+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry Step by step instructions.

Msghenbancud

Aug 2, 2019
It's all on the CIC site: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/index.asp

But...

(Please note that this info does not apply to the Federal Skilled Trades Program)

1) Determine your eligibility by doing this CIC quiz http://www.cic.gc.ca/ctc-vac/ee-start.asp

2) Get your language test(s) done. You must get at least CLB 7 in each of the four sections for the Federal Skilled Worker (FSW), Provincial Nomination Program (PNP) or Canadian Experience Class (CEC) streams. But getting CLB 10 gives you maximum points for language.

How does CLB match back to the language tests? That info is here --> http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/language/charts.asp

3) Get your qualifications assessed by doing an Education Credential Assessment. Details here --> http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/assessment.asp

4) Determine the code that best applies to you on the National Occupation Classification (NOC) list http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/noc.asp

The occupation must be NOC 0, A, or B for FSW or CEC.

5) When you have those in hand you create your express entry profile. http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/profile.asp and register for the Job Bank http://www.jobbank.gc.ca/home-eng.do?lang=eng

You'll be given points based on your age, education, number of years work experience, and language skills. The points system is detailed here --> http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/express-entry/grid-crs.asp

You'll be in a pool with thousands of other applicants http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/pool.asp

Of course, the more points you have the better. The max is 1200, with 600 of those points coming from your ability to snag a PNP or a job offer with a very hard to get Labour Market Impact Assessment http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/work/employers/lmo-basics.asp

For CEC applicants, the max is 600 but someone who has no work experience in Canada who is only eligible for FSW can only get up to 520 points.

6) Finally, wait for your invitation to apply (ITA). But in the interim you will need to do the following:

a) Have your application fee (C$550 each for principal applicant and spouse) and right of permanent resident fee (C$490 each for principal applicant and spouse) ready
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/fees/fees.asp

b) Identify how you will provide proof of funds http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/funds.asp

c) check out what is required for the police certificates http://www.cic.gc.ca/English/information/security/police-cert/index.asp

d) find out how long it takes to get a date for the medical exam. http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/medical/medexams-perm.asp

e) contact previous and current employers about them providing job letters. You must have at least 12 months of full-time, or an equal amount in part-time, skilled work experience. Full-time work means at least 30 hours of paid work per week. Work experience while you were a full-time student does not count.

f) research cities in the province(s) where you want to live.
So you can start your IELTS first prior for the credential assessment?

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
So you can start your IELTS first prior for the credential assessment?
Yes. The IELTS results need to be less than two years old at the time of creating your profile, and at the time of submitting your final application after getting invited.

You can take the IELTS today and create your profile next year - as long as you get invited and are able to submit your application before Aug 2 2021, your IELTS will be valid. If it expires, you can always take the IELTS again and update your profile.

ruka

Apr 7, 2008
Visa Office......
Colombo, Sri Lanka
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10/02/2010 (old)
Doc's Request.
16/04/2010 (old)
AOR Received.
11/08/2010 (old)
File Transfer...
20/04/2010 (old)
Unfortunately, to my knowledge there is no extension. You need to make at least a short landing before that date
Is there a way, I can somehow delay the process and drag the medicals till Jan 2020.
I was thinking of withdrawing the profile and recreate it. But the problem is my PNP nomination has directly come to the profile. If I withdraw and recreate, that won't be there in the new profile.

???

ruka

Apr 7, 2008
Visa Office......
Colombo, Sri Lanka
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10/02/2010 (old)
Doc's Request.
16/04/2010 (old)
AOR Received.
11/08/2010 (old)
File Transfer...
20/04/2010 (old)
No, you cannot really get it extended. There are some very rare cases of people getting their medicals extended, but that's only in very serious cases, or if IRCC makes a mistake and takes a long time. If you ask for an extension for this reason 99% you will be refused. Don't make plans expecting an easy extension.

You know that you don't have to move here immediately right? You can come for a weekend and complete the landing and go back. Then you have about three years to move here for good. You can easily come before Jan 2021 for a few days and then head back, and finally move in Jan 2021 or later.
Thanks mate.
I am an SINP nominee. My plans are anyway to settle in that province when I land.
If I do a soft landing just for a weekend as you say, Would it be OK to land in Toronto as my relative is there and head back.
And also provide the address of my relative in Toronto to receive my PR card.

Would this create an issue at the time of landing as I am a Saskatchewan nominee.

Thanks.

WarHammer

May 17, 2018
Hi friends,

I heard, that we need to land within one year from the medicals. I might get ITA next week and would be doing the medicals in August.
SO my VISA would expire in august 2020.
I want be able to land in Canada till January 2021 as my son needs to complete one of his exams.

What do I have to do if I want to land after this expiry date. Can I get this extended. Please help.
Thanks
You need to do your landing before expiry of visa issued. No chances of extension. You will have to reapply from scratch if your visa expires.

Just do a soft landing - land , complete formalities and fly back the same day.

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
Is there a way, I can somehow delay the process and drag the medicals till Jan 2020.
I was thinking of withdrawing the profile and recreate it. But the problem is my PNP nomination has directly come to the profile. If I withdraw and recreate, that won't be there in the new profile.

