+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry in a nutshell

lincy

Star Member
Oct 20, 2017
Thanks a lot. One more query I am unable to get a reference letter for one of the company I worked in as it no longer exists . I have the appointment and experience letter of the company.
Can you suggest me any alternative.
No need for those letters. If the reference letter has all the required information you don't need anything else.

Just make sure it includes all of this:
"a reference or experience letter from the employer, which
  • should be an official document printed on company letterhead (must include the applicant’s name, the company’s contact information [address, telephone number and email address], and the name, title and signature of the immediate supervisor or personnel officer at the company),
  • should indicate all positions held while employed at the company and must include the following details: job title, duties and responsibilities, job status (if current job), dates worked for the company, number of work hours per week and annual salary plus benefits;"
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/permanent-residence/express-entry/applications-received-on-after-january-1-2016-completeness-check.html

Regards
Th

mathansri

Jan 28, 2018
Bangalore
Can anyone help urgently? I have filed a case in India to get divorce from my wife. It has been going on for a year now and sadly not much progress as it is the same all over India. We have been living separately for more than 2 years now.

Can I submit an affidavit from the Court stating that I have filed a case and will CIC accept it as a proof of Legal separation?? What are the proofs CIC will expect for Legal separation?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Many Thanks
Mathan

mr.preetsingh

VIP Member
Oct 26, 2017
Canada
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-04-2018
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
14-04-2018
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
NA
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
07-04-2018
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
19-06-2018
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2018
LANDED..........
06-09-2018
Can anyone help urgently? I have filed a case in India to get divorce from my wife. It has been going on for a year now and sadly not much progress as it is the same all over India. We have been living separately for more than 2 years now.

Can I submit an affidavit from the Court stating that I have filed a case and will CIC accept it as a proof of Legal separation?? What are the proofs CIC will expect for Legal separation?

Many Thanks
Mathan
If you have filed a Divorce case in court, then the acknowledgement of that case by Court and you will have to mention in your profile that you will never apply PR for your wife. There is no legal proof required for separation, however, you cannot invite your wife ever to Canada on the terms of PR or dependent.

mathansri

Jan 28, 2018
Bangalore
If you have filed a Divorce case in court, then the acknowledgement of that case by Court and you will have to mention in your profile that you will never apply PR for your wife. There is no legal proof required for separation, however, you cannot invite your wife ever to Canada on the terms of PR or dependent.
Thank you Preetsingh..

I really hope what you have mentioned will be possible and CIC will not ask for Divorce decree.

mr.preetsingh

VIP Member
Oct 26, 2017
Canada
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-04-2018
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
14-04-2018
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
NA
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
07-04-2018
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
19-06-2018
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2018
LANDED..........
06-09-2018
Thank you Preetsingh..

I really hope what you have mentioned will be possible and CIC will not ask for Divorce decree.
have seen a similar case, they do not. You should talk to the following user: he is an expert here.

TanakaM

hirak24

Star Member
Jan 4, 2015
Friends,
Need help. I have received NSPNP nomination, same has been also reflected in EE profile. I had a question that, for last 10 years work experience section, can I remove one of the work ex, thats irrelavent and doesnt really change my points either. ?????
(1) If I remove it, do I still need to attach reference letters for that company. ???
(2) Since CIC asks for 10 years of experience, do i have to mention in Work details or leave that blank and just mention for last 5 years in stead?? IS that acceptable /????
(3) shall I remove this "irrelevant" work Ex. from my EE profile as well ?? ( as I am awaiting ITA right now, and only has a few days to make changes to my profile ????

Please help.............I need to fix this...!! thank you in advance...!!

mathansri

Jan 28, 2018
Bangalore
Hi,

As advised, you must select married since you are still legally married. If you select separated you will need to submit a legal document confirming this.

As it is you will need your 'husband's ' police clearance(s) , passport and medical.

You will also need to show proof of funds for two, including him.

It's best to complete your divorce process before apply for PR.

All the best.
Dear Tanaka,

I have filed a case in India to get divorce from my wife. It has been going on for a year now and sadly not much progress as it is the same all over India. We have been living separately for more than 2 years now.

Many Thanks
Mathan

TanakaM

VIP Member
Dec 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-04-17
Dear Tanaka,

I have filed a case in India to get divorce from my wife. It has been going on for a year now and sadly not much progress as it is the same all over India. We have been living separately for more than 2 years now.

Many Thanks
Mathan
Hi,

I'm sorry about the divorce.

Yes, a letter for the government confirming that your divorce is being processed should be adequate.

If possible you can also get a notarized affidavit signed by your ex. This would help.

All the best

mathansri

Jan 28, 2018
Bangalore
Hi,

I'm sorry about the divorce.

Yes, a letter for the government confirming that your divorce is being processed should be adequate.

If possible you can also get a notarized affidavit signed by your ex. This would help.

All the best
Thank you very much for your response.

However, It will not be possible for me to get my ex sign on the affidavit. She simply won't cooperate. In that case, if I alone sign the affidavit will it be fine?

And my Marital status should be Legally Separated when I create the profile. Right?

Mathan

TanakaM

VIP Member
Dec 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-04-17
Thank you very much for your response.

However, It will not be possible for me to get my ex sign on the affidavit. She simply won't cooperate. In that case, if I alone sign the affidavit will it be fine?

And my Marital status should be Legally Separated when I create the profile. Right?

Mathan
OK, yes you can sign the notarised affidavit and add it to the government document confirming your divorce is being processed. This is your best option, but there is no guarantee it will work.

You can also seek proper legal advice.

regards

lincy

Star Member
Oct 20, 2017
I am unable to get a reference letter for one of the company I worked in as it no longer exists . I have the appointment and experience letter of the company.
Can anyone suggest me any alternative.