+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry in a nutshell

jassodhi

Star Member
Mar 8, 2017
Hi,

Does it matter which city in India do I get my Upfront Medical Check-up done from as long as the hospital is in CIC panel list?
The reason is I will be on tour for a month and my spouse would be with me so we are thinking of getting the check-up done from a city other than our present residence.

Pl guide.

Thanks

TanakaM

VIP Member
Dec 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-04-17
jassodhi said:
Hi,

Does it matter which city in India do I get my Upfront Medical Check-up done from as long as the hospital is in CIC panel list?
The reason is I will be on tour for a month and my spouse would be with me so we are thinking of getting the check-up done from a city other than our present residence.

Pl guide.

Thanks
HI,

No, it doesn't. You are free to choose any Canadian panel physician to do your medicals.

All the best

TanakaM

VIP Member
Dec 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-04-17
sivapras said:
Hi,

During medicals,the height was measured wrongly for my self and dependents. do we need to redo the medicals again or the medical office will correct it and send to CIC.

Please advice.

Thanks
No need to redo medicals for such an error. I'm sure the medical office will update your records with the correct details.

All the best

TanakaM

VIP Member
Dec 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-04-17
Re: Express Entry Work experience

jd007 said:
Hello need some help
I have done engineering and currently I am working as food service supervisor (Nov 6311).
So, my question is my work experience is not related to my field of study but it is in Skill B category.
So, still I can apply for express entry or no?
There is no requirement for education and work experience to match. As long as you experience is in category 0, A OR B it qualifies.
Therefore, you can apply.

Regards

TanakaM

VIP Member
Dec 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-04-17
Amaoge said:
Hi Seniors,

I need some help. I just received my ITA today. I was under the impression that the ITA would come with a checklist. I have checked everywhere on my profile but can't find it. Is this normal? If this is normal, please where can I get the most recent checklist? If not, what should I do please?

Mercy
Congrats.

This is normal. Your checklist will be generated once you have completed updating all sections of the PR application.

All the best.

TanakaM

VIP Member
Dec 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-04-17
BasitBangash said:
Hi All,

I am about to submit my application but stuck on a small issue. In the document upload section, there is no provision or uploading link to upload digital photo of my daughter who is not accompanying me. They have asked for medical, passport and birth certificate and provision to upload them too. What should I do with this photo issue? should I upload it with some other document OR simply explain this issue in LOE??

Thank you
Have you tried logging in and out a few times? If it remains the same, I doubt it is a technical problem, and they perhaps do not need it. Just to be safe you can mention this in your LOE and attach it as well (it may have to be in pdf format). If they need it they will ask you to upload it as this is not your fault.

All the best

TanakaM

VIP Member
Dec 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-04-17
uma1982suthan said:
Hi all (and rajkamalmohanram),

I am a newbie here and would like to step into the application process.

Regarding ECA, I have three questions:

1) There are five nominated agents for conducting and provide an ECA however many in this thread only talk about WES. What is the pros and cons of these organizations in terms of fees, time taken for processing, and the layout of their ECA report? Should I go with the WES?

2) After having read through all the discussion, I plan to evaluate my all three degrees (PhD, MSc [both from Korea] and BSc [Sri Lanka]). Any necessity for ECA for secondary school qualification in my case?

3) My spouse currently reads her PhD. Should I apply an ECA separately to assess her MSc and BBA? How about her incomplete PhD (she is in her 4th semester)? Does WES consider me and my spouse as two separate applicants? Is it really necessary to assess spouse’s qualifications which may (or may not?!) help to claim (additional) CRS points? i.e., I could assess her qualifications if I will gain a few CRS points.

Pardon me; my questions might look silly. But, I need your kind information before sending them to evaluation.

Thanks.
Hi and welcome to the forum.

1) It will be difficult for anyone to give you a full comparison of all accredited organizations. However, as you have pointed out, WES is the most widely recommended, therefore it is the safest.
2) WES only assesses post-secondary degrees. No need for secondary school qualifications.
3) WES will only assess completed degrees, therefore her PhD will not count. Her ECA will definitely add to you points, therefore it is worth getting.

All the best

TanakaM

VIP Member
Dec 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-04-17
manvir.singh.parmar said:
hi all

I have a query regarding the job reference letter, please see if anybody could clear it...

I have my employer reference letter from my previous company where i worked under 3 different positions.However, in all of these positions i have performed almost similar responsibilities.Hence, the employer has mentioned same duties for all the 3 positions.

Is it OK Huh

Does someone has same issue???
Hi,

IMO, it does not make logical sense that 3 positions will have the exact same duties, there will surely be some sort of differences. This may raise red flags.

Just my take.

uma1982suthan

Star Member
Feb 7, 2017
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
22-11-2017
TanakaM said:
3) WES will only assess completed degrees, therefore her PhD will not count. Her ECA will definitely add to you points, therefore it is worth getting.
Thanks, TanakaM!

Do you suggest to send both of her MSc and BBA. I wish if I could avoid including BBA, since both of us are out of the country at the moment, it would be a hassle to make necessary arrangement in sending original documents from institution to WES directly. I read many experiences, suggesting that sending the previous degrees might be somewhat important, than just sending the HIGHEST degree. Please verify it for me.

TanakaM

VIP Member
Dec 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-04-17
uma1982suthan said:
Thanks, TanakaM!

Do you suggest to send both of her MSc and BBA. I wish if I could avoid including BBA, since both of us are out of the country at the moment, it would be a hassle to make necessary arrangement in sending original documents from institution to WES directly. I read many experiences, suggesting that sending the previous degrees might be somewhat important, than just sending the HIGHEST degree. Please verify it for me.
It is advisable to get both assessed (it costs the same). However, you will only receive points for your highest degree, therefore, it is possible to only get your Masters assessed and get full points.

Regards

NMontD

Nov 30, 2016
Hello Friends,

I am based out of Montreal and wanted to check possibilities of getting ITA in EE.

1. Is there is any risk of denial at the later stage instead of applying in Quebec immigration?
2. Can i apply in both EE and Quebec immigration at the same time
3. What will be the best option for me.

Please guide

Maverick28

VIP Member
Feb 5, 2017
Canada
NMontD said:
Hello Friends,

I am based out of Montreal and wanted to check possibilities of getting ITA in EE.

1. Is there is any risk of denial at the later stage instead of applying in Quebec immigration? For EE you'll have to show them that you will not reside in Quebec once your PR is approved.
2. Can i apply in both EE and Quebec immigration at the same time I think so
3. What will be the best option for me. You'll have to decide. Where you want to live? If in Quebec, go for Quebec Immigration else go for EE

Please guide

puff123

Apr 11, 2017
Hello friends,

I received Post Graduate work permit last week and applied for TRV on friday 14th. that application is still in process...
Yesterday I received my ielts result in the mail and am ready to apply for residency.
I'm just wondering if starting this application would affect the other one, cause no decision has been made yet.
I'd appreciate if anyone would help me regarding this matter ;D

cmoncanada

Mar 22, 2017
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Inland
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
30/03/2017
Med's Done....
20/03/2017
puff123 said:
Hello friends,

I received Post Graduate work permit last week and applied for TRV on friday 14th. that application is still in process...
Yesterday I received my ielts result in the mail and am ready to apply for residency.
I'm just wondering if starting this application would affect the other one, cause no decision has been made yet.
I'd appreciate if anyone would help me regarding this matter ;D
You didn't have a TRV before your PGWP?