???
You cannot delay it. If you withdraw, you will not get the PNP nomination back. Unless you know you have 465+ CRS points you're basically giving up your chance to become a PR.

Why don't you simply land for a weekend and fly back?

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
Thanks mate.
I am an SINP nominee. My plans are anyway to settle in that province when I land.
If I do a soft landing just for a weekend as you say, Would it be OK to land in Toronto as my relative is there and head back.
And also provide the address of my relative in Toronto to receive my PR card.

Would this create an issue at the time of landing as I am a Saskatchewan nominee.

Thanks.
I'm not 100% sure about SINP rules, but in general I think you can do this. You can double check by emailing the SINP program.

Dimps

Star Member
Feb 1, 2018
At times they do carry out a background check in detail...I donno about the other qstn u askes...Sorry
Hello Ziya Zen. Maybe you can help me with this? I’m quite confused about my NoC, my title in my current work is “Loans Processor”. Upon searching it to canada’s website for correct NoC, Financial sales representative is the one popping out (NoC6235) but my agent told me that the correct NoC should be 1232 which is Loans officer because it’s the one that is close to my title loans processor. I checked the job description of financial sales representative and compared it to loans officer JD, they are both the same duties. 100% the same. Can i select NoC 6235 instead of NoC 1232? I just found out that noc 6235 is in high demand in alberta and I also saw in some thread that pei also invite noc6235 from previous draw. If I choose NOc 6235, should i request a new certificate of employment changing my title to Financial sales representative instead of Loans processor? What worries me is if ever I receive ITA from alberta or pei soon, will they call my employer about my job title? My manager or Hr could forget that i requested to change my title to financial sales representatve and tell to pei or alberta that my current title is loans processor. But regarding in Job description, financial sales rep and loans officer is 100% the same. TIA

Dimps

Star Member
Feb 1, 2018
Hello! Can anyone help me with this? I’m quite confused about my NoC, my title in my current work is “Loans Processor”. Upon searching it to canada’s website for correct NoC, Financial sales representative is the one popping out (NoC6235) but my agent told me that the correct NoC should be 1232 which is Loans officer because it’s the one that is close to my title loans processor. I checked the job description of financial sales representative and compared it to loans officer JD, they are both the same duties. 100% the same. Can i select NoC 6235 instead of NoC 1232? I just found out that noc 6235 is in high demand in alberta and I also saw in some thread that pei also invite noc6235 from previous draw. If I choose NOc 6235, should i request a new certificate of employment changing my title to Financial sales representative instead of Loans processor? What worries me is if ever I receive ITA from alberta or pei soon, will they call my employer about my job title? My manager or Hr could forget that i requested to change my title to financial sales representatve and tell to pei or alberta that my current title is loans processor. But regarding in Job description, financial sales rep and loans officer is 100% the same. TIA

Ziya Zen

Feb 9, 2019
Hello Ziya Zen. Maybe you can help me with this? I’m quite confused about my NoC, my title in my current work is “Loans Processor”. Upon searching it to canada’s website for correct NoC, Financial sales representative is the one popping out (NoC6235) but my agent told me that the correct NoC should be 1232 which is Loans officer because it’s the one that is close to my title loans processor. I checked the job description of financial sales representative and compared it to loans officer JD, they are both the same duties. 100% the same. Can i select NoC 6235 instead of NoC 1232? I just found out that noc 6235 is in high demand in alberta and I also saw in some thread that pei also invite noc6235 from previous draw. If I choose NOc 6235, should i request a new certificate of employment changing my title to Financial sales representative instead of Loans processor? What worries me is if ever I receive ITA from alberta or pei soon, will they call my employer about my job title? My manager or Hr could forget that i requested to change my title to financial sales representatve and tell to pei or alberta that my current title is loans processor. But regarding in Job description, financial sales rep and loans officer is 100% the same. TIA
I honestly dont undrstand what made you think, I can answer this.. I only know the basic things ...looks like you need some expert advice,Im sure of one thing,never trust any agents and do your research!

Reactions: Dimps

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
Hello! Can anyone help me with this? I’m quite confused about my NoC, my title in my current work is “Loans Processor”. Upon searching it to canada’s website for correct NoC, Financial sales representative is the one popping out (NoC6235) but my agent told me that the correct NoC should be 1232 which is Loans officer because it’s the one that is close to my title loans processor. I checked the job description of financial sales representative and compared it to loans officer JD, they are both the same duties. 100% the same. Can i select NoC 6235 instead of NoC 1232? I just found out that noc 6235 is in high demand in alberta and I also saw in some thread that pei also invite noc6235 from previous draw. If I choose NOc 6235, should i request a new certificate of employment changing my title to Financial sales representative instead of Loans processor? What worries me is if ever I receive ITA from alberta or pei soon, will they call my employer about my job title? My manager or Hr could forget that i requested to change my title to financial sales representatve and tell to pei or alberta that my current title is loans processor. But regarding in Job description, financial sales rep and loans officer is 100% the same. TIA
NOC 1232 doesn't exist. Where are you looking this up? Did you make a typo?

http://noc.esdc.gc.ca/English/noc/ProfileQuickSearch.aspx?val=6&val1=6235&ver=16&val65=loans officer

This is the correct NOC and has both Loan Officer and Financial Sales Rep as listed job titles. I have no idea which other NOC you're referring to.

