+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry in a nutshell

Lifehack

Dec 19, 2016
Category........
FSW
Hi

Thank you for your reply.

I have already received my passport and today updated my passport information in EE.

I will be applying for my PCC with new details this week.

I have a question when we make any changes in EE application do we always continue and sign our name at the and or we just save an exit?

Regards

Lifehack

Maverick28 said:
Apply for your new passport. You will have it within a month. This will help you in getting your PCC quickly as it takes less time for PCC if you have renewed your passport within last 6 months. You can always update your new passport information in EE profile.

Bafemmy

Jan 16, 2017
i dont see any [rpblem here.

You didn't claim point for her to get an ITA.

The only ish i think is you have to proof shes an accompanying partner

kyle1024 said:
Hi!Got a important question for you...

When I create my EE profile I declare as SINGLE. But I do have a common law partner but at that time we broke up so I consider my self as Single.

And then we good again....after I received my ITA

So what should I do when I file the PR application? As common law but partner not accompanying to Canada? (we both here)

Pls help...this question is killing me..

Thank you and God bless you!

MohitNAgarwal

Mar 29, 2017
Hi Raj,

This is a wonderful post, most of my queries were solved post going through the same. However there are few queries which are still there and I have chalked them below for you to help me out on those:

1) Will adding my SSC(10th) and HSC (12th) certificates for ECA-WES help increase my points in CRS? I have completed my Bachelor of Engg from Mumbai university, so as per your post I am planning to send only my graduation attested docs to WES.

2) My sister resides in Canada as PR holder. Will this help add points in the CRS? as i keep reading in some posts that it does not and in some that it does? Let me know if you are aware of it? and will this really help.

Will wait for your reply, thanks.

REgards,
Mohit

TorontoPunjabi

May 20, 2016
Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
01-04-2017
Doc's Request.
Upfront
AOR Received.
01-04-2017
IELTS Request
8 Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
27-02-2017
Passport Req..
19-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
14-07-2017
LANDED..........
20-07-2017
Ezgi84 said:
I have never heard or see something that says it has to be one page... my duties are two pages long and I am not planning to delete any of them... I dont know where your friend got that info... I guess they meant it has to be one pdf document when you are uploading that to your e-apr page, because you cannot add two seperate documents for one slot when you are submitting your e-apr....

No dont delete anything...
Thanks a lot. Also, What else do I need to add with the Job letter. T4s? paystubs? etc.

TanakaM

VIP Member
Dec 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-04-17
TorontoPunjabi said:
Thanks a lot. Also, What else do I need to add with the Job letter. T4s? paystubs? etc.
If the letter has all the details it's all you need, everything else is extra. A number of people add payslips, but like i said, these are optional.

All the best

Ezgi84

Feb 9, 2017
Istanbul
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
04-05-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
06-03-2017
TanakaM said:
If the letter has all the details it's all you need, everything else is extra. A number of people add payslips, but like i said, these are optional.

All the best
Exactly, include if you feel you want to but if the letter has all the details then you dont have to ,

Goodluck!

TorontoPunjabi

May 20, 2016
Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
01-04-2017
Doc's Request.
Upfront
AOR Received.
01-04-2017
IELTS Request
8 Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
27-02-2017
Passport Req..
19-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
14-07-2017
LANDED..........
20-07-2017
TanakaM said:

All the best
Thanks a lot Tanaka.

TorontoPunjabi

May 20, 2016
Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
01-04-2017
Doc's Request.
Upfront
AOR Received.
01-04-2017
IELTS Request
8 Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
27-02-2017
Passport Req..
19-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
14-07-2017
LANDED..........
20-07-2017
Ezgi84 said:
Exactly, include if you feel you want to but if the letter has all the details then you dont have to ,

Goodluck!
Thanks Ezgi84 and TanakaM. Good to see that we all are Feb 8 ITA recipients. Thanks for the wishes. Good Luck to you guys as well.

Ezgi84

Feb 9, 2017
Istanbul
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
04-05-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
06-03-2017
TorontoPunjabi said:
Thanks Ezgi84 and TanakaM. Good to see that we all are Feb 8 ITA recipients. Thanks for the wishes. good Luck to you guys as well.
You are welcome!

TanakaM

VIP Member
Dec 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-04-17
MohitNAgarwal said:
Hi Raj,

This is a wonderful post, most of my queries were solved post going through the same. However there are few queries which are still there and I have chalked them below for you to help me out on those:

1) Will adding my SSC(10th) and HSC (12th) certificates for ECA-WES help increase my points in CRS? I have completed my Bachelor of Engg from Mumbai university, so as per your post I am planning to send only my graduation attested docs to WES.

