay as they have not placed any condition on your visitor record document.
if you have not yet received your visitor record document and you have just only received a letter regarding your application decision then in such a case wait for your visitor record document to come and act as mentioned on your issued visitor record document.

Owl29

Nov 28, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-11-2015
AOR Received.
25-12-2015
File Transfer...
13-01-2016
Med's Done....
05-10-2015
Interview........
18-03-2016
VISA ISSUED...
18-03-2016
LANDED..........
06-04-2016
kriv said:
As you are in canada with a visitor status so CIC has approved your extension to stay application (they have not approved your visitor visa. visitor visa and extension to stay are 2 different things). Generally any one (from certain countries) who wants to live/stay in canada for more than 6 months have to undergo a medical exam. if you have received your visitor record document which does not have any condition to undergo medical then why to bother..you are free to stay as they have not placed any condition on your visitor record document.
if you have not yet received your visitor record document and you have just only received a letter regarding your application decision then in such a case wait for your visitor record document to come and act as mentioned on your issued visitor record document.
Thank you.
Yes,I applied for visa extension (thank you for correcting) and I received my record document already without any instructions about health examination. Ok, then I won't stress about medical exam anymore. It was just a bit weird that they waived it, as I am definitely from country that they require medical exam usually :)

lsecond

Aug 19, 2015
I got another interesting situation: I got medical exam letter and then I got approval letter just one day after. who knows what I need to do? do I still need to do the medical exam? thanks.

kriv

Aug 14, 2014
lsecond said:
I got another interesting situation: I got medical exam letter and then I got approval letter just one day after. who knows what I need to do? do I still need to do the medical exam? thanks.
It's normal as many on this forum had been into the same situation. Your visitor record will most probably have the medical condition on it so have your medical exam done as suggested by cic.

Man on the Moon

Feb 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO / COLOMBO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-11-2012
Doc's Request.
04-07-2013
Nomination.....
25-10-2012
AOR Received.
23-01-2013
File Transfer...
23-04-2013
Med's Request
05-07-2013
Med's Done....
06-07-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
04-10-2013
VISA ISSUED...
22-10-2013
LANDED..........
VERY VERY VERY SOON
kriv said:
It's normal as many on this forum had been into the same situation. Your visitor record will most probably have the medical condition on it so have your medical exam done as suggested by cic.
Hi,

Just had an question about the visa extension, I have applied online and paid the fees online too. The fee receipt says I have to fill in my details etc and to take 2 prints and send it to cic. So where exactly should I send the fee receipt copy ? Or can I email them the receipt

Please guide.

Netblizz183

Nov 21, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello,

It's good to be back...I was away from this forum for almost a year now.Anyways, I just have a question regarding medical exam for a visitor visa extension. My case is my mother in law is here as a visitor till October of this year and we are planning to extend her.
My questions are:
DO they require a medical exam for all visitor visa extension?
and what if the visitor visa holder will fail on the medical, will they refuse the extension?
My mother-in-law is a bit worried because she is now 65 years old and she has diabetes and high blood pressure
and if she will undergo medical exam she might not pass...
Please advise... THanks

kriv

Aug 14, 2014
Netblizz183 said:
Hello,

It's good to be back...I was away from this forum for almost a year now.Anyways, I just have a question regarding medical exam for a visitor visa extension. My case is my mother in law is here as a visitor till October of this year and we are planning to extend her.
My questions are:
and what if the visitor visa holder will fail on the medical, will they refuse the extension?
My mother-in-law is a bit worried because she is now 65 years old and she has diabetes and high blood pressure
and if she will undergo medical exam she might not pass...
Please advise... THanks
Generally YES. your mother in law have to provide/undergo a medical exam if CIC make a request for the medical exam. submit an online application for extension and if cic request a medical simply provide them.(no need to go for an upfront medical exam in advance)

she is now 65 years old and she has diabetes and high blood pressure
its normal to have diabetes and high blood pressure at this age. and this cannot be a reason to refuse the extension application. An applicant is refused on medical grounds if the condition is likely to be a danger to public health or public safety (e.g Dangerous Communicable diseases)

So nothing to worry about diabetes and high blood pressure... best of luck with your mother in law extension application and use the online application as it will be fast and easy.

hope it helps

Ajebuter

Sep 4, 2015
Hello everyone,

This is my first time in this and I need the advise of you guys. I came in to Canada on Visitor visa I and I will like to extend my stay beyond 6 months, though my visa validity is more than 6 months. I have spent more than 3 months already.

