+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry in a nutshell

lossada

Sep 5, 2017
Yes, we're in same application. So it means both of us can work after landing in Canada? Is there any waiting period or paperwork before we can search for job?
is you are both in the same application your will receive your visa and CoPR at the same time.
Once you have landed, you become a PR, so you can get your social number (NAS in french) the you could apply for your provincial medical insurance (MALADIE in Quebec), You could do it intermediately you have landed, same day, next day it is up to you.
Your PR card will arrive max 7-9 weeks
Once you have your social number, you can work. Social number is given the same day at Service Canada. No waiting period for work.
In Quebec Maladie Card arrive in 3-4 weeks. In Quebec 3 months waiting period for Medical use.

vivcomper

Star Member
Aug 17, 2017
Hi All, I recently submitted my docs on Aug17, 2017 after getting an ITA.I got Police verification Certificate from Indian Consulate (Toronto)--BLS India .Friends planning a small trip to USA. If I go with them, Would I need to get police certi again from BLS-Indian Consulate and then upload the doc again? Please help. ???

crescent_jam

Aug 21, 2017
Jamaica
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
14-09-2017
Passport Req..
17-10-2017
VISA ISSUED...
26-10-2017
LANDED..........
19-01-2018
Hi All, I recently submitted my docs on Aug17, 2017 after getting an ITA.I got Police verification Certificate from Indian Consulate (Toronto)--BLS India .Friends planning a small trip to USA. If I go with them, Would I need to get police certi again from BLS-Indian Consulate and then upload the doc again? Please help. ???
Wait, I'm confused... The previous PCC to which you're referring is for the US? I thought you could only get US PCCs through the FBI...how did you get it through the Indian Consulate in Toronto?

In any case, if you already have a US PCC and then you travel back to the US (and IRCC finds out) you may need to get a new US PCC, as technically your old one won't cover your full period of time that you've been in the US... But since you've already submitted your documents, I'm not sure how IRCC treats that...

Or is it that it's an Indian PCC, and you want to know if you'll need a new one? If you're not going back to India, I can't see why you would need a new one...

If you're very uncertain about it though, best thing to do is get a new one and upload it via CSE...

vivcomper

Star Member
Aug 17, 2017
Wait, I'm confused... The previous PCC to which you're referring is for the US? I thought you could only get US PCCs through the FBI...how did you get it through the Indian Consulate in Toronto?

In any case, if you already have a US PCC and then you travel back to the US (and IRCC finds out) you may need to get a new US PCC, as technically your old one won't cover your full period of time that you've been in the US... But since you've already submitted your documents, I'm not sure how IRCC treats that...

If you're very uncertain about it though, best thing to do is get a new one and upload it via CSE...
No I am an Indian (indian passport ).Never been to USA.It is just that took US B1/B2 couple of months back.Hence no FBI PCC taken.
Please let me know if FBI PCC or new PCC from BLS-India/Consulate is required if I visit US for 2-3 days ??

Varun500

Sep 7, 2017
Hello.All,

I had submitted eca evaluation for my spouse in jul and still waiting for results. Documents reached wes on 29aug and they acknowledged receipt by 1st sep. Currently status is showing as docs received we are currently reviewing your docs. If anyone has recent experience getting eca.done frm.wes, can u olease advise as to.when i can expect results

crescent_jam

Aug 21, 2017
Jamaica
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
14-09-2017
Passport Req..
17-10-2017
VISA ISSUED...
26-10-2017
LANDED..........
19-01-2018
Hello.All,

I had submitted eca evaluation for my spouse in jul and still waiting for results. Documents reached wes on 29aug and they acknowledged receipt by 1st sep. Currently status is showing as docs received we are currently reviewing your docs. If anyone has recent experience getting eca.done frm.wes, can u olease advise as to.when i can expect results
It took me 20 WORKING days from the receipt of my documents. However, when I contacted WES the day before getting my results, they told me it's actually 20 WORKING days from VERIFICATION of your documents (not from receipt). The timeframe will also vary depending on the institution that awarded your qualification and the type of qualification (I can only assume WES is more familiar with others, so it's easier for them to assess some than others).

