+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry Step by step instructions.

mohan2see

Dec 26, 2017
Hi Everyone,

I have a question. I have submitted my application with "Field of study" being selected as "Other" under education section. I realized that it should be "Applied Science" since i am a engineering graduate. Should i raise a CSE to notify this to CIC? Does this fall under misrepresentation of information? Please advise , thank you!!

zhane04

Nov 28, 2017
Hi,

You just need to select it as one of your provinces of interest. If you qualify, the province will contact you through your profile.

regards
TanakaM, what is the maximum number of provinces that I can select? Do you happen to know any province more likely to invite? Cheers.

maja84

Dec 20, 2017
Hi,
Am pharmacist score is only 317. I have not done my ECA,whether the score will increase after ECA. My brother living in Ontario. Ontario askg min 400 points and wat abt other provinces. Do you have any idea? Manitoba province has minus points for close relative in other province.

And some provinces has occupation list so if the occupation is not in list. Is it difficult to get through... Thanks in advance.
Probably, ask for ECA through PEBC, if you are licensed pharmacist in your country, (even if you are not, but I am not sure, check with PEBC ). Then you can read your ECA using https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/become-candidate/eligibility/education-assessed/read-report.html
If PEBC award you with Bachelors degree of 3 or 4 years you can claim:
Professional degree needed to practice in a licensed profession
(also known as First professional degree or Entry-to-practice professional degree)
For Express Entry, we only accept professional degrees in these fields:

• medicine,
  • veterinary medicine,
  • dentistry,
  • podiatry,
  • optometry,
  • law,
  • chiropractic medicine, or
  • pharmacy.
ECA assessment results:

Pharmacy
  • Five or more years of professional university study in pharmacy
  • Bachelor of Science in Pharmacy degree
  • Four-year Bachelor of Science degree with a focus in pharmacy

Express Entry Comprehensive Ranking System (with spouse) 126
Express Entry Comprehensive Ranking System (without spouse) 135
Federal Skilled Worker Program factor points (if this applies) 23

nbell

Oct 13, 2012
Hello, Guys is anyone experiencing an error when trying to create an express entry? I have been receiving an error for the past two weeks. telling me I already have an application in progress .. I called CIC and they told me to message technical support ...which I have done. now i am just waiting to see what they say also want to know if anyone here is having issues or has experienced this and how they resolved it. thanks

mariogan

Dec 16, 2017
Please, I need guide on the following:
1. I plan to get a legal separation document after staying one year in Canada for am still new. However, I heard I have to apply for express entry as married cause I will be asked to show separation documents (I dont have it now) and also a letter of support from my to be ex husband before the children will be found admissible. What options do I then have as I dont want to apply for PR with him. My score at last time is 520+. I have not entered the pool cause am careful to not create problem for myself along the way.

2. Is it true we get police clearance from countries where you have stayed cumulatively 6 months? I have visited US many times but never stayed 6 months at a stretch but weeks and max 3 months. Do I need police clearance certificate from the US also?

3. WES is yet to complete my evaluation as they are waiting from my school to verify certificates? Can I go on and enter the pool since I have WES ref no and am sure ECA will be completed before the expiration of the 90 days given to apply.

Thank you.

lincon

Jun 24, 2016
please can you give me information on how someone can apply from uk to canada a permanent resident.has a daughter that has a British passport and she herself has uk indefinite stay .she a lot of experience working as a caregiver in uk.
any information.
thanks

TanakaM

VIP Member
Dec 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-04-17
please can you give me information on how someone can apply from uk to canada a permanent resident.has a daughter that has a British passport and she herself has uk indefinite stay .she a lot of experience working as a caregiver in uk.
any information.
thanks
Hi,

Well she would need to have at least 1 year experience in a skilled occupation, NOC 0, A or B. She will need to see if her experience qualifies.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/become-candidate/eligibility/find-national-occupation-code.html

After that she will need to meet these requirements: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/permanent-residence/economic-classes/federal-skilled-workers/assessing-applications-against-minimum-requirements.html

Also read page 1 of this thread for clarity.

regards

Reactions: luunguyen

TanakaM

VIP Member
Dec 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-04-17
1. I plan to get a legal separation document after staying one year in Canada for am still new. However, I heard I have to apply for express entry as married cause I will be asked to show separation documents (I dont have it now) and also a letter of support from my to be ex husband before the children will be found admissible. What options do I then have as I dont want to apply for PR with him. My score at last time is 520+. I have not entered the pool cause am careful to not create problem for myself along the way.