My question now is that, I have virtually drawn up my bank account that I used in my home country when I submitted my visa application, I want to know if I can use the bank statement of the person that Invited me to support my application instead of my bank account that's showing red already.
Thanks all.

kriv

Aug 14, 2014
Ajebuter said:
Hello everyone,

This is my first time in this and I need the advise of you guys. I came in to Canada on Visitor visa I and I will like to extend my stay beyond 6 months, though my visa validity is more than 6 months. I have spent more than 3 months already.

My question now is that, I have virtually drawn up my bank account that I used in my home country when I submitted my visa application, I want to know if I can use the bank statement of the person that Invited me to support my application instead of my bank account that's showing red already.
Thanks all.
First it is too early to apply for an extension as (still 2-3 months are left for your allowed period of stay). an early application sometimes cab be the reason of a refusal. applying at the end of the stay may justify a request/reason to extend your stay. Anyways you can attach both your bank statement and your sponsors financial documents or a letter for him that he will support you during your stay. (personal bank statement always worth more supported with the sponsor's statement).

2ndly your visa validity has nothing todo with your allowed/authorize time of stay. even if you have a 10 years valid multiple entry TRV , each trip/stay in canada cannot be more than 6 months (unless extended through a request) .

generally visa extensions are easily approved if your reason is genuine or you have very close family relatives (spouse, parents, siblings, uncle etc) living in canada and you want to spend more time with them...etc etc
best of luck with your application.

Ajebuter

Sep 4, 2015
Thanks Kriv,

I'm going to wait till the last month to submit my application as regard to your advice. But I don't think I will be comfortable using my oversea bank statement at the time of submission because, my account statement might be showing unrealistic statement of balance. I don't know if it will be wise for me to use my sponsor statement of account only with his authorization letter.

Thanks

kjb007

Sep 10, 2015
Hi,

I have questions regarding extending a TRV for my parents. They reached canada on 18 June on a multiple entry 10-year tourist visa.

I want to extend their stay till next year since my husband is gone for 1 year for a job in northern quebec.

1. If I apply for an extension now, will the 'new' 6 month period, if approved, start as from date of processing (Sept 2015) for 6 months (till March 2016). Or will they extend it as from the initial expiration date (18 December 2015) for 6 months (until 18 June 2016)?

2. My parents left Canada for a 3 day visit to the US on 29 August, is 'new' entry date now 29 August 2015 and I should count 6 months from that date or is it still 18 June 2015?

Thank you for your advice!

Ajebuter

Sep 4, 2015
Hello once again,

My visa extension was approved and I got the notification letter last Friday.
Thanks to everyone for your help! Big shout out to Kriv!

anilkumar925

Star Member
Aug 7, 2013
Hello Guys,

My wife is in Canada on visitor visa since last 5 months. She would comeplete 6 months by July end. I have applied for extention on July 7th. Processing time seems to be 29 days.

1. Can she stay in Canada till we hear about the result of our application ?

2. Can we cross to US and come back again so that she can continue her visitor visa ?

Thanks,
Anil.

raft7

Star Member
Jun 1, 2016
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-06-2016
AOR Received.
08-08-16
Med's Done....
01-05-2016
anil kumar@@// let me know what happens with u... My spouse also his 6 months ends in November and we r planning to extend his stay in October.... the only disadvantage part is my spouse visa is expired on march 2017 and his passport is also expiring on march 2017... we rplanning to renew his indian pp.. in Canada and try later for a visitor visa// if he doesn't get then we have to go back to india and try.... any one who has been in the same situation.... let me know