+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry: Proof of Funds

pretty_woman1

Star Member
Jun 20, 2017
Hello Guys,

Is it still mandatory to provide proof of funds if a person works and lives in Canada (full-time)? This person has a full-time job in Canada after graduation from a University and has submitted his Express Entry profile and sits at 496 points right now.

The updated proof of funds can be found here:

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/become-candidate/eligibility/proof-funds.html

If you are a single person, then it says you must have $12475 CAD.

Thank you for your answers and have a wonderful day.

pretty_woman1

Star Member
Jun 20, 2017
0 is fine if you're a CEC applicant.

I asked my partner, and he said he put the exact amount for one person, which is $12,475 CAD in his EE application. So, it is completely OK for him to put "0" instead of that amount of funds required for a single person, which is "$12,475 CAD" and change it to a "0"?

I was wondering where we could read about this, if possible? Thank you.

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I asked my partner, and he said he put the exact amount for one person, which is $12,475 CAD in his EE application. So, it is completely OK for him to put "0" instead of that amount of funds required for a single person, which is "$12,475 CAD" and change it to a "0"?

I was wondering where we could read about this, if possible? Thank you.
He doesn't need to change the amount, he simply needs to upload a letter stating that he's a CEC applicant and thus, no POF are required.

"The system currently asks all applicants to provide a proof of funds document. If you don’t need to provide proof of funds, you must upload a letter explaining either that you have been invited to apply under the Canadian Experience Class, or that you have a valid job offer."

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=1145&top=29

Reactions: hell911