As long as you do not have the legal separation documents you can not apply as a single person. So I would advise you get the documents before you apply. Since you are already in Canada together, I dont think you can say your spouse is non-accompanying.

2. Is it true we get police clearance from countries where you have stayed cumulatively 6 months? I have visited US many times but never stayed 6 months at a stretch but weeks and max 3 months. Do I need police clearance certificate from the US also?

Yes, you need PCC for all countries you have stayed in for 6 months+ cumulatively. So since you have only stayed in the US for a total of about 3 months, you won't need PCC.

3. WES is yet to complete my evaluation as they are waiting from my school to verify certificates? Can I go on and enter the pool since I have WES ref no and am sure ECA will be completed before the expiration of the 90 days given to apply.

No, you must wait for the actual ECA report as you will need the report date as well. Entering the pool without it is misrepresentation and can lead to a 5 year ban.

Thank you.
Hi,

See answers in red.

All the best

TanakaM

VIP Member
Dec 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-04-17
Hi Everyone,

I have a question. I have submitted my application with "Field of study" being selected as "Other" under education section. I realized that it should be "Applied Science" since i am a engineering graduate. Should i raise a CSE to notify this to CIC? Does this fall under misrepresentation of information? Please advise , thank you!!
Hi,

No, don't worry. This is just information gathering and has no impact on your application at all. Certainly not misrepresentation.

Relax and enjoy the festive season.

Regards

Amar55

Jun 25, 2017
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
new delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
15-09-2017
Doc's Request.
22-09-2017
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
15-09-2017
IELTS Request
12-05-2017
File Transfer...
07-11-2017
Med's Done....
22-09-2017
Passport Req..
15-01-2018
VISA ISSUED...
27-01-2018

Thank you.
you need fbi clearance if u have stayed in usa total for 6 months or more..it can be small vsiits.. if ur total time exceeds 6 months then u need aPCC.

Dec 28, 2017
Hi

I have one doubt, if I clear the crs cutoff in a draw is it sure that I'll get an ita?

One of my colleague told me that there are only particular nocs Canadian government takes in each draw. For example he mentioned SOFTWARE ENGINEER is not given an ITA in the last quarter of 2017 even though they clear the crs cut-off. Is this true?

Please can someone help me on this, I am confused

TanakaM

VIP Member
Dec 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-04-17
Hi

I have one doubt, if I clear the crs cutoff in a draw is it sure that I'll get an ita?

One of my colleague told me that there are only particular nocs Canadian government takes in each draw. For example he mentioned SOFTWARE ENGINEER is not given an ITA in the last quarter of 2017 even though they clear the crs cut-off. Is this true?

Please can someone help me on this, I am confused
Hi,

This is not true. Unless it is a program specific draw, everyone above the cutoff will get an ITA.

The tiebreak rule is the only thing that may lead to a candidate with a score equal to the cutoff not getting an ITA.

Regards

rabia601

Dec 28, 2017
hi there

I have an experience in NOC 5122 of five yrs (this is my current job) besides this i have an experience in another NOC more than ten yrs back but that is of only 1+ yr.
do i have to mention both in my EE
also my husband was working as an admin(im not sure of his noc) but later shifted to another profile for which he doesnt have an official appointment letter so my question is that if dont show his work ex in EE will it matter

TanakaM

VIP Member
Dec 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-04-17
hi there

I have an experience in NOC 5122 of five yrs (this is my current job) besides this i have an experience in another NOC more than ten yrs back but that is of only 1+ yr.
do i have to mention both in my EE
also my husband was working as an admin(im not sure of his noc) but later shifted to another profile for which he doesnt have an official appointment letter so my question is that if dont show his work ex in EE will it matter
Hi,

1- 5 years experience is more than enough and only experience gained in the last 10 years is considered. So do not mention the old experience in your EE profile.
2- Your husband's experience will not give you any points unless it is Canadian experience. Therefore, you do not have to mention it. In fact, it's best if you leave it out.

Happy holidays

Reactions: rabia601