Express Entry in a nutshell

istari

Champion Member
Jul 5, 2016
Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hardik1989 said:
I AM NOT SURE , IS IT THE CORRECT THREAD TO ASK THIS QUESTION?

Hello seniors ,

I have received my AOR in July 2016. Last week I got below email Thank you for your application to the Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program under the Express Entry stream.

Your registration in the Express Entry system, including a valid Express Entry number and Job Seeker Validation code, is a requirement of the Human Capital Priorities Stream and the French-Speaking Skilled Worker Stream of the Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program (OINP).

Your Express Entry profile E00052****indicates a status of ‘no longer available for nomination’ in the Express Entry system. This status indicates that you may have accepted a nomination from another province or territory or received an invitation to apply from Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada.

A status of “no longer available for nomination” means that, should the OINP approve your application, we would be unable to issue you a nomination through the Express Entry system.

You have 30 calendar days from the date of this letter to confirm whether you have 1) received an Invitation to Apply from Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada or 2) a nomination from another province or territory, and whether or not you have accepted this invitation or nomination.

Should the program not receive additional information within this timeframe, your application will be assessed based on the existing information on file which may lead to the refusal of your application.

You can respond to this letter by reply email.

If you have accepted an invitation to apply or another nomination, please notify us if you wish to withdraw you application to the OINP.

Please note that application fees are non-refundable.

Thank you for your interest in the Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program.

Anybody know what does it mean . I have created new express entry profile two weeks ago because my GC key got revoked. I have already inform OOPNP about my new express entry profile number and job seeker code

Please advise
Respond to this email with the new profile number and JS code.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
afsal khan said:
Hi,
I have 11 months of experience in B category and one month in A category. Am I eligible for the express entry?
No. You should have at least 12 months of continuous work experience in one NOC in the past 10 years.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
kovthe said:
I was checking the CIC website(http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/invitations.asp), and it mentions under heading Declining an Invitation to Apply ,
"There is no guarantee that you will be invited to apply again." This statement sounds a bit scary.

Do we have anyone in our group who had to submit eAPR with letter of explanation and was granted extension by CIC to furnish medical/PCC reports? Or rejected ITA initially and received ITA later after few months.
That statement is for people who are awaiting a direct ITA. Say their score is 470. They might have received an ITA in this draw and after this draw the score might not go below 475 for the next 3 months or so. Something like that. In your case however, you have 600 points + your original CRS. Your CRS will be around 900 - 1000 + points. If you keep rejecting, you will receive an ITA for the next 6 months in all the draws because you have high points.

From my observation, the odds are the application will be rejected if you submit it incomplete (in this particular case). Extensions are provided for certain cases (FBI PCC especially because it takes a long time to procure). However, "Doctor has advised bed rest", IMO, is not a viable reason to skip PCC and medicals for your spouse. Usually, when the wife is carrying, people get the medicals done (except the chest X-ray) and then submit the application. The chest X-ray will be done after she has delivered. When the chest X-ray is submitted to IRCC, they will continue processing your application.

I strongly recommend you against submitting the application without the medicals and PCC of your spouse. But it is your application and the decision is yours.

Good luck and all the very best!

kovthe

Star Member
Jul 10, 2015
rajkamalmohanram said:
That statement is for people who are awaiting a direct ITA. Say their score is 470. They might have received an ITA in this draw and after this draw the score might not go below 475 for the next 3 months or so. Something like that. In your case however, you have 600 points + your original CRS. Your CRS will be around 900 - 1000 + points. If you keep rejecting, you will receive an ITA for the next 6 months in all the draws because you have high points.

From my observation, the odds are the application will be rejected if you submit it incomplete (in this particular case). Extensions are provided for certain cases (FBI PCC especially because it takes a long time to procure). However, "Doctor has advised bed rest", IMO, is not a viable reason to skip PCC and medicals for your spouse. Usually, when the wife is carrying, people get the medicals done (except the chest X-ray) and then submit the application. The chest X-ray will be done after she has delivered. When the chest X-ray is submitted to IRCC, they will continue processing your application.

I strongly recommend you against submitting the application without the medicals and PCC of your spouse. But it is your application and the decision is yours.

Good luck and all the very best!
Thanks rajkamalmohanram for your elaborate reply.

kovthe

Star Member
Jul 10, 2015
Regarding the IELTS score. I had taken the IELTS 28/03/2015 and got the result was declared on 10/04/2015. So If I accept the ITA in say first week of March and able to complete the eAPR by 28/03/2015, do I need re-take the IELTS, or it should fine with current score.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
kovthe said:
Regarding the IELTS score. I had taken the IELTS 28/03/2015 and got the result was declared on 10/04/2015. So If I accept the ITA in say first week of March and able to complete the eAPR by 28/03/2015, do I need re-take the IELTS, or it should fine with current score.
Your IELTS is valid till 28/03/2017. You can submit your application anytime before that. Good luck!

2Canada2016

Aug 7, 2016
Hello friends/Raj/Istari,

I was working in a company from 1-June-2009 to 14-Aug-2012. On 14-Aug-2012, I applied for 2 years sabbatical leave in my company. It has been approved by the HR after my supervisor approval.