crescent_jam

Aug 21, 2017
Jamaica
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
14-09-2017
Passport Req..
17-10-2017
VISA ISSUED...
26-10-2017
LANDED..........
19-01-2018
No I am an Indian (indian passport ).Never been to USA.It is just that took US B1/B2 couple of months back.Hence no FBI PCC taken.
Please let me know if FBI PCC or new PCC from BLS-India/Consulate is required if I visit US for 2-3 days ??
You don't need a US PCC if you haven't been to the US for a total period of 6 months since you were 18. If you're not going to India, you won't need a new India PCC, just because you're travelling to the US for 2 - 3 days.

TanakaM

VIP Member
Dec 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-04-17
the ONLY possible option to me for the POF when landing for the 1st time is to get a bank statement from my bank in Dubai through online banking but NOT STAMPED
would it be accepted ?
Hi, It's difficult to say. They may not even ask for it at all.

All the best

link2gurdeep

Star Member
Mar 4, 2017
Hello,

I have a few question regarding a friend, who was diagnosed with breast cancer (Stage 3) in Feb 2015. She then underwent surgery followed by Chemo Therapy, Radiation Therapy and Herceptin Therapy. With God's blessing, she has now recovered and back to her normal life i.e. she is working (though she has been working all through her treatment but she is now free) and managing the family/home.

She is interested in applying for PR under FSWO EE program.

If she is the primary applicant, will there be any challenges, in terms of medical?
Or if her spouse is the primary applicant, can she get medical exemption being a dependent/secondary application?

Is there any other way to accomplish her goal of immigrating to Canada.

Please suggest

TanakaM

VIP Member
Dec 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-04-17
Hello,

I have a few question regarding a friend, who was diagnosed with breast cancer (Stage 3) in Feb 2015. She then underwent surgery followed by Chemo Therapy, Radiation Therapy and Herceptin Therapy. With God's blessing, she has now recovered and back to her normal life i.e. she is working (though she has been working all through her treatment but she is now free) and managing the family/home.

She is interested in applying for PR under FSWO EE program.

If she is the primary applicant, will there be any challenges, in terms of medical?
Or if her spouse is the primary applicant, can she get medical exemption being a dependent/secondary application?

Is there any other way to accomplish her goal of immigrating to Canada.

Please suggest
Hi,

I'm glad to hear your friend's amazing story. It is indeed by God's grace.

Both the principle applicant and the dependent undergo the same medicals, there is no exemption at all. She will need to disclose that she has a history of cancer and may be required to take further tests, but since she is fully healed it should not affect her.

Regards

Reactions: link2gurdeep

hazem2emam

Sep 5, 2017
Hi, It's difficult to say. They may not even ask for it at all.

All the best
I am immigrating through EE and my landing day is after tomorrow, my ticket is to Montreal, but first I have 3 hrs 25 min transit in Toronto airport before flying to Montreal
in this case my landing procedure will be in which airport Toronto or Montreal ?

lossada

Sep 5, 2017
I am immigrating through EE and my landing day is after tomorrow, my ticket is to Montreal, but first I have 3 hrs 25 min transit in Toronto airport before flying to Montreal
in this case my landing procedure will be in which airport Toronto or Montreal ?
Your landing procedure will be in Toronto, but you have to have a Quebec Address.
It would last like 45 min in the procedure, you have enough time (3 hrs 25 min)

Zishan1981

Sep 12, 2017
Pakistan
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Islamabad
App. Filed.......
21-09-2017
AOR Received.
28-Oct-2017
Passport Req..
5-Jan-2018
VISA ISSUED...
8-jan-18
LANDED..........
3-Jun-18
Hi. I got WES ECA report yesterday. It says: CANADIAN EQUIVALENCY SUMMARY >> "Bachelor's degree (three years) and bachelor's degree (four years)".

I am confused as to what does this imply? should i select "bachelors" degree option or "Two or more certificate, diploma or degrees" option. Would be really thankful if someone can clarify. Tx