+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry Step by step instructions.

sohim001

Jan 14, 2015
Hi to all,

I am seeking advice form experts.
I have submitted my EE profile long time ago and it's an eligible one, now when I try to see my whole application it says my work history is in progress.

There is a new tab called research has been installed there and also my work history is empty as well.

From forum discussion I realized that I need to answer that research section but do I need to re-enter my employment history again as well?

Thank a lot in advance.

TanakaM

VIP Member
Dec 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-04-17
Hello everyone,
I was hoping someone could shed some light on my case, so I have 2 years of experience working in family business more of an admin assistant, assistant manager role, so I was wondering if I can use that experience for FSW, plus what are the documents required to prove my family business experience
Is income tax return enough to prove my experience, (which states the company name) as I don't have payslips
Hi,

In theory, you can use this experience as long as you have a reference letter in the required format:
"The following documents are mandatory for each work experience declared:

a reference or experience letter from the employer, which
  • should be an official document printed on company letterhead (must include the applicant’s name, the company’s contact information [address, telephone number and email address], and the name, title and signature of the immediate supervisor or personnel officer at the company),
  • should indicate all positions held while employed at the company and must include the following details: job title, duties and responsibilities, job status (if current job), dates worked for the company, number of work hours per week and annual salary plus benefits;
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/perm/express/intake-complete.asp

However, as family businesses are often abused, you will need to provide as much as you can to prove that this is genuine experience. So income tax returns would help, also add contracts of employment and, if possible, business registration documents to prove it is a genuine business.

All the best

Reactions: elsmen

reet100

Jun 28, 2017
Hi Team,

I received an invite(FSW) 2 months back and I am about to submit my application. I have query regarding blood relatives. I didn't declare any relatives when I submitted my profile, but I have a aunt(mother's real sister) in Canada who is a permanent resident. I have her passport, PR card, marriage certificate copies with me. Should I declare her details while submit application now. Would it affect my application in negative way. Kindly help.

TanakaM

VIP Member
Dec 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-04-17
Hi Team,

I received an invite(FSW) 2 months back and I am about to submit my application. I have query regarding blood relatives. I didn't declare any relatives when I submitted my profile, but I have a aunt(mother's real sister) in Canada who is a permanent resident. I have her passport, PR card, marriage certificate copies with me. Should I declare her details while submit application now. Would it affect my application in negative way. Kindly help.
No need. You only need to declare parents, children and siblings in you application.

All the best

Reactions: reet100

vimmy91

Star Member
Apr 27, 2017
India
hello guys

I am filling up my post ITA forms.
I am facing a problem, in the family details section.

both first name & last name are compulsory to fill in the form, but none of us write surname officially.
(eg: mother's name>> suneeta devi on passport).

There is no surname in it. how am i suppose to write it ??
please help..............

reet100

Jun 28, 2017
No need. You only need to declare parents, children and siblings in you application.

All the best
Hi TanakaM, I meant blood relatives in Canada, I am applying from India under FSW category. If i declare that I have an aunt in Canada would it make my case stronger. Thanks.

TanakaM

VIP Member
Dec 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-04-17
Hi TanakaM, I meant blood relatives in Canada, I am applying from India under FSW category. If i declare that I have an aunt in Canada would it make my case stronger. Thanks.
No it wouldn't. Having a relative is only beneficial if they are a parent or sibling.

Regards

Reactions: reet100

TanakaM

VIP Member
Dec 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-04-17
hello guys

I am filling up my post ITA forms.
I am facing a problem, in the family details section.

both first name & last name are compulsory to fill in the form, but none of us write surname officially.
(eg: mother's name>> suneeta devi on passport).

There is no surname in it. how am i suppose to write it ??
please help..............
Hi,

"If you do not have a family name on your passport, travel or identity document, enter all your given name(s) in the surname field and leave the given name field blank. Do not enter “Not applicable,” “*” or “NA.”"

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/questions-answers-by-topic.asp?st=4.2

vimmy91

Star Member
Apr 27, 2017
India
Hi,

"If you do not have a family name on your passport, travel or identity document, enter all your given name(s) in the surname field and leave the given name field blank. Do not enter “Not applicable,” “*” or “NA.”"

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/questions-answers-by-topic.asp?st=4.2
Thanks for the reply..

yes i have a single name & i wrote it in Last Name and left the first name/given name blank.
But in the family section, both the names are compulsory. and my family members also have single names.. !!

please tell me , what to do ??

reet100

Jun 28, 2017
No it wouldn't. Having a relative is only beneficial if they are a parent or sibling.

Regards
Thanks alot for quick response TanakaM. Keep up the good work. I got only 7 day to submit my application so :mad::confused: and didn't got chance to get updated with the latest EE changes. Thanks for help.

TanakaM

VIP Member
Dec 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-04-17
Thanks alot for quick response TanakaM. Keep up the good work. I got only 7 day to submit my application so :mad::confused: and didn't got chance to get updated with the latest EE changes. Thanks for help.
All the best mate.

Reactions: vimmy91

TanakaM

VIP Member
Dec 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-04-17
Thanks for the reply..

yes i have a single name & i wrote it in Last Name and left the first name/given name blank.
But in the family section, both the names are compulsory. and my family members also have single names.. !!

please tell me , what to do ??
This is tricky, have you tried just pressing the space button? Not sure how to solve that.

reet100

Jun 28, 2017
Hi All,
Please help, where shall one upload CV/Resume - alongwith educational docs????...(i know it is not necessary just being proactive).

Thanks

kovthe

Star Member
Jul 10, 2015
Does one has to mandatorily stay in Canada after landing until he/she gets PR card? I had an understanding if we give an address within Canada for PR card delivery, the same will get delivered to that address, and the person at that address can then receive and send it to PR card holder by post to him in his/her respective country. (caveat is you should have that someone in Canada who can receive and send the card)