• 15-Aug-2012 to 14-Sep-2012 - I applied for casual leave, for this period company paid me the salary
  • 15-Sep-2012 to 14-Oct-2012 - I applied for my sick leave, for this period company paid me the salary
  • 15-Oct-2012 to 13-Oct-2014 - I applied for 2 years sabbatical leave, unpaid leave

On 20-Aug-2009, I landed in Canada to do my masters program.

Some time in Oct-2014, I decided to quit my job, so I sent them my resignation letter. They accepted it and I got the relieving letter with the end date as 14-Oct-2012. They send the hard copy of the letter to my residence in home country. I didn't remember the end date clearly.

For my express entry application, under work history section, I mentioned about this job XXXX. For this job, I have provided the start date as 1-June-2009 and the end date as 14-Aug-2012 instead of 14-Oct-2012.

But while submitting my e-APR application, I updated that job with "14-Oct-2012" as my end date (As a proof I also submitted the reference letter provided by the company which had "14-Oct-2012" as my end date). I submitted the letter of explanation for other things, but I forgot to mention this thing in the letter.

I got CRS points for this 3 years job. The end date change is no way reducing my CRS points, because considering this end-date my experience will be 3.2 years.

Do I need to include it in the letter of explanation?
How to submit an updated letter of explanation?
What is CSE and how can I raise a CSE?

Hamsavardhini

Sep 5, 2016
I was an working professional for 2 years 7 months and I resigned my job for masters.

During my 1.5 yrs of masters, I did paid internship for 8 months !

After I completed my masters, I am currently working as an full time employee for the past 4 months.

I don't know whether shall I consider my work experience as 3 years 1 month or 3 years 9 months including internship ????

istari

Champion Member
Jul 5, 2016
Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hamsavardhini said:
I was an working professional for 2 years 7 months and I resigned my job for masters.

During my 1.5 yrs of masters, I did paid internship for 8 months !

After I completed my masters, I am currently working as an full time employee for the past 4 months.

I don't know whether shall I consider my work experience as 3 years 1 month or 3 years 9 months including internship ????
It doesn't matter. Either way, you only get points for 3 years (because 3y9m is not an option). So leave the internship out of your work experience section. Put it in your personal history once you receive ITA.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
2Canada2016 said:
Hello friends/Raj/Istari,

I was working in a company from 1-June-2009 to 14-Aug-2012. On 14-Aug-2012, I applied for 2 years sabbatical leave in my company. It has been approved by the HR after my supervisor approval.

• 15-Aug-2012 to 14-Sep-2012 - I applied for casual leave, for this period company paid me the salary
  • 15-Sep-2012 to 14-Oct-2012 - I applied for my sick leave, for this period company paid me the salary
  • 15-Oct-2012 to 13-Oct-2014 - I applied for 2 years sabbatical leave, unpaid leave

On 20-Aug-2009, I landed in Canada to do my masters program.

Some time in Oct-2014, I decided to quit my job, so I sent them my resignation letter. They accepted it and I got the relieving letter with the end date as 14-Oct-2012. They send the hard copy of the letter to my residence in home country. I didn't remember the end date clearly.

For my express entry application, under work history section, I mentioned about this job XXXX. For this job, I have provided the start date as 1-June-2009 and the end date as 14-Aug-2012 instead of 14-Oct-2012.

But while submitting my e-APR application, I updated that job with "14-Oct-2012" as my end date (As a proof I also submitted the reference letter provided by the company which had "14-Oct-2012" as my end date). I submitted the letter of explanation for other things, but I forgot to mention this thing in the letter.

I got CRS points for this 3 years job. The end date change is no way reducing my CRS points, because considering this end-date my experience will be 3.2 years.

Do I need to include it in the letter of explanation?
How to submit an updated letter of explanation?
What is CSE and how can I raise a CSE?
I don't see an issue here because you would have completed your 3 years in June 2012. You get maximum points for 3 years of work experience. This will not bring about a change in your CRS score so, IMO, you are fine!

Since you were still employed with the company and you were getting paid till October 2014, everything holds good. No LOE is required, IMO.

kamy

Feb 1, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I had applied eAPR on 27th Sep and got AOR, medicals were passed on 29th Sep.

Would it be a good time if I request for my first GCMS notes at the end of October or it would be too early to have some material information?

zionite

Mar 30, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-03-2017
Hello,

Please i have applied for a new passport because i did a change of name, but it will be ready next week. Can i still submit my EE profile with my Old passport details and update it when i get my new passport?

What if i get an ITA before then? Can i still update my passport details?

kamy

Feb 1, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
zionite said:
Hello,

Please i have applied for a new passport because i did a change of name, but it will be ready next week. Can i still submit my EE profile with my Old passport details and update it when i get my new passport?

What if i get an ITA before then? Can i still update my passport details?
If it's just a matter of one week, you should wait, this will avoid unnecessary hassles later on. You have a new name and you should create profile with this new new name if it is what is going to be there on your passport next week.

zionite

Mar 30, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-03-2017
kamy said:
If it's just a matter of one week, you should wait, this will avoid unnecessary hassles later on. You have a new name and you should create profile with this new new name if it is what is going to be there on your passport next week.
Thanks Kamy,

Was just hopeful that i get an ITA in the next draw....so scared of missing the next draw :(

kamy

Feb 1, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
zionite said:
Thanks Kamy,

Was just hopeful that i get an ITA in the next draw....so scared of missing the next draw :(
what is your CRS score?