+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry in a nutshell

ca_hopeful

Star Member
Apr 13, 2017
Hello,

I have a question regarding name. Imagine my name full name is xxx yyy zzz.

I've had several passports.

In one of my passports (expired) my full name is written on the given name section as "xxx yyy zzz" and surname field was empty.
In one another passport(expired) my full name was written on the surname section as "xxx yyy zzz" and given name field was empty.
And in my current passport my surname section has "zzz" and Given name has "xxx yyy". This is how it should be.

Technically my name is still the same and have not used any other names. Just that the names were not written in the right sections on my old passports. All other documents(educational etc.) have my full name which is "xxx yyy zzz".

Since there is a difference in how it is written on my older passports, should I be selecting "yes" for the question "has this person used any other name?" Will be really helpful if someone who has gone through this issue can give their advice.

Thanks

somm2202

Jun 27, 2017
Dear All,
I applied for OINP and showed that my spouse and child were not accompanying me. My score was 405. I got nominated and received ITA as well. I will be applying for EAPR soon. Now my wife has also received her ECA, Police character certificate and Medical reports and passports and so has my son who is 6 years old. I have received ITA with score of 1005. Can she and my child accompany me now? If yes then kindly guide me how. I want them to accompany me. Kindly consider my case and allow them to accompany me if possible.
She has IELTS overall score of 6 and has Mater's degree in Commerce and is also a banker having 9 years experience.
Looking forward to kind response from your side.
Thank you.
Please what did you use as POF. Did the gift deed from your father work for you? How long did you leave the deposit in your account before applying?

dammieh

Star Member
May 24, 2017
Nigeria
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
20-10-2017
AOR Received.
20-10-2017
Hello everyone, I am asking this question on behalf of someone who has lost her marriage certificate and the marriage registry have refused to issue another and she doesn't have a copy as well. However, the court has agreed to give an affidavit of marriage, will this suffice in place of marriage certificate.

Kindly advise pls. Thanks

thestunner316

Champion Member
Feb 6, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello everyone, I am asking this question on behalf of someone who has lost her marriage certificate and the marriage registry have refused to issue another and she doesn't have a copy as well. However, the court has agreed to give an affidavit of marriage, will this suffice in place of marriage certificate.

Kindly advise pls. Thanks
i could be wrong but i dont think on its own its sufficient. But if you can add wedding photos, invitation card, etc it will add some extra weight.
if the spouse name is added on passport also - that would help massively.

dammieh

Star Member
May 24, 2017
Nigeria
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
20-10-2017
AOR Received.
20-10-2017
i could be wrong but i dont think on its own its sufficient. But if you can add wedding photos, invitation card, etc it will add some extra weight.
if the spouse name is added on passport also - that would help massively.
It's a Nigerian passport, and spouse's name is not included on it. However, their kids were born in the US and both names are on the birth certificates and she will also add wedding photos, invitation cards, a letter from the minister that officiated the wedding and the affidavit. Do you think that would be sufficient proof?

thestunner316

Champion Member
Feb 6, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
It's a Nigerian passport, and spouse's name is not included on it. However, their kids were born in the US and both names are on the birth certificates and she will also add wedding photos, invitation cards, a letter from the minister that officiated the wedding and the affidavit. Do you think that would be sufficient proof?
yeah that should be OK... i mean you have kids also for crying out loud :D, if thats not proof enough for marriage, nothing is...

Reactions: dammieh

nilsen21

May 31, 2017
Hello friends,

Can anyone of you share some information on how the photographs are uploaded while submitting the PR application? So we need to upload the digital copies only? What about the back side of the photograph- Do we also need to upload the backside of the photo?

thanks in advance!!

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello friends,

Can anyone of you share some information on how the photographs are uploaded while submitting the PR application? So we need to upload the digital copies only? What about the back side of the photograph- Do we also need to upload the backside of the photo?

thanks in advance!!
Stick to the requirements of your document checklist, no back side of the photo is required.

Reactions: Wandering Mind

Rohityuv31

Star Member
Aug 7, 2017
Hi Guys

I m going to apply in Express entry under Federal skilled worker.
My question is I m 28 years old what all I need to show in the proof of funds ? Can I show my parents assets ,bank balance ,properties and my salary per annum as proof of funds ?

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Guys

I m going to apply in Express entry under Federal skilled worker.
My question is I m 28 years old what all I need to show in the proof of funds ? Can I show my parents assets ,bank balance ,properties and my salary per annum as proof of funds ?
The funds must belong to you and not be borrowed. You cannot show your parents assets/properties/etc.

Rohityuv31

Star Member
Aug 7, 2017
What I need to do since I don't have much funds in my bank account and I live with my parents and all my properties are against their name also their bank balance is more higher than mine .

How much minimum proof of funds I need to show ?

Rohityuv31

Star Member
Aug 7, 2017
How can I show the proof of funds as I dont have much but they have ,there must be some alternative I m sure not all of the guys who are applying must be having a bank balance of lakhs of rupees or properties against there name specially when I m 28 years old