+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry Step by step instructions.

$unn¥123

Jul 25, 2015
Help needed...
Can we upload and Scan documents via mobile app ' Cam scanner' ??
Or we need to go to market for it?? This app convert Image in to pdf format....

EmmEmm

Mar 27, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
28-04-2015
Passport Req..
25-09-2015
$unn¥123 said:
Help needed...
check your documents yourself after scanning, if they look legible to you then you can upload them

jemdill

Oct 20, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
$unn¥123 said:
Help needed...

You can use CAM Scanner as long its clear and readable..

welcomecanada

Star Member
Jun 10, 2013
Toronto, Canada
Job Offer........
Yes
Hi guys does any one have idea how to upgrade the wes document by document to course by course evaluation?

Do we want to submit the transcript and mark list again?

immi12345

Jun 23, 2015
It must have been continuous, paid, full-time (or an equal amount in part-time)

Hello All,

Could someone please confirm me what does "Continuous" stands for in the CIC question: "It must have been continuous, paid, full-time (or an equal amount in part-time), and in only one occupation."

I have worked in company A for 23 months and then there is a break of 12 months before I worked in company B for another 23 months. So could someone please confirm my work experience will be considered of how many years? Work-wise it was same in both companies.

i.e 1 year,or 2 year, or 3 year or more?

Will appreciate the expert advice here.

Thanks!!

Sep 6, 2015
Hi every one i have done the education as follows in INDIA
Secondary school education - 1 year
Post - secondary = 2 years for Board of intermediate education
Bachelor of engineering = 4 years
(((So my question is in Express entry For the education points .which option i should select
Less than secondary school (high school) 0 0
Secondary diploma (high school graduation) 28 30
One-year degree, diploma or certificate from a university, college, trade or technical school, or other institute 84 90
Two-year program at a university, college, trade or technical school, or other institute 91 98
Bachelor's degree OR a three or more year program at a university, college, trade or technical school, or other institute 112 120
Two or more certificates, diplomas, or degrees. One must be for a program of three or more years 119 128
Master's degree, OR professional degree needed to practice in a licensed profession (For “professional degree,” the degree program must have been in: medicine, veterinary medicine, dentistry, optometry, law, chiropractic medicine, or pharmacy.) 126 135
Doctoral level university degree (Ph.D.) 140 150)))

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
immi12345 said:
Hello All,

Could someone please confirm me what does "Continuous" stands for in the CIC question: "It must have been continuous, paid, full-time (or an equal amount in part-time), and in only one occupation."

I have worked in company A for 23 months and then there is a break of 12 months before I worked in company B for another 23 months. So could someone please confirm my work experience will be considered of how many years? Work-wise it was same in both companies.

i.e 1 year,or 2 year, or 3 year or more?

Will appreciate the expert advice here.

Thanks!!
You have a continuous work experience for 23 months in Company A. To be eligible, you require at least 1 year continuous, paid, full-time or equivalent amount of part-time experience. If your experience was full time (or you have equivalent amount of part-time exp) and you were paid, then, yes you are eligible. This is only for eligibility purpose.

Your total work experience is equal to whatever experience you have gained in the past 10 years (full-time/Equivalent part-time, paid bur need not be continuous). For instance, you have 23 months experience in Company A. You quit and you joined company B and worked there for 6 months. You quit and joined Company C and worked there for 1.6 years. So, to assess your eligibility, they'll see if you have continuous work experience (you do - in Company A and Company C). As far as your total experience is concerned, it'll be 47 months (3 years and 11 months).

Hope you understood now.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
santoshkorrapati8 said:
Hi every one i have done the education as follows in INDIA
Secondary school education - 1 year
Post - secondary = 2 years for Board of intermediate education
Bachelor of engineering = 4 years
(((So my question is in Express entry For the education points .which option i should select
Less than secondary school (high school) 0 0
Secondary diploma (high school graduation) 28 30
One-year degree, diploma or certificate from a university, college, trade or technical school, or other institute 84 90
Two-year program at a university, college, trade or technical school, or other institute 91 98
Bachelor's degree OR a three or more year program at a university, college, trade or technical school, or other institute 112 120
Two or more certificates, diplomas, or degrees. One must be for a program of three or more years 119 128
Master's degree, OR professional degree needed to practice in a licensed profession (For “professional degree,” the degree program must have been in: medicine, veterinary medicine, dentistry, optometry, law, chiropractic medicine, or pharmacy.) 126 135
Doctoral level university degree (Ph.D.) 140 150)))
You must first get a WES evaluation for your academic credentials. I see that your highest degree is Bachelors. So, you need to do an ECA for your bachelors degree.

