+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry in a nutshell

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
workharder said:
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) has reviewed your application for permanent residence. We have determined that your application does not meet the requirements of a complete application as described in sections 10 and 12.01 of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations. Your application is rejected for being incomplete.
Specifically, your application does not include the following elements:
- Police Certificate:
o The Police certificate from India that you provided with your application is not acceptable as it does not cover the full period of time spent in India. You have indicated in your address/personal history that you resided in various cities from 2003/07 to 2016/05. The submitted Police Certificate only covers from June 2016 to present.

Not sure what to do in this case
In this case, the PCC has to be obtained from a PSK (Passport Seva Kendra). I suppose you obtained a PCC from the local police/commissioner's office? If any specific addresses are mentioned on your PCC AND if you have stayed in addresses other than what is mentioned on the PCC, then that PCC will not be accepted by IRCC. PCCs issued by PSKs do not mention any addresses. It is for the whole of India. So, if you still have the score, I suggest you to re-submit your application with the PCC issued by PSK.

Good luck!

Hamsavardhini

Sep 5, 2016
Hi I am 28 years old with two masters - one in Singapore and one in India . possess 3 years 3 months of IT work experience.

How much CRS points is for my 3-4 years of work experience?

The options I can see in the assessment tool are,

2-3 years
4-5 years

Unfortunate thing is, If i choose 2-3 years I am not eligible with 65 points and if I choose 4-5 years I am eligible with 67 points.

I am confused. Please advise which option shall I use to apply ?

thestunner316

Champion Member
Feb 6, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hb_rashidy said:
Hi,

Query regarding PCC

I have been out of my home country for 2 years (2010-2012). During these 2 years I was working in UAE. So I will get my PCC from UAE.
But there is an issue, during these 2 years I have been to my home country for many times (7,8 times) Indeed after every 2 or 3 months I used to visit my home country for at least 1 month. And I have provided all these travel information in Travel History section.
Time frame is like,
From Nov. 2010 - Feb 2011 - I was in UAE
From Feb. 2011 - March 2011 - I was in My Home Country

Same routine for next 2 years.
Although I will get a PCC for these 2 years from UAE but Should I get PCC from my home country for these 2 years (2010-2012) as well? Because I have been here after every 2 or 3 months for at least 1 complete month.

Thanks
you need PCC from every resident country, including your home country.

thestunner316

Champion Member
Feb 6, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hamsavardhini said:
Hi I am 28 years old with two masters - one in Singapore and one in India . possess 3 years 3 months of IT work experience.

2-3 years
4-5 years

Unfortunate thing is, If i choose 2-3 years I am not eligible with 65 points and if I choose 4-5 years I am eligible with 67 points.

choose the 4-5 years one, in the actual EE profile they will ask if you have 3+ years experience... so there you can select that

hb_rashidy

Aug 25, 2015
Pakistan
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
28-11-2016
Nomination.....
31-8-2016
AOR Received.
28-11-2016
IELTS Request
Ielts L8, R7.5, W7, S7
File Transfer...
16/12/2016
Med's Done....
16-11-2016
thestunner316 said:
you need PCC from every resident country, including your home country.
Thanks for this priceless information.
But this is not the answer of question. Please read my question again.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
hb_rashidy said:
Thanks for this priceless information.
But this is not the answer of question. Please read my question again.
hb_rashidy said:
Hi,

Query regarding PCC

I have been out of my home country for 2 years (2010-2012). During these 2 years I was working in UAE. So I will get my PCC from UAE.
But there is an issue, during these 2 years I have been to my home country for many times (7,8 times) Indeed after every 2 or 3 months I used to visit my home country for at least 1 month. And I have provided all these travel information in Travel History section.
Time frame is like,
From Nov. 2010 - Feb 2011 - I was in UAE
From Feb. 2011 - March 2011 - I was in My Home Country

Same routine for next 2 years.
Although I will get a PCC for these 2 years from UAE but Should I get PCC from my home country for these 2 years (2010-2012) as well? Because I have been here after every 2 or 3 months for at least 1 complete month.