Reactions: Dimps

ruka

Apr 7, 2008
Visa Office......
Colombo, Sri Lanka
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10/02/2010 (old)
Doc's Request.
16/04/2010 (old)
AOR Received.
11/08/2010 (old)
File Transfer...
20/04/2010 (old)
You cannot delay it. If you withdraw, you will not get the PNP nomination back. Unless you know you have 465+ CRS points you're basically giving up your chance to become a PR.

Why don't you simply land for a weekend and fly back?
Thanks mate.
We are a family of five. Doing a soft landing and again the hard landing within a few months is not financially possible for me as its gonna cost a lot for all five of us. So what about declining the first two ITAs in the last moment and accept the third one and do the medicals in Jan 2020.

I would have simply withdrawn my profile if not for this PNP so that I can refrain from getting ITA till December. Would this affect badly on my profile. I am in a big dilemma.

Thanks

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
Thanks mate.
We are a family of five. Doing a soft landing and again the hard landing within a few months is not financially possible for me as its gonna cost a lot for all five of us. So what about declining the first two ITAs in the last moment and accept the third one and do the medicals in Jan 2020.

I would have withdrawn my profile if not for this PNP so that I can refrain from getting ITA till December. Would this affect badly on my profile. I am in a big dilemma.

Thanks
Yes, you can decline ITAs as long as your PNP nomination is valid (should be valid for one year from date of invitation - what does the letter say about validity?). As long as you have the points on a valid profile, you'll keep getting invited and will have to keep declining.

Declining will not affect your profile. You just have to make sure your profile doesn't expire (one year from the date you created it), your IELTS doesn't expire (you may want to retake it and upload new results if the IELTS is getting old), and your PNP nomination doesn't expire.

Also, you have to actually decline the ITA. If you just let it expire, your profile will be removed from the pool.

ruka

Apr 7, 2008
Visa Office......
Colombo, Sri Lanka
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10/02/2010 (old)
Doc's Request.
16/04/2010 (old)
AOR Received.
11/08/2010 (old)
File Transfer...
20/04/2010 (old)
Yes, you can decline ITAs as long as your PNP nomination is valid (should be valid for one year from date of invitation - what does the letter say about validity?). As long as you have the points on a valid profile, you'll keep getting invited and will have to keep declining.

Declining will not affect your profile. You just have to make sure your profile doesn't expire (one year from the date you created it), your IELTS doesn't expire (you may want to retake it and upload new results if the IELTS is getting old), and your PNP nomination doesn't expire.

Also, you have to actually decline the ITA. If you just let it expire, your profile will be removed from the pool.
Thanks a lot my friend. I do not see any other option than this.
My PNP nomination letter says it's valid till 30th of Jan 2020 and I need to apply to CIC before that date.
My EE profile is valid until July 14th Next year. Does this expire even after submitting the application.

My IELTS expires December 16th this year. But I have yet another result that expires in June 2020 but with some less CRs score.
Does the EE profile allow you to update the IELTS results after declining the ITA. does it get updated with the new CRS score.

By the way, Do I have to provide some reason for declining the ITA. If so , do you think it would be OK. if I just say I couldn't collect the required docs on time.

Thanks

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
Thanks a lot my friend. I do not see any other option than this.
My PNP nomination letter says it's valid till 30th of Jan 2020 and I need to apply to CIC before that date.
My EE profile is valid until July 14th Next year. Does this expire even after submitting the application.

My IELTS expires December 16th this year. But I have yet another result that expires in June 2020 but with some less CRs score.
Does the EE profile allow you to update the IELTS results after declining the ITA. does it get updated with the new CRS score.

By the way, Do I have to provide some reason for declining the ITA. If so , do you think it would be OK. if I just say I couldn't collect the required docs on time.

Thanks
The PNP and profile are fine, you'll keep getting invited till 30th Jan 2020.

However - your IELTS expiring will be an issue. Your IELTS needs to be valid at the time of ITA and at the time of submission. With your current IELTS, you would have to submit your application before Dec 16. That would mean accepting the ITA in late September to give you enough time to get your docs together.

If you submit by Dec 14th (a couple of days before the IELTS expires), you can expect to get your CoPR by April-May 2020, with a medical expiry of ~Nov 2020. That would work for you.

Just make sure you don't forget to decline the ITAs. Set reminders on your phone or whatever to decline it on the 55th day - give yourself some buffer time in case you forget that day.

You can update your profile with the new IELTS, and it will lower your CRS score; however, I'm not 100% certain about the PNP rules around lower IELTS scores - no idea if that means your PNP nomination is no longer valid. Unless someone with more experience than I can give you a concrete answer, I wouldn't risk changing the IELTS scores.

And there's no reason asked for or needed to decline the ITA. It's just clicking a button.