+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry Points

randy.ca

Apr 20, 2017
Hey All

I've recently completed my IELTS with scores ranging from 8 to 9 on all four sections. I am 38 years of age, married with 2 kids. My current points tally with over 10 years working experience in the network engineering field is 374.

I know a job offer will significantly raise my score, however, do you think the points for acceptance on an ITA will go this low. Are there other avenues that someone can suggest.

pk saini

Star Member
Apr 19, 2017
You have to improve your IELTS score or get a job offer to raise your score. It depends on immigration department whether they will lower the crs score to that level. Based on current scenerio there is a slight possibility that crs score can reach near 400.

xpressentry

VIP Member
Nov 27, 2016
London
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2017
Doc's Request.
Schedule A - upfront
AOR Received.
29-03-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
Waiting
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
28-03-2017
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
Seems like the OP has maxed out on language scores. Try for a PNP. your spouse can be the main applicant if your spouse in younger and can get more points for age

tempshakir

Jan 9, 2017
Hi,

I want to add my spouse in my EE profile. But i dont want to claim points for her education. In EE profile, what should i enter for spouse education section?

Thanks

jpv2212

Jan 30, 2015
Category........
FSW
xpressentry said:
Seems like the OP has maxed out on language scores. Try for a PNP. your spouse can be the main applicant if your spouse in younger and can get more points for age
xpressentry is correct.
It seems you have achieved almost highest in ielts.

What's your spouse's ielts score? it she is younger than you and has clb 9 in each module, she will definitely benefit you getting higher crs

jpv2212

Jan 30, 2015
Category........
FSW
tempshakir said:
Hi,

I want to add my spouse in my EE profile. But i dont want to claim points for her education. In EE profile, what should i enter for spouse education section?

Thanks
Then just select "Secondary Education" in her education selection field. You will not need to provide ECA for her then.

tempshakir

Jan 9, 2017
jpv2212 said:
Then just select "Secondary Education" in her education selection field. You will not need to provide ECA for her then.
Hi,

you mean, enter only secondary education details ?

Has Spouse finished high school or any higher education (including university, college or vocational training)? YES/NO ??
If yes, I have to fill out other information like start date, end date, location, full time, etc etc. If i enter No, will it not be misrepresentation ?

Thanks

jpv2212

Jan 30, 2015
Category........
FSW
tempshakir said:
Hi,

you mean, enter only secondary education details ?

Has Spouse finished high school or any higher education (including university, college or vocational training)? YES/NO ??
If yes, I have to fill out other information like start date, end date, location, full time, etc etc. If i enter No, will it not be misrepresentation ?

Thanks
Is there any option like 'Only higher secondary education"?

jpv2212

Jan 30, 2015
Category........
FSW
tempshakir said:
No. Not sure how to not claims points for spouse education
Not providing proof for education might be a way not to claim the points. I'm not sure.

randy.ca

Apr 20, 2017
My wife is 33 and she has good IELTS scores as well. But that just bumps us up to 398. I've seen most of the ITA are above 400 for now.

Just wanted to find out whether someone has knowledge or a whisper as to how low they'd go before i go look for more information from ICAS regarding her level of education.

jpv2212

Jan 30, 2015
Category........
FSW
randy.ca said:
My wife is 33 and she has good IELTS scores as well. But that just bumps us up to 398. I've seen most of the ITA are above 400 for now.

Just wanted to find out whether someone has knowledge or a whisper as to how low they'd go before i go look for more information from ICAS regarding her level of education.
It would make a HUGE difference between 374 and 398.

Go for it

Wandering Mind

Champion Member
Mar 20, 2017
tempshakir said:
Hi,

Thanks
I don't understand why you don't want to claim points for your spouse's education. Married people get fewer points than single people anyway in the Express Entry process and not claiming points for your spouse's education would bring down your points further. Do resonsider if possible. Good luck.