+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry in a nutshell

archies

Sep 16, 2015
Help

i received the transcript from university in sealed envelop but its not stamped and signed on back flap.
will WES accept it?
if not what is advised to do in this case?

TIA

Johny Bravo

Mar 29, 2015
Hi there, maybe in this topic someone can help me

I have only 4 questions that still stop me from clicking submit

1. In EE application where there is a question about "Job Title" (I have LMO and I've been doing the same job for almost 3 years here in Ontario), do I use the job title from my NOC / work permit or the one from my Job Letter (there was no exact same name as my occupation when they were looking for the NOC number applying for LMO so my lawyer used the closest one).

2. There is a question " how many employers made this job offer if your job offer is in a skilled trade, up to two employers can make an offer for at least one year of continuous full-time work..." only one employer went through the LMO process to keep me so I guess that would be "1" (sorry if it's a stupid question I just don't want to make any mistakes)

3. another one is the "LIMIA issue date", is that the date on my LMO (6 moths that expired already) or my WP that is still good?

4. Last question: In "work history" section in EE application, do I have to use all my previous jobs that are not at all related to my current job based on LMO (the NOC for my current WP has not much to do with my previous jobs). I know I'm gonna have to use those unrelated jobs in the further process but I was just wondering about the first EE step for now.

Thank you!

kakmam1

Feb 14, 2016
Pune, India
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-12-2015 (SINP)
Doc's Request.
02-06-2016 (Schedule A) Provided on 07-02-2016
Nomination.....
02-02-2016 (SINP)
AOR Received.
24-02-2016
IELTS Request
Already submitted with post ITA application
Med's Request
Med's Done....
26-02-2016
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
10-10-2016
VISA ISSUED...
17-10-2016
LANDED..........
02-02-2017
Hi Raj,

Sorry for putting the same query again in the other forum

I have some query on my study details that I have filled in post ITA form. Request you to please have a look over below queries and suggest if that is fine. On some forums, I read that this wrong, especially on point 4.

Here in India, academic year starts from 1 Apr to 31 Mar (of next year)

1. I have started my 10th classes for board examination from 1 Apr 2003 and academic year completed on 31 March 2004 and exams completed in month of March-2004. But the passing certificate, they issued on 26 May 2004 (the date mentioned in mark sheet/passing certificate) as they took two months to declare the result/passing certificate. By the time, I started attending 11th class from 1 Apr 2004. I have filled in the details as below. If I would have been selected end date as May 2004 as end date for this for 10th class education then it must have overlapped with secondary education. Please suggest if that is ok.

Other 2003/4 - 2004/3 for none, below secondary class certification (10th class)

2. I have started my secondary class examination for 11th and 12th classes for board examination from 1 Apr 2004 and academic year completed on 31 March 2006 (duration is of 2 years including 11th and 12th class) and exams completed in month of March-2006. But the passing certificate, they issued in May 2006 as they took two months to declare the result. I have filled in the details as below for secondary education. Here I have selected end date as May 2006 as it was not getting overlapped. Please suggest if that is ok.

Other 2004/4 - 2006/5 for secondary class certification (11th and 12th class)

3. For my graduation studies in Bachelor of engineering, my classes started from Aug 2006 and got end in month of Aug 2010 with final semester exam(duration 4 years). I have the passing certificate and final semester mark sheet of month Aug 2010. But again, convocation took some time to happen after final exam and they gave convocation certificate on 9 Feb 2011. I have selected date as below as I have completed my final graduation exam and classes in Aug 2010 and I was waiting for final convocation certificate.

Other 2006/8 - 2006/10 for graduation in Bachelor of Engineering (Electrical Engg.) certification

4. As mentioned above, I have completed my graduation in Aug. 2010 as Bachelor in engg. (Electrical Engg.) but I have started working as Business Analyst (Noc 2171) in Nov 2010 so for question “when u first became qualified to practice in this occupation”, I have selected date Nov 2010 in work history section. Some people were saying that you have to select graduation completion date (which is Aug 2010 in my case) but I have started working in this profession when I joined my first company. Please suggest if that is fine

Request you to please help me here as I worrying about rejection from CIC on these terms.what can I do avoid rejection (if done by CIC), please suggest???
I already got AOR on 25 Feb

SamSamo

Star Member
Dec 27, 2015
Hi Raj,

In my EE profile, in the work history, I mentioned my current job, which is still less than 12 month employment. I suppose I didn't get any points for that.
Currently, I'm filling e-APR and I see this employment is saved in my work history.