First check your preliminary equivalency in the WES site. Click on the link below and check for yourself.

https://www.wes.org/ca/preliminary/poe.asp

Next, check out the step-by-step instructions in the below link :

https://rajkamalm.wordpress.com/2015/07/22/how-to-educational-credential-assessment-from-wes/

In all probability, your degree will be equivalent to a Canadian bachelors degree. So, when you see "bachelors" in your ECA report, you have to choose

"Bachelor's degree OR a three or more year program at a university, college, trade or technical school, or other institute"

Hope this helps!

abdulqayyum

Dec 22, 2013
Hi Friends,

I have activated mycic account and job bank. My over all CRS is 351. In the letter, i received on activation job bank, it is mentioned that, i can improve CRS by either arranged employment or Provincial nomination. For both of these i have following queries.

Job Bank: What are the job prospects on applying thru job bank, whether it really works, is their any other job portal more effective.
Provincial Nomination: What is the procedure to invoke provincial Nomination?

Br/ Abdul Qayyum

owais182

Aug 31, 2015
Hi All,

I'm in the process of filling out my PR Application and had two strange questions I was hoping someone cold help with please!

1) I have a BSc in Economics and I'm not sure if I should mark this down as "Science, General" or as "Arts (Humanities/ Social Sciences)"? I'd marked down "Arts" in my express entry application as Economics is a Social Science, but not too sure now...

2) I've browsed the forum for this, but not able to find an answer: Are A-Levels the equivalent of "High School" and should my A-Level results be treated as "Diploma Awarded"? My school only gave me a letter that said I was in good standing and was studying for my a-levels, but it wasn't a diploma...

Thank you!

immi12345

Jun 23, 2015
Thanks RajKamal...

Just to be double sure, so do you mean my work experience will be counted as of 46 months when I have worked for company A for 23 months and then a break of 12 months (did nothing) then again worked for Company B for 23 months.

Reason why I am re-confirming the question is: in the example you have provided is you have used 3 companies with some work experience in all of them, however mine is no work for a period of 12 months in between switching companies.

This is more for calculating points using CRS, as the points varied a lot when I put in work experience of 1 year vis-a-vis experience of 3 years.
Will appreciate the expert reply.

Thanks!!

Nightrocker

Feb 27, 2011
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-04-2011
Med's Request
08-06-2011
Med's Done....
13-06-2011
VISA ISSUED...
24-07-2011
LANDED..........
23-08-2011
Hi all,

A came across I thread on this forum where someone had created document to list all the reasons that people were getting rejections from CIC (after the ITA was issued and PR application was submitted by candidates). It's was a living document where people who were getting rejections would add the reason of the rejection of their application.

I can't find that thread/document, if someone know could you please post the link here? Thanks a lot.

Sep 7, 2015
Hi everyone, I have a question.

Recently I got an ITA FSW (465 points) my primary NOC code was 2133 (electronics engineer) since I'm an ASIC's verification engineer... The issue here is that my (F_WORD) employer is reluctant to give me a reference letter even if it is a legal right in my country... Today I went to human resources and it seems that they will "try" to give me said reference letter. But... The lady from human resources told me that those reference letters are generic, and they will state that I'm a systems engineer or a software engineer... I'm an electronics engineer, I perform electronics engineering tasks at work, I applied as an electronics engineer...

Long story short: Can I change my primary NOC code (After receiving an ITA) to a software engineer, in order to meet the requirements of work experience?

Damn I should sue my company, I'm very mad... Pfff these guys are breaking federal work laws...

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
francisco_campos said:
Hi everyone, I have a question.

Recently I got an ITA FSW (465 points) my primary NOC code was 2133 (electronics engineer) since I'm an ASIC's verification engineer... The issue here is that my (F_WORD) employer is reluctant to give me a reference letter even if it is a legal right in my country... Today I went to human resources and it seems that they will "try" to give me said reference letter. But... The lady from human resources told me that those reference letters are generic, and they will state that I'm a systems engineer or a software engineer... I'm an electronics engineer, I perform electronics engineering tasks at work, I applied as an electronics engineer...

Long story short: Can I change my primary NOC code (After receiving an ITA) to a software engineer, in order to meet the requirements of work experience?

Damn I should sue my company, I'm very mad... Pfff these guys are breaking federal work laws...
Primary NOC doesn't affect your CRS score but it directly impacts program eligibility. Strongly recommend that you confirm if you'll be eligible under your particular program (I'm guessing it is FSW) before changing your primary NOC.

Three things to check.

1. Do you have at least 1 year of continuous paid full time (or equivalent part time) work experience in the other NOC?

2. Is that other NOC 0/A/B?

3. How many points do you get for work experience under JUST that other NOC on FSW grid (9/11/13/15)? If you change to the other NOC and your overall score falls below 67/100, your ITA will be void ab initio.