+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Extend PGWP Work Permit

Harmanjot

Feb 28, 2013
Hello Guys,

I have a concern please help !
What is the procedure now to extend the PGWP work permit as EE is operational now ?
Do we have to get LMIA in order to get closed work permit or just create a profile and give that profile number to extend the work permit ?

Please advise.

Thanks
Harman

valar morghulis

Star Member
Feb 6, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Harmanjot said:
Hello Guys,

What is the procedure now to extend the PGWP work permit as EE is operational now ?
Do we have to get LMIA in order to get closed work permit or just create a profile and give that profile number to extend the work permit ?

Please advise.

Thanks
Harman
The answer is NO.

Can I renew my post-graduation work permit in order to keep working while my Canadian Experience Class application is being processed?

The Post-Graduation Work Permit Program is a one-time opportunity for international students who graduate from certain Canadian post-secondary institutions. If you are awaiting a decision on your CEC application and your post-graduation work permit is about to expire, you may be able to apply for a bridging open work permit.

Bridging open work permits allow qualified applicants whose work permits are about to expire to keep working while they wait for a final decision on their permanent residence application.

mokachino

Star Member
Feb 6, 2015
Alberta
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
06-05-2015
IELTS Request
25-05-2015
Passport Req..
28-12-2016
VISA ISSUED...
17-01-2017
If you are already in the PR process, you can apply for an extension to your open work permit:
check Operational Bulletin 485-A – September 19, 2013 on the CIC website (can't post link here apparently)

Drzues

Star Member
May 30, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-Nov-2014
AOR Received.
Canceled
Harmanjot said:
Hello Guys,

Please advise.

Thanks
Harman
You have to have AOR in hand to extend your PGWP.