+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry Step by step instructions.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
devcanada said:
Hi,

1. I am facing the issue in Birth certificate.
My spouse birth certificate has mother's surname (before marriage e.g. RANI), whereas passport has surname GOEL.
First name is same in both places.
Is this a problem ?

2. Do we need to submit the Birth Certificate of Prime applicant and Spouse ?
As the document checklist web-link does not mention that ?

Thanks in Advance
Neither the PA nor the spouse need to submit their Birth Certificates. Birth Certificates are required only for children.

abdulbasit001

Feb 23, 2015
Dear Asivad Anac,

Hope u r doing good.as u know i have created EE profile with spouse accompanying status and got 345 marks , do u think if i could remove the spouse accompanying to not accompanying ,will it change my marks to better position .Plz suggest waiting for ur kind response..

Kind Regards .

SR14

Star Member
Jun 24, 2015
Asivad Anac said:
Each province has its own rules so you will have to look at their specific websites. Start here --->

Job bank isn't fully functional yet. You can search for jobs and apply but getting a job offer won't be enough. You would need to convince the prospective employer to apply for and obtain a positive LMIA assessment as well. An LMIA supported job offer would get you 600 additional points and a guaranteed ITA.

For now, PNP is working just fine. No forum member has yet reported any success in terms of getting an LMIA supported job offer via Job bank.
Thanks.
Is there a link where i can read up on all the provinces and the living/ employment conditions there ?
Also can i apply to more than one province ?

yumi02

Sep 24, 2015
Hi everyone!

I just want to ask if it is possible to have 2 accounts in the Express Entry wherein the Principal Applicant for the first account is my husband and the other is me? Will this be an option for us to look for separate jobs and wait which one will get an ITA first?

Thanks...

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
abdulbasit001 said:
Dear Asivad Anac,

Hope u r doing good.as u know i have created EE profile with spouse accompanying status and got 345 marks , do u think if i could remove the spouse accompanying to not accompanying ,will it change my marks to better position .Plz suggest waiting for ur kind response..

Kind Regards .
It will make a difference but that won't be enough, in itself, to push you beyond 400.

SR14

Star Member
Jun 24, 2015
Asivad Anac said:
Yes. Check each province's website to know more.

Start here --->
Thanks. i had read some where that one cannot apply to 2 provinces, i am guessing that is not true and one can apply to more than one province. This might sound repetitive, but i just wanted to be doubly sure.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
SR14 said:
Thanks. i had read some where that one cannot apply to 2 provinces, i am guessing that is not true and one can apply to more than one province. This might sound repetitive, but i just wanted to be doubly sure.
Some provinces might be touchy but, by and large, one can apply to more than 1 province's EE-PN program simultaneously.

chiron

Star Member
Jul 28, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
09-02-2016
Med's Done....
11-02-2016
Passport Req..
07-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
16-04-2016
LANDED..........
03-08-2016
I transmitted my EE profile today. Also registered on Jobbank but it is showing as pending (from posts here it takes 24hrs to get updated). If I make the cut-off then is there a chance to get into the next draw or is it too late?

jeni1981

Jul 11, 2015
Hi everybody, I jus wonder what if I change my main activitie or noc registered at my eeprofile. I put 0112 Human Resources Administrator, but I have been thinking about replace it for 1121 Human Resources Professionals, because I have seen a province that has a demand for this position. Since I have not received and invitation yet i want to know if it is OK,, or if cic may find this as a misrepresentation... I can get my emplyment letter with any of this 2 noc.
Thanks guys.

sheen

Aug 19, 2010
Hey Friends,

Does anyone know what " International Mobility Program " is? do we qualify under this program to extend our work permit?

I talked to CIC today regarding BOWP as my work permit expires in 3 weeks. They told me i have 2 options either wait for AOR or get LMIA from my employer. I talked to my employer and their question is " since i have been working for same company for 2 years why do they need LMIA? i mean why do they need to show now that they interviewed other candidates and no one was eligible"

Say if they agrees to show watever is required under LMIA, should they be showing from 2 years ago?

I am stressing out as i do not have much time left. Please help !

johnny123

Aug 18, 2012
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
18-10-2016
Med's Done....
10-12-2016 passed
Passport Req..
25-01-2017
VISA ISSUED...
13-02-2017
LANDED..........
19-04-2017
Question about profile and primary occupation:

I've read here on the forum that your primary occupation should be the same NOC which you are claiming points for.

In my case, that would be Sales Supervisor 6211, but my approved LMIA is for retail store manager 0621.

Will that work?? I mean, it's a bit illogical that my primary occupation is "lower" than the one which I'm working in now... But still then, how to create a profile successfully (without being ineligible)?

sgemini

Star Member
Sep 26, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Experts,

I have a query on Proof of funds.
1) I have the required amount in one Savings account. However, I have 2 more savings account. Do I need to get the financial profile for all three or just one will do?

2) And what about Mutual fund accounts? I have investments in 4 different mutual fund AMCs.

Thanks in advance,

KN1980

Aug 31, 2015
First of all, Many Thanks to Asivad Anac for excellent help and rajkamalmohanram and Yokodaddy for replying to my queries.

I am just writing this for benefit of all, in case you are in the same boat.

I have a Btech and an MBA from IIM. WES evaluated me to a 4 year bachelor's (Not even two or more degrees :eek:) . I wrote to WES highlighting that PGDM is well recognized as a Master's degree and hence, I should be evaluated as a master.

Finally after a wait of more than 2 weeks, WES has updated my evaluation to Master's :) - it was showing "Under Review" for two weeks) . They aren't that unresponsive after all. That really takes my points closer to last cutoff.

Just one issue is pending that, the new WES evaluation is showing as a link and not as a PDF (PDF is still old). Has anybdy faced this issue and what is the way out??