Can I just delete it from my work history and mention it in my personal history, eventhough I mentioned this current employment in my EE profile?

p9712

Feb 26, 2016
Brampton
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
SamSamo said:
Hi Raj,

In my EE profile, in the work history, I mentioned my current job, which is still less than 12 month employment. I suppose I didn't get any points for that.
Currently, I'm filling e-APR and I see this employment is saved in my work history.

Can I just delete it from my work history and mention it in my personal history, eventhough I mentioned this current employment in my EE profile?
i believe you should keep it. As it is your current job and it will bridge the gap so you should keep it.

p9712

Feb 26, 2016
Brampton
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
razanroro said:
hello:plz i need urgent help ;how can i create account
Go to CIC website and register for GCKEY and create express entry profile.

Abhikabi

Feb 26, 2016
Hi rajkamalmohanram, Asivad and whoever can help,

I have received PT Notification from OINP on Feb 8, 2016.

I had a question about Canadian work experience.

I am a registered nurse (3012) working at 2 different places.

I started working as registered nurse on Feb 18, 2015 for a temporary full time position till September 30, 2015. That was 75 hours biweekly.

And after completing that temporary full time, I got Part-time position as Nurse Manager (3011) from Oct 1, 2015 at the same place with 45 hours biweekly and I worked on that position until Feb 9,2016. And now I am working there as Part-time with 15 hours biweekly + casual.

I also started working for another employer from June 8, 2015 to Jan 31, 2016 as Part-time (30 hours/week + Oncall) registered nurse. And now, I got a temporary full time position with 75 hours biweekly and this is my current job.

I went to my home country from Dec 1, 2015 to Jan 22, 2016.

I have completed more than 1560 hours as a registered nurse.

So my question is,

1. can I show as 1 year of Canadian experience? Even though it's combining different full time and part time positions at two different places with my leave of absence lasting for about 1 month and 22 days?

2. As per the current OINP guideline "If you choose to be assessed against the CEC criteria, OINP requires that you have a minimum of one year of cumulative and full-time employment (1,560 hours or more) or an equal amount in part-time paid work experience in a NOC 0, A, or B occupation in Canada in the past three years from the date of the PT notification of interest from OINP. "
My joining date was Feb 18, 2015 and I got PT notification on Feb 8, 2016, so am I still eligible to apply or do I have to create a new profile?

kakmam1

Feb 14, 2016
Pune, India
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-12-2015 (SINP)
Doc's Request.
02-06-2016 (Schedule A) Provided on 07-02-2016
Nomination.....
02-02-2016 (SINP)
AOR Received.
24-02-2016
IELTS Request
Med's Request
Med's Done....
26-02-2016
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
10-10-2016
VISA ISSUED...
17-10-2016
LANDED..........
02-02-2017
kakmam1 said:
Hi Raj,

Sorry for putting the same query again in the other forum

I have some query on my study details that I have filled in post ITA form. Request you to please have a look over below queries and suggest if that is fine. On some forums, I read that this wrong, especially on point 4.

Here in India, academic year starts from 1 Apr to 31 Mar (of next year)

1. I have started my 10th classes for board examination from 1 Apr 2003 and academic year completed on 31 March 2004 and exams completed in month of March-2004. But the passing certificate, they issued on 26 May 2004 (the date mentioned in mark sheet/passing certificate) as they took two months to declare the result/passing certificate. By the time, I started attending 11th class from 1 Apr 2004. I have filled in the details as below. If I would have been selected end date as May 2004 as end date for this for 10th class education then it must have overlapped with secondary education. Please suggest if that is ok.

Other 2003/4 - 2004/3 for none, below secondary class certification (10th class)

2. I have started my secondary class examination for 11th and 12th classes for board examination from 1 Apr 2004 and academic year completed on 31 March 2006 (duration is of 2 years including 11th and 12th class) and exams completed in month of March-2006. But the passing certificate, they issued in May 2006 as they took two months to declare the result. I have filled in the details as below for secondary education. Here I have selected end date as May 2006 as it was not getting overlapped. Please suggest if that is ok.

Other 2004/4 - 2006/5 for secondary class certification (11th and 12th class)

3. For my graduation studies in Bachelor of engineering, my classes started from Aug 2006 and got end in month of Aug 2010 with final semester exam(duration 4 years). I have the passing certificate and final semester mark sheet of month Aug 2010. But again, convocation took some time to happen after final exam and they gave convocation certificate on 9 Feb 2011. I have selected date as below as I have completed my final graduation exam and classes in Aug 2010 and I was waiting for final convocation certificate.

Other 2006/8 - 2006/10 for graduation in Bachelor of Engineering (Electrical Engg.) certification

4. As mentioned above, I have completed my graduation in Aug. 2010 as Bachelor in engg. (Electrical Engg.) but I have started working as Business Analyst (Noc 2171) in Nov 2010 so for question “when u first became qualified to practice in this occupation”, I have selected date Nov 2010 in work history section. Some people were saying that you have to select graduation completion date (which is Aug 2010 in my case) but I have started working in this profession when I joined my first company. Please suggest if that is fine

Request you to please help me here as I worrying about rejection from CIC on these terms.what can I do avoid rejection (if done by CIC), please suggest???
I already got AOR on 25 Feb
Hi Raj

Please help

Feb 27, 2016
Hi Raj,

First of all, hats off on giving us an excellent insight into the intricacies of express entry. I have a few questions and would greatly appreciate if you can give some suggestions

1) I have a Masters degree(Master of Computer Applications - 3 years) and a bachelors degree(B.Sc Mathematics - years) from India. I got both of them evaluated and the report declared that they are equivalent to Canadian Masters degree and bachelors(4 years) degree respectively. Now while filling the Education History, do I need to include both?
1.1) If so, what should I mention in the Level of Education for the Bachelors Degree?
1.2) And what should I mention in the ECA assessment for the Bachelors degree?
2) If I change job after getting ITA, do I have to update my application. If so, do I have to get an Employment Reference Letter from the new employer as well?
2.1) I have seen some of the answers in this thread mentioning that if a job does not affect one's score, it can just be mentioned in Personal History section. Where is this Personal History section?

Hoping to get a reply from you.

mb1977

May 2, 2015
Hi!!! Need some urgent help

In hope of OINP pt I have withdrawn my EE profile and have created another one and now have to update the EE profile number and validation code in the Job Bank. When I try to do so, it shows a message saying:

The form could not be submitted because 1 error was found:
We are currently experiencing technical difficulties. Please try again later, and if the problem persists, contact the Job Bank Team.

I have tried to do update it over and over again at different hours but no luck. I have tried creating another job bank profile after decativating the initial one, but getting the same error message. Has anybody encountered this problem? Do you know what can be done to resolve this issue? Please help

Maria_48

Feb 25, 2016
Dear all,
I have completed my express entry profile (Federal Skilled Worker), my CRS score is 346, waiting for Invitation to Apply.
My occupation is Elementary and kindergarten school teacher (NOC 4032). How can I get a provincial nomination to increase my score?
Do you know which province finds my occupation eligible?
Thanks in advance

TT222

Sep 21, 2015
Hello,

I am waiting for my IELTS results to create the EE profile.

Meanwhile i thought it would be good idea to start working on other documents like reference letter from previous employers.

I have an query regarding the responsibilities mentioned on the ref letter.

Is it necessary that the responsibilities mentioned on the ref letter an my resume which i will need to submit should be exactly same?

Also in one of my previous job, my designation, dept and location has changed few times but the NOC is same. Is it necessary to mention this changes in the ref letter in detail?

I would really appreciate if anyone can guide on how to prepare the Canadian resume and any other documents i can start working on from now.

Thanks in advance!!!

ptejas

Feb 28, 2016
Hi raj and all,

First of all thank you so much for your guidance and time.

In my case, I created Express Entry profile and I got PT notification in 30 mins.

Now my problem is : I mention 1 year experience based on my hours 1600, but according to time I still have to work 1 month ( up to march 16 ) in order to complete full 1 year (from: march 16 2015 to march 16 2016)

My Question is :
1) Can I delete my profile and re-create ? (if yes then question 2)

2) Once I re-created my profile, is there any chance to get PT notification again ?

Thank you again.