+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry Step by step instructions.

bosunjohnson

Apr 3, 2016
Hi Everyone,
I am new to this forum. I have followed the the step by step guide on the first page of this thread.
When I check for eligibility for the express entry, it says it appears I am not eligible.
Does it mean I can not immigrate to Canada?

istari

Champion Member
Jul 5, 2016
Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
bosunjohnson said:
Hi Everyone,
I am new to this forum. I have followed the the step by step guide on the first page of this thread.
When I check for eligibility for the express entry, it says it appears I am not eligible.
Does it mean I can not immigrate to Canada?
Yes, that's what it means.

To be eligible, you need to score at least 67 points on the FSW grid; you do not have enough points. But you can become eligible by improving your score.

Go to http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/apply-factors.asp and calculate the score yourself.
Then you can see how many more points you need to reach 67.
Generally, improving your language (IELTS or TEF) results is the easiest way to gain more points. Or more work experience, or increasing your education.

Good luck.

kamy

Feb 1, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I'm expected to get ITA in 7th Sep draw, can I go for Medicals and Police certificates before that date?

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
kamy said:
I'm expected to get ITA in 7th Sep draw, can I go for Medicals and Police certificates before that date?
You can get the PCC but I strongly doing the medicals AS LATE AS POSSIBLE. This is because your landing date depends on the date of your medicals and doing the medicals late will give you plenty of landing time.

Good luck and all the very best!

kamy

Feb 1, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rajkamalmohanram said:
You can get the PCC but I strongly doing the medicals AS LATE AS POSSIBLE. This is because your landing date depends on the date of your medicals and doing the medicals late will give you plenty of landing time.

Good luck and all the very best!
Hi Raj,

Below is the text from cic site

The system will not let you submit the application unless all required documents are included. Use the Document Checklist to make sure you do not forget anything.

I think we need it upfront before submitting application, then how can we delay it.

istari

Champion Member
Jul 5, 2016
Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kamy said:
Hi Raj,

Below is the text from cic site

The system will not let you submit the application unless all required documents are included. Use the Document Checklist to make sure you do not forget anything.

I think we need it upfront before submitting application, then how can we delay it.
He means putting it off for as long as possible, so that you get it done just before submitting your application.
For this reason, most people don't get theirs done until after they receive ITA.
But as I've said, if you want to do it before, that's fine.

kamy

Feb 1, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
istari said:
He means putting it off for as long as possible, so that you get it done just before submitting your application.
For this reason, most people don't get theirs done until after they receive ITA.
But as I've said, if you want to do it before, that's fine.
Got it, basically we need to minimize the time difference when submit the application and getting medical and PCC done. Ideal would be day of application.

Johny Bravo

Mar 29, 2015
Hi there
I've got a new passport and I had to update my passport information for my PR application so the CIC call center told me that I need to send the Case Specific Inquiry with my new passport scanned. I did send it a week ago and right after I've got an email confirming that I sent it but I haven't got any further confirmation that my passport information has been updated. Is there any way to check it/make sure that they updated it?

Thanks

Skvach

Oct 17, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Guys, is it advisable to attach a social security fund statement that shows my supperannuation fund payments and salary taxes, along with a reference and pay slips?

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Skvach said:
Guys, is it advisable to attach a social security fund statement that shows my supperannuation fund payments and salary taxes, along with a reference and pay slips?
Were you asked to attach them? If no, then IMO, it is not necessary.

Skvach

Oct 17, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rajkamalmohanram said:
Were you asked to attach them? If no, then IMO, it is not necessary.
I wasn't :) just want to prepare my docs for an ITA , maybe OINP will nominate us this month.

I have this fund statement coz I sent it to OINP, so just need to update it.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Skvach said:
I wasn't :) just want to prepare my docs for an ITA , maybe OINP will nominate us this month.

Hopefully, we'll get nominated sometime in September :) . Well, if you have sufficient funds as FD or as bank balance, then that alone would do IMO!

Canada2425

Jun 1, 2016
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
17-11-2016
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
17-11-2016
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
15-12-2016
Med's Request
NA
Med's Done....
18-11-2016
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
10-03-2017
VISA ISSUED...
17-03-2017
LANDED..........
18-06-2017
Skvach said:

Guys, this might be very silly question for you all.
What do we basically need to get OINP nomination, any prerequisites?

istari

Champion Member
Jul 5, 2016
Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Canada2425 said:
Guys, this might be very silly question for you all.
What do we basically need to get OINP nomination, any prerequisites?
Read the application guide: http://www.ontarioimmigration.ca/prodconsum/groups/csc/@oipp/documents/document/oi_en_hcps.pdf