+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express entry

Manan _p

Feb 17, 2023
Dear Immigration Advisor,

I am writing to seek your advice on my current situation regarding my Express Entry application under the Federal Skilled Worker program. I had applied for the program and was awarded 600 points from the Provincial Nominee Program, bringing my total Express Entry score to 1014.

Since then, I have experienced a change in my employment status that has left me uncertain about how to proceed with my PR application. Specifically, I had updated my new job (not a skilled trade) on November 24th, 2022, but unfortunately, I lost the job due to insufficient work performance during the probation period within three months of joining.

I am now concerned about whether or not I should inform the IRCC about my change in employment status, and if this would affect my PR application. I have heard conflicting advice on this matter, with some people saying that I do not need to inform the IRCC since I was awarded points from the skilled worker program. However, since I did show my two previous employment records ( 1 year - skilled trade job , 2 months of non skilled job )in my Express Entry profile, I am not sure if this is the case.

I would be grateful if you could provide me with some guidance on this matter. Specifically, I would like to know whether or not I need to inform the IRCC about my change in employment status and whether or not this would affect my PR application.

Thank you for your time and attention, and I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Sincerely,

[manan]

Ultraxion

May 10, 2022
First I am not an immigration advisor..

It all depends on if your provincial nomination is job offer based. Which province and which program specifically are you nominated?

Ultraxion

May 10, 2022
I am assuming you are talking about OINP skilled trade. It is not driven by a job offer, so you should be fine.

Ultraxion

May 10, 2022
Have you submitted your application already? If yes then your profile is locked in and it is OK not to inform IRCC your current job. Just to clarify, you are NOT applying under the federal skilled trade (FST) program, but federal skilled worker (FSW) program boosted by provincial nomination, which itself is called OINP skilled trade. Those gave you conflict info probably thought that you are applying under FST rather than FSW.

Manan _p

Feb 17, 2023
Yes I submitted my application. And as you said I am not eligible for FST , I was eligible for SFW AND CEC . Thanks for the advice sir , I really appreciated