Thanks
For any country where you might have stayed for a period of 6 months or more after the age of 18 (irrespective of whether the stay is continuous or not), you MUST submit a PCC that was issued AFTER your last departure from that country. So, yes, you need to get a PCC from your home country if you do not already have one issued AFTER your last departure.

er.satnamsinghbhullar

Apr 30, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
15 june
Med's Done....
25 june
Stanlee and Raj

What is the very first status in BACKGROUND CHECK column when we initiate our profile??

hb_rashidy

Aug 25, 2015
Pakistan
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
28-11-2016
Nomination.....
31-8-2016
AOR Received.
28-11-2016
IELTS Request
Ielts L8, R7.5, W7, S7
File Transfer...
16/12/2016
Med's Done....
16-11-2016
rajkamalmohanram said:
For any country where you might have stayed for a period of 6 months or more after the age of 18 (irrespective of whether the stay is continuous or not), you MUST submit a PCC that was issued AFTER your last departure from that country. So, yes, you need to get a PCC from your home country if you do not already have one issued AFTER your last departure.
Thanks Raj for reply. Yes I am aware that I will have to get 2 PCCs. But Issue is the duration of stay. Because on both PCCs, duration will be mentioned.

Actually I have been in my home country for around 8 months during these 2 years (2 Years that I worked overseas). And these 8 months are random through out the 2 years.
Now PCC from my home country can only show 3 to 4 entries for duration of stay. While I have 8 or 9 entries. So they want me consolidate the whole time period. When I will consolidate the time (complete 2 years) then It will also cover the time I spent overseas. And then it will overlap (Like 1)PCC From UAE (2010-2012) & 2) PCC from my home Country will also show this time)

And If I miss these 2 years from my home country PCC, then how can I justify the 8 months during these 2 years that I lived at home.

U got me?

zezu

Star Member
Feb 8, 2016
Toronto
Hamsavardhini said:

2-3 years
4-5 years

If your work experience is 3.3 years. you do not fall in the 4-5 yrs category at all

istari

Champion Member
Jul 5, 2016
Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hamsavardhini said:

2-3 years
4-5 years

Yep, unfortunately, thestunner316 is wrong about this one. If you only have 65 points, you don't meet the eligibility requirements, and you can't apply.

Rickyindia

Star Member
Sep 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-12-2016
AOR Received.
18-12-2016
Med's Done....
05-01-2017
Passport Req..
16-3-2017
Dear seniors istari,raj,asivad.

Kindly share the format of LOE. I need the same. Thanks in advance.

kamy

Feb 1, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hamsavardhini said:

2-3 years
4-5 years

You don't have an option to choose here, your experience doesn't fall under 4-5 category and would have to wait for 9 more months if you are relying solely on experience to increase points.

kamy

Feb 1, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

I have submitted eAPR today, however a quick question on the height field in personal details.

Nurse at the medical center meassured my height around 3 cm less which doctor is going to write in medical exam report. However, I have mentioned my height in eAPR which I know of through yearly medical exams.

for example,

My actual height which I know of = 178 cm
Immigraion medical exam height= 175 cm

This is the case of all family members, somewhow I was not convinced and my wife about the way nurse measure our height.

Is this mismatch going to be an issue? I hope not, kindly shed light.

Maaftgbkum

Jan 4, 2015
I have uploaded my schedule A and IMM5662 forms.
In status now :
Documents : provided

But why it is showing replacement Schedule A
And replacement IMM5662 ?
Replacement?

anil918918

Star Member
Feb 4, 2016
Hello Friends,

I have received AOR and they said that my bank draft expired and asked me to send a new one .I have sent it about 3 weeks ago but i still did not receive my expired bank draft nor did i receive the confirmation of the new draft .They are not responding to my mail .Any one else facing the same issue ??? is there anything i could do now .