+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry in a nutshell

lisap1993

Feb 28, 2017
DelPiero07 said:
The answer is "yes"

You'll get your points within 24 hrs.
Thank you! I've updated my profile yesterday around 3.. still hasn't re-calculated my points.. if it doesn't get updated till tomorrow, should i call CIC ?

raliprem

Mar 1, 2017
resu said:
Not required. It asks from post secondary that is after 12th
But while creating the EE profile, the education history asks... like this..

We will assess RALIPREM's secondary and post-secondary periods of study for eligibility for Express Entry, and use them to calculate RALIPREM's score. You can tell us about each period of study by filling in the fields below.

Check the list at the bottom of the form first to see information you have already saved.

When you click "Save and Add", each period of study will be saved to the list.
The fields will go blank to let you add details about another period of study.
Use the modify or delete button if you want to change details that you have already saved to the list.

Has RALIPREM finished high school or any higher education (including university, college or vocational training)?

What should I do.?

resu

Oct 10, 2016
Toronto, Canada
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
15 - 02 - 2017
raliprem said:
But while creating the EE profile, the education history asks... like this..

We will assess RALIPREM's secondary and post-secondary periods of study for eligibility for Express Entry, and use them to calculate RALIPREM's score. You can tell us about each period of study by filling in the fields below.

Check the list at the bottom of the form first to see information you have already saved.

When you click "Save and Add", each period of study will be saved to the list.
The fields will go blank to let you add details about another period of study.
Use the modify or delete button if you want to change details that you have already saved to the list.

Has RALIPREM finished high school or any higher education (including university, college or vocational training)?

What should I do.?
Yes when you select yes, it asks you to fill degrees, You give bachelor and masters that makes two or whatever given in ECA. and mention those only.

raliprem

Mar 1, 2017
resu said:
Yes when you select yes, it asks you to fill degrees, You give bachelor and masters that makes two or whatever given in ECA. and mention those only.
Thanks a Lot RESU, Will submit the profile and give you the feedback.

lisap1993

Feb 28, 2017
Oh my god - can someone help please. The latest draw, today on March 1 lowest score with an ITA was 434 points, and I have 436. I haven't received an ITA, because my score got updated only at 4pm today. Does it mean I've missed my chance or is there anything I can do???

Slim2ba

Jul 28, 2015
PLEASE HELP!!

I created my profile overnight and and my review of minimum criteria is still in progress since then. Has anyone had this issue in the past and how was it resolved? I'm sorry i'm posting this in this joyous topic but since y'all have ITAs / are awaiting, i believe you'll all be in a better position to advise.

PS: I had initially created a profile a while ago and for that, review of minimum criteria was met in less than 3 minutes i but i withdrew the application due to some mistakes in the form.

Can this delay be as a result of that??

Here's a breakdown of my status:

Application/profile status.....Pending Additional Criteria
Province/Territory Nomination....No nomination at this time
Job Bank Registration...Not applicable
Review of Minimum Entry Criteria...In Progress
ITA Status..Not Applicable

hopesarehigh

Star Member
Nov 8, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hopesarehigh said:
Can anyone from India who has provided Provident Fund (PF) as proof of fund throw light into what process should be followed ?
can you please help me with this

shappa

Star Member
Nov 21, 2016
Hello Friends ,

I need your help , i have 4 years 10 months Canadian experience and now i am working in my home country . but due to error in the system, it is giving points for 5 year Canadian experience. My correct score is CRS 431 , where as in my EE profile it is showing as CRS 438, due to this in 1st march 2016's 56th draw i got ITA for cut off of CRS 434 and i need to reject it .( it happend in 22nd feb 2016's 55th draw also , my actual CRS was 436, but in EE profile it was showing 443 and i got ITA for cut off of 441 ) . i lost 5 points due to my birth day on 25th feb 2017.

Can any one please suggest me how to make my correct score reflect in my EE profile as i fear multiple decline of ITA may effect me in future invitations.

And also is there any chance i get ITA for 431 , as i fear score may go up.

Kumar2017

Star Member
Feb 22, 2017
Regarding PCC: If I travel to US for 1 month (July 2017) do I need to get PCC from US also?

Also working in US for 1 month will increase CRS score?

KRahman

Star Member
Aug 28, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
SGVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-04-2017
AOR Received.
21-04-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Kumar2017 said:
Regarding PCC: If I travel to US for 1 month (July 2017) do I need to get PCC from US also?

Also working in US for 1 month will increase CRS score?
Nope. Staying abroad over 6 months will require PCC from that country. And a month will not add any value in your crs score.

KRahman

Star Member
Aug 28, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
SGVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-04-2017
AOR Received.
21-04-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Slim2ba said:
PLEASE HELP!!

I created my profile overnight and and my review of minimum criteria is still in progress since then. Has anyone had this issue in the past and how was it resolved? I'm sorry i'm posting this in this joyous topic but since y'all have ITAs / are awaiting, i believe you'll all be in a better position to advise.

PS: I had initially created a profile a while ago and for that, review of minimum criteria was met in less than 3 minutes i but i withdrew the application due to some mistakes in the form.

Can this delay be as a result of that??

Here's a breakdown of my status:

Application/profile status.....Pending Additional Criteria
Province/Territory Nomination....No nomination at this time
Job Bank Registration...Not applicable
Review of Minimum Entry Criteria...In Progress
ITA Status..Not Applicable
it takes around 24hrs to get updated in the EE profile after you successfully activate your Job profile.

TanakaM

VIP Member
Dec 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-04-17
lisap1993 said:
Oh my god - can someone help please. The latest draw, today on March 1 lowest score with an ITA was 434 points, and I have 436. I haven't received an ITA, because my score got updated only at 4pm today. Does it mean I've missed my chance or is there anything I can do???
No you havent missed your chance. It takes upto 24hrs to get an email.

vishalphonsa

Apr 25, 2016
Pune, India
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-05-2017
AOR Received.
14-05-2017
IELTS Request
20-02-2016
Med's Request
02-05-2017
Med's Done....
28-06-2017
Passport Req..
10-08-2017
VISA ISSUED...
25-08-2017
Guys I received ITA today (CRS = 435), I'm confused on one item. Need Help!

The question is regarding ECA. My ECA report is as follows:

-----------------------------------------------
CANADIAN EQUIVALENCY SUMMARY
Bachelor's degree (four years)

CREDENTIAL ANALYSIS
1. Credential Authentication: Official transcripts were sent directly by the institution
Credential: Bachelor of Technology
Year: 2004
Awarded by: National Institute of Technology, Kurukshetra
Institution Status: Recognized
Major/Specialization: Electronics and Communication Engineering
Canadian Equivalency: Bachelor's degree (four years)

2. Credential Authentication: Official transcripts were sent directly by the institution
Credential: Postgraduate Diploma
Year: 2010
Awarded by: Symbiosis Centre for Distance Learning
Institution Status: Non-recognized
