+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry -- Profile Ineligible

Blondiesweet25

Star Member
Oct 29, 2017
South Africa
Category........
FSW
However, while trying out the new NOC code I decided to take my spouse out of it (honestly I didn't expect it to go through ) but I want him in the application. Without him i am sitted on 422 and with him I will be on 427. Do you advise I update my profile and include him this early? Wat if the profile reverts to ineligible if I add him back on? That is my new dilemma .

blueyuk83

Aug 22, 2018
I'm in need of some Express Entry advice. I've been living in Canada for 2 years after undertaking a career change. I have one years post-grad full time study in Toronto and my undergrad has been confirmed by WES as a bachelors. I have a good score on my IELTs test (9, 9, 8.5 and 7 for writing).

My express profile keeps coming back as ineligible and I think it's because of my work experience (despite every calculator on their website telling me I'm eligible).

I now work in Marketing and Events but I don't have 1 year continuous employment as I'm freelance, just chunks of full time work both in the UK and Canada. However, I have 9 years of working as an IT manager in the UK so should I apply under that NOC code? While I would prefer to work in my new career I'm not opposed to looking for work in my old career if it means I can get into the country permanently.

Also, if I go under my IT NOC should I bother detailing all the work I've done in the last 2.5 years which are NOT related to that NOC?

Last edited: