+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Extend Visitor Visa from outside Canada

munta_131

Nov 12, 2014
Dear Members,

My parents have a multiple Canadian visitor visa which is valid until December. My parents are intending to visit Canada in early January so I wanted to know if they can reapply for an extension/new visa before their current visa expires from outside Canada? Or do they have to wait till the current visa expires before they apply again?

Any expert suggestions will be great!

Last edited:

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
They won’t extend the current visa past the expiry date. They should apply for a new visa now. It’s close enough to the expiry date it shouldn’t cause a problem. If it expires in December, they won’t be able to use it in January.

munta_131

Nov 12, 2014
They won’t extend the current visa past the expiry date. They should apply for a new visa now. It’s close enough to the expiry date it shouldn’t cause a problem. If it expires in December, they won’t be able to use it in January.
They got a new passport and it is valid for close to 5 years. Only their current visitor visa will expire on December which was issued before.

So is it okay if they apply for a new one now? Will the current visa be cancelled and a new one with a longer validity be issued?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
They got a new passport and it is valid for close to 5 years. Only their current visitor visa will expire on December which was issued before.

So is it okay if they apply for a new one now? Will the current visa be cancelled and a new one with a longer validity be issued?
Assuming they are approved, yes, a new TRV will be issued.