2) My sister resides in Canada as PR holder. Will this help add points in the CRS? as i keep reading in some posts that it does not and in some that it does? Let me know if you are aware of it? and will this really help.

Will wait for your reply, thanks.

REgards,
Mohit
Hi,

1) For the FSWP only post secondary education is need. So you are doing the right thing.

2) Having a relative in Canada gives your point in the initial 6 selection factor (minimum requirement is 67/100). http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/apply-factors.asp
However, it doesn't add to your CRS points. http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/crs-tool.asp

All the best

TanakaM

VIP Member
Dec 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-04-17
TorontoPunjabi said:
Thanks Ezgi84 and TanakaM. Good to see that we all are Feb 8 ITA recipients. Thanks for the wishes. Good Luck to you guys as well.
Cheers, good observation.

cmoncanada

Mar 22, 2017
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Inland
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
30/03/2017
Med's Done....
20/03/2017
TanakaM said:
This works for CEC , which doesn't even need to be continuous. However, my interpretation of the requirements for foreign work experience are that once you change companies it is no longer continuous :

"Minimum requirements
Skilled work experience

Your work experience must be:

at least one year (1,560 hours total / 30 hours per week), continuous full-time or an equal amount in part-time,
paid work (volunteer work, unpaid internships do not count),
in the same job,
within the last 10 years, and
at skill type 0, or skill levels A or B of the 2011 National Occupational Classification (NOC)."

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/apply-who.asp

Perhaps a 3rd opinion would help.
For the CEC I needed to prove 12 months of continuous work experience in Canada and I have asked a lawyer about moving to a different company/job. Since I had only 1 year to make it work, she said if I moved to a different company I shouldn't have not even a 1 day gap.

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
cmoncanada said:
For the CEC I needed to prove 12 months of continuous work experience in Canada and I have asked a lawyer about moving to a different company/job. Since I had only 1 year to make it work, she said if I moved to a different company I shouldn't have not even a 1 day gap.
You should consider getting a new lawyer. Tanaka is absolutely correct, for CEC the 12 months of Canadian work experience need not be continuous.

cmoncanada

Mar 22, 2017
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Inland
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
30/03/2017
Med's Done....
20/03/2017
DelPiero07 said:
You should consider getting a new lawyer. Tanaka is absolutely correct, for CEC the 12 months of Canadian work experience need not be continuous.
What I meant is: I just had 1 year to prove that I got my 12 months of work experience because after graduating, I got a 1-year-post-grad work permit. So in my case it needed to be "continuous".

TanakaM

VIP Member
Dec 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-04-17
DelPiero07 said:
Also read through this:

"Canadian work experience

(3) For the purposes of this section, Canadian work experience is work experience that

(a) is acquired by a foreign national in Canada in one or more occupations listed in Skill Type 0 Management Occupations or Skill Level A or B of the National Occupational Classification matrix;
(b) consists of full-time work experience, or the full-time equivalent for part-time work experience, with one or more employers;
(c) is acquired within the 10-year period preceding the day on which points are assigned to the foreign national under subsection (1); and
(d) is remunerated by the payment of wages or a commission.

Requirements

(4) In order to be assigned points under subsection (1) for their Canadian work experience, a foreign national

(a) must specify in their expression of interest the four-digit code in the National Occupational Classification that corresponds to each of the occupations they have engaged in while accumulating their Canadian work experience; and
(b) must have performed the actions described in the lead statement for the occupation as set out in the occupational descriptions of the National Occupational Classification, as well as a substantial number of the main duties, including all essential duties, as set out in the National Occupational Classification."

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/mi/express-entry.asp

And this:

"Skilled work experience

To be considered for the Canadian Experience Class, you need to have Canadian skilled work experience within three years of applying. According to the Canadian National Occupational Classification (NOC), skilled work experience means:

Managerial jobs (NOC skill level 0)
Professional jobs (NOC skill type A)
Technical jobs and skilled trades (NOC skill type B)

Your experience must be at least 12 months of full-time (30 hours of paid work per week or more) or an equal amount in part-time hours.
Full Time

30 hours/week for 12 months = 1 year full time (1,560 hours)
Part time

15 hours/week for 24 months = 1 year full time (1,560 hours)
Or
30 hours/week for 12 months at more than one job = 1 year full time (1,560 hours)"

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/cec/apply-who.asp