+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express entry profile - work history - same company, same NOC, but promotion?

Jul 19, 2023
You can check specific links for more details, for "skilled work experience" it says obtained in the last 10 years, for "Canadian skilled work experience" it says obtained in the last 3 years.

So i believe even if the job title changes, if one is in the same company it could be considered as continuous employment.

Thanks so much for all the help.

asdfawef

Sep 28, 2023
Few options depending on the following:

1. Experience/Job duties letter from the employer (may list all designations or only the last designation)
  2. Do you have proof for promotions? Example. Promotion Letters, your designation is printed on Paystub
  3. Did you work in multiple countries?
Now,
  • If you have (1) and (2), you can create multiple entries showing different designations for the same employer
    • You will upload the same Experience/Job duties letter across multiple entries
    • Show proof of designation for specific entry
    • Show paystubs/tax documents etc. related to specific entry time period
  • If you have (3), you also need to show specific entry county-wise

So, if someone has say 3 designations across 2 countries, entries will look like this:

• Employer 1 - Designation 1 - Country 1 - Time Period
  • Employer 1 - Designation 2 - Country 1 - Time Period
  • Employer 1 - Designation 2 - Country 2 - Time Period
  • Employer 1 - Designation 3 - Country 2 - Time Period

If someone has - say 3 designations in 1 country, entries will look like this:
  • Employer 1 - Designation 1 - Country 1 - Time Period
  • Employer 1 - Designation 2 - Country 1 - Time Period
  • Employer 1 - Designation 3 - Country 1 - Time Period
OR, show one single entry for the whole employment period with the last designation (which will reflect on your Experience Letter)
  • Employer 1 - Designation 3 - Country 1 - Time Period
If my reference letter only shows the last designation is that okay? Will they call my employer and discover, I had another title before,(but its promoted and same job duties and noc)
Thank you so much for the help! I am so stressed out now

Jul 19, 2023
If my reference letter only shows the last designation is that okay? Will they call my employer and discover, I had another title before,(but its promoted and same job duties and noc)
Thank you so much for the help! I am so stressed out now
I wrote a letter of explanation explaining that I had positions before that. But put only my latest one in the application. A friend of mine did the same and IRCC accepted the application.