+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express pool entry for a DACA recipient

ClarkeS

Star Member
May 12, 2018
I would upload both the approved DACA notice and the work permit. Why do you want to leave America? Luckily for you, you were legally admitted to the US then overstayed. If you got married to an American citizen you could adjust your status.
Yes, I could get married to American citizen, but I've had no luck finding anyone. I could meet someone I want to marry tomorrow. Who knows? And if I do I can always not go through with the PR (if approved).

I don't want to leave the US. It's my home. However, I'm sick of living with the uncertainty and the stress. Congress is useless, and if DACA is ended by the Supreme Court, I am not convinced they'll be able to pass anything to help DACA recipients. I'm over 30 so I can't really wait any longer with EE.

ClarkeS

Star Member
May 12, 2018
Yeah I can understand your frustration. In my opinion they will never do anything to help DACA recipients but will always continue to use them as political pawns. Anything can happen but its always good to have a backup plan. If you leave and want to return to the US you can always get a waiver once you have established yourself in Canada. What state are you in?
Yes, anything can happen. I was actually close to leaving when DACA started because I had just finished Graduate School. At the time I was looking into the UK because I have EU passport, so I could live and work there with no issue (and it was English speaking).

I live in New Jersey.