+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry Step by step instructions.

Xmg2017

Jan 1, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello!
Has anybody tried submitting ECA that's for General purposes instead of Immigration purposes?
I'm the primary applicant, my spouse is unable to get the school to send the docs directly to ICES so we were the ones who sent the original docs to ICES and got a basic general ECA. I'm just wondering if CIC will accept it or if it will invalidate the points I'm claiming for my spouse.
Appreciate your thoughts! Thanks :)

napavalley

Star Member
Dec 23, 2016
victor1061 said:
To the experienced folks over her, could you point me in the right direction as to what procedure i should focus on to immigrate to canada. I have completed my bachelors degree in computer in the year 2011, then worked for 2 years as a software tester(2011-2013). Then I decided to pursue my MBA degree and completed the same (2014-2016). Currently working in a different line of work (marketing).

Thanks,
Vishnu
Your profile is similar to mine. Just that I have 3.5 years (prior to MBA) and 2.5 years (Post MBA) work experience. Check your CRS score on the CIC website with your profile and tentative IELTS scores. The lowest ever to get an ITA is 450. If you have 470+ you have a very decent chance of getting one in near future.

lifeisgood99

Star Member
Nov 24, 2016
Hii......... For Lmia applicant is it compulsory to work 40 hours as it is mentioned in the Lmia approval letter or he can work full time but less than 40 hours ? any help would be appreciated

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
victor1061 said:
To the experienced folks over her, could you point me in the right direction as to what procedure i should focus on to immigrate to canada. I have completed my bachelors degree in computer in the year 2011, then worked for 2 years as a software tester(2011-2013). Then I decided to pursue my MBA degree and completed the same (2014-2016). Currently working in a different line of work (marketing).

Thanks,
Vishnu
You can refer the below links to understand how the process works -

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/express-entry-in-a-nutshell-t394158.0.html;msg4915358#msg4915358

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/express-entry-step-by-step-instructions-t273928.0.html;msg4108507#msg4108507

Go through them and feel free to post any questions that you might have!

Good luck and all the very best!

revstocanada

Mar 19, 2016
Hello Friends,

Can anyone help me in identifying my my NOC, I am a Certified Scrum master and have 9+ years of experience in the IT industry. I can send a detailed info about my Education and Experience if required. Please guide me as i am finding it really difficult to locate my NOC

And also can anyone please add me in the Watsapp group.

Thanks.
Revathi.P.
+919840789530

ronnie1100

Jul 22, 2015
Hi,

I have 473 points, still waiting for ITA.

My question is, I have already submitted a PR application through SINP(PNP), for which I got the file number recently. Do I have to withdraw it before I proceed further with Express Entry? What you guys suggest, when should I withdraw it?

Thanks and congrats to everyone who got ITA

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
revstocanada said:
Hello Friends,

Can anyone help me in identifying my my NOC, I am a Certified Scrum master and have 9+ years of experience in the IT industry. I can send a detailed info about my Education and Experience if required. Please guide me as i am finding it really difficult to locate my NOC

And also can anyone please add me in the Watsapp group.

Thanks.
Revathi.P.
+919840789530
You can send the detailed roles and responsibilities to noc@workingincanada.gc.ca and they will get back to you with the most appropriate NOC.

krupashah16

Oct 20, 2014
hello
CRS 1041
Received ITA in the month of august
Submitted complete application cic express entry in september
Medicals passed
Review of eligibility is still review in progress
How much time it takes to proceed further??
It has almost been near to 4 months now..
Thank you

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
krupashah16 said:
hello
CRS 1041
Received ITA in the month of august
Submitted complete application cic express entry in september
Medicals passed
Review of eligibility is still review in progress
How much time it takes to proceed further??
It has almost been near to 4 months now..
Thank you
Can't say. Each case is different. Also, the "Eligibility" field will be updated with a different status only after your application is approved (that is, after you submit your passport and the VO approves/closes your file).

You can order GCMS notes to see what is happening with your application. 6 months is the regular processing time.

tpurohit

Feb 5, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
12-JAN-2017
Med's Done....
29-DEC-2016
Quick question:
I received an ITA now I am in process of uploading documents. I am currently working and staying in Canada. under PCC is it ok If I submit PCC obtain from India or do I have to get it from embassy in canada...? I have PPC from India with me but someone told me that If I am in canada I should get it my PCC from Indian embassy.

please guide

udaisv1

Dec 23, 2016
Question regarding employment reference letter:

I worked for a small IT company in India for little over a year under NOC 2281. I got the reference letter like below:

To whomsoever it may concern

This is to certify that XXX (emp. id: yy) had held the following position for the duration specified below during his employment with us. This also certifies the weekly working hours, working conditions and annual wage and job duties of XXX in the said position.

Position: title
Duration: from to (exact dates)
Working hours: 40 hours per week
Working condition: Full time employment
Wage: ZZZ per annum

Job duties:
> detailed job duties

We wish him success in his future career.

Yours sincerely,
signed
Name, Designation (Manager, HR)

At the bottom of the letter, full company address, phone number and website address.

My question:
> This reference letter does not include Benefits, email ID of the signee or the company and fax number. But the website contains a general email id to contact the company.

> So, should I request for another reference letter with benefits and email ID or is the one provided above sufficient?

Could someone please clarify? Thank you very much.

jaybe

Jun 22, 2016
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
16 June 2016
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Done....
06 June 2016
Interview........
Not needed at this time
Passport Req..
14th Dec
VISA ISSUED...
04 jan 2017
LANDED..........
10 jan 2017
udaisv1 said:
Question regarding employment reference letter:

I worked for a small IT company in India for little over a year under NOC 2281. I got the reference letter like below:

To whomsoever it may concern

This is to certify that XXX (emp. id: yy) had held the following position for the duration specified below during his employment with us. This also certifies the weekly working hours, working conditions and annual wage and job duties of XXX in the said position.

Position: title
Duration: from to (exact dates)
Working hours: 40 hours per week
Working condition: Full time employment
Wage: ZZZ per annum

Job duties:
> detailed job duties

We wish him success in his future career.

Yours sincerely,
signed
Name, Designation (Manager, HR)

At the bottom of the letter, full company address, phone number and website address.

My question:
> This reference letter does not include Benefits, email ID of the signee or the company and fax number. But the website contains a general email id to contact the company. They might not check website with the first review.

> So, should I request for another reference letter with benefits and email ID or is the one provided above sufficient? Yes it's safe play
Could someone please clarify? Thank you very much.

narendher25

Dec 30, 2016
Hi,

I have a bachelors degree from India and Master of Science degree from US. I started my application in mid December of Express Entry and then realized I need to have WES evaluation done before I can complete my profile.

So I registered in WES website where I have provided both Bachelor degree details and Masters degree details and had universities send required documents to them by December 27th. Now I am reading bad reviews on WES, saying they take a long time to get them back.

My Question is, do we need both bachelors and masters ECA for Express entry? if Highest degree ECA is good enough, I am willing to approach a different organization to get my ECA done as I have 475 points and I dont want to wait more and loose my chances. What do you suggest? What is a way to get WES report earlier?

hassankhaliddar

Star Member
Apr 3, 2016
I have completed job bank registration yesterday but status of job bank registration is still showing as pending in EE profile. What could be the possible reason for this? How much time it would take?

Canbaby

Star Member
Dec 9, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
02-02-2017
rajkamalmohanram said:
Yes, you can either go ahead with these documents OR you can simply remove him from the application (not considered misrepresentation). Your prerogative. Good luck.
Have a similar situations regarding relatives in Canada - hope someone can help to clarify. :) :)

I am applying under CEC.
I do have an aunt in Canada but it is too much trouble to prove it with documents (she is at the other side of the country). The fact that I have an aunt does not award any points. I answered 'NO' in EE pool profile and intend to put 'NO' in PR application.
I remembered the only time I left record of having an aunt was when I applied for US visitor visa.

I see Raj answered a previous question that it is not misrepresentation to put 'NO' even in fact it is 'YES'.
Just wondering if someone could elaborate a little on why IRCC does not consider this misrepresentation?
(Maybe they can't care less about a non-immediate family member since no point is awarded??)
OR any personal experience??

Much appreciated! :D