+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry_valid job offer

Mahbub017

Star Member
Apr 8, 2017
I know In most cases, employer needs a LMIA to support my job offer. Some jobs are exempt from needing an LMIA. Even though I'm not under none of those job category . But for the FEDERAL SKILLED WORKERS and CANADIAN EXPERIENCE CLASS:

A valid job offer has to be: made by one employer,for continuous, paid, full-time work (at least 30 hours a week),
For work that is: for at least one year after we issue your permanent resident visa, not seasonal, and in a job that is Skill Type 0, or Skill Levels A or B of the 2011 National Occupational Classification (NOC)

and either:

the employer making you the job offer has a new positive Labour Market Impact Assessment from Employment and Social Development Canada that approves the offer and names you and your position

So, if I can manage a job offer written on company's letterhead describing everything required by cic. does it work like a valid job offer?
Thank you everybody.

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
I know In most cases, employer needs a LMIA to support my job offer. Some jobs are exempt from needing an LMIA. Even though I'm not under none of those job category . But for the FEDERAL SKILLED WORKERS and CANADIAN EXPERIENCE CLASS:

A valid job offer has to be: made by one employer,for continuous, paid, full-time work (at least 30 hours a week),
For work that is: for at least one year after we issue your permanent resident visa, not seasonal, and in a job that is Skill Type 0, or Skill Levels A or B of the 2011 National Occupational Classification (NOC)

and either:

the employer making you the job offer has a new positive Labour Market Impact Assessment from Employment and Social Development Canada that approves the offer and names you and your position

So, if I can manage a job offer written on company's letterhead describing everything required by cic. does it work like a valid job offer?
Thank you everybody.
I think what you're asking is... if you have an LMIA-exempt work permit, are you exempt from the LMIA requirement for a valid job offer?

The answer is - maybe. It depends (a) what kind of work permit you have, and (b) whether you have been working for this employer for one year already.

Mahbub017

Star Member
Apr 8, 2017
Thank you for your comment. Well, In my case one of my known Chef willing to offer me a job writing on company's letterhead. Even though I never worked for his company and under his supervision.
So in that case, you think this written job offer can be acceptable for CEC category?

Mahbub017

Star Member
Apr 8, 2017
I think what you're asking is... if you have an LMIA-exempt work permit, are you exempt from the LMIA requirement for a valid job offer?

The answer is - maybe. It depends (a) what kind of work permit you have, and (b) whether you have been working for this employer for one year already.

Thank you for your comment. Well, In my case one of my known Chef willing to offer me a job writing on company's letterhead. Even though I never worked for his company and under his supervision.
So in that case, you think this written job offer can be acceptable for CEC category?