+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry Step by step instructions.

Canada_eh!

Star Member
Jan 20, 2017
Category........
CEC
Hi, I had this question for a friend

So they completed a Graduate Certificate program of 1 year/ 2 semesters in 8 months (jan 2017-aug 2017) as they did not take a break.

Program link
https://www.centennialcollege.ca/programs-courses/full-time/financial-planning/#panelOne

I wanted to know the what will be the period duration for which they will receive an PGWP on completing this program?will it be 1 year(duration of the course specified) or 8 months(time taken to complete the program?

They are looking from a POV of settling in Canada (STUDY-WORK-PR)

Is it advisable for them to take another program for 1 year and then apply for PGWP which will be valid for 3 years

or just apply for a PGWP now

Any suggestion would be welcomed

Thanks in advance

ANYONE PLEASE HELP

Umidjon90

Jun 22, 2015
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Other
App. Filed.......
06-07-2021
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
Hi guys,

In 'Travel History' section, do we have to show transit countries if we did't go out of airport? For example, I travelled to USA in 2014 via Istambul, spent some 5-6 hours there and remained in the airport. Do I have to show Turkey in my travel history?

Thank you!

Kuchbhi

Jul 16, 2017
Hi guys,

In 'Travel History' section, do we have to show transit countries if we did't go out of airport? For example, I travelled to USA in 2014 via Istambul, spent some 5-6 hours there and remained in the airport. Do I have to show Turkey in my travel history?

Thank you!
In my opinion, Only put in the countries which you visited/stayed - in other words when you got out of airport through immigration desk.
Technically speaking, Transit areas before passport control (Immigration desk) "Don't belong to a country".
So no need to show Turkey in your travel history since you technically never visited Turkey - as you didn't get out of airport.

jchoudhury

Star Member
Nov 3, 2016
I am facing a problem. In case of my spouse, in personal history section, I mentioned her as "Unemployed, Preparing for Higher education" for the period of 1 year (2008-Feb to 2009-Feb).She became 18 years in 2008-Feb. She started her graduate program from 2009-Feb. In the mean time,

-- She attended government Higher Secondary School exam for few months (2008-March to 2008-July).
-- She was also preparing for university admission and education

In a whole, I mentioned the whole range of time as "Unemployed/Preparing for higher education". Do you think I need to mention Higher Secondary education details, as I did not claim any points for this exam?

thestunner316

Champion Member
Feb 6, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I am facing a problem. In case of my spouse, in personal history section, I mentioned her as "Unemployed, Preparing for Higher education" for the period of 1 year (2008-Feb to 2009-Feb).She became 18 years in 2008-Feb. She started her graduate program from 2009-Feb. In the mean time,

-- She attended government Higher Secondary School exam for few months (2008-March to 2008-July).
-- She was also preparing for university admission and education

In a whole, I mentioned the whole range of time as "Unemployed/Preparing for higher education". Do you think I need to mention Higher Secondary education details, as I did not claim any points for this exam?
you only need to mention her personal details after she turned 18... anything before that IRCC doenst care

mention either higher secondary or unemployed or housemaker - i dont think it would make much difference....

good luck

jchoudhury

Star Member
Nov 3, 2016
you only need to mention her personal details after she turned 18... anything before that IRCC doenst care

mention either higher secondary or unemployed or housemaker - i dont think it would make much difference....

good luck
Yes, I understand, but since she turned eighteen she attended Higher Secondary Exam for few months. Then she was waiting for results and preparing for university.

My question is, shall I mention that she was attending exams and all details or shall I mention the whole time range as "Unemployed/Preparing for higher education"

thestunner316

Champion Member
Feb 6, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yes, I understand, but since she turned eighteen she attended Higher Secondary Exam for few months. Then she was waiting for results and preparing for university.

My question is, shall I mention that she was attending exams and all details or shall I mention the whole time range as "Unemployed/Preparing for higher education"
just mention preparing for higher education - should be fine. i did the same for my brother whose wife had a similar case to yours.

Chikoose

Apr 3, 2016
I have received my invitation in the month of Feb'17 due to maternity I was not in the position to check my mail, so I had missed my invitation, since I had missed out to decline the invitation, what is the next procedure to apply express entry.

My IELTS has completed 2 years in Mar 2017. is there any issue for re-appply for express entry

Need your kind advise.

v_sunny

May 17, 2017
Hi, I had this question for a friend

So they completed a Graduate Certificate program of 1 year/ 2 semesters in 8 months (jan 2017-aug 2017) as they did not take a break.

Program link
https://www.centennialcollege.ca/programs-courses/full-time/financial-planning/#panelOne

I wanted to know the what will be the period duration for which they will receive an PGWP on completing this program?will it be 1 year(duration of the course specified) or 8 months(time taken to complete the program?

They are looking from a POV of settling in Canada (STUDY-WORK-PR)

Is it advisable for them to take another program for 1 year and then apply for PGWP which will be valid for 3 years

or just apply for a PGWP now

Any suggestion would be welcomed

Thanks in advance
I completed same program from Centennial too, PGWP will be for 1 year,
PR: if they have work ex of 3 years or more in their country, I would suggest PR is better option, I did the same and got mine.
If there's no work ex, taking another course is a better option, Don't take any risks.
Good luck

Navid86

Jun 29, 2017
If I only have scanned copies of my work experience, will that be sufficient or original/hard copy will be required as well further down the line?

thestunner316

Champion Member
Feb 6, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I have received my invitation in the month of Feb'17 due to maternity I was not in the position to check my mail, so I had missed my invitation, since I had missed out to decline the invitation, what is the next procedure to apply express entry.

My IELTS has completed 2 years in Mar 2017. is there any issue for re-appply for express entry

Need your kind advise.
your profile would have expired by now since IELTS is expired.
write ielts again and create a new profile - you will be back in the pool

anwar01

Champion Member
Jun 28, 2011
What document should I submit for Name change of spouse. Is marriage certificate enough for it or affidavit is needed.