+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express entry when working experience is different than university major

Chaklader

Jun 4, 2016
Hello,

I have a question regards to the working experience which is different than university majors. I studied BSc in Civil engineering and MSc in Transportation System. Later, I worked as software developer in a US public university close to two years and now, working home in the same direction.

1. Would it be okay if I select 2173:Software engineers and designers OR 2174: Computer programmers and interactive media developers as NOC for the express entry ?

2. I'm taking beginner level French and hope to improve it a lot in next 6 months. I have great interest to immigrate in Quebec. Would be okay for their immigration system as well ? I happen to know they have separate system and when I was trying to check Preliminary Evaluation for Immigration (PEI), the online tool was slightly confusing.

joelmath

Dec 9, 2014
Chaklader said:
Hello,

I have a question regards to the working experience which is different than university majors. I studied BSc in Civil engineering and MSc in Transportation System. Later, I worked as software developer in a US public university close to two years and now, working home in the same direction. For Express Entry, education and work experience do not have to be related.

1. Would it be okay if I select 2173:Software engineers and designers OR 2174: Computer programmers and interactive media developers as NOC for the express entry ? Yes, as long as these NOCs match your job responsibilities

2. I'm taking beginner level French and hope to improve it a lot in next 6 months. I have great interest to immigrate in Quebec. Would be okay for their immigration system as well ? I happen to know they have separate system and when I was trying to check Preliminary Evaluation for Immigration (PEI), the online tool was slightly confusing.
Follow this section of the forum for info on Quebec immigration : http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/quebec-immigration-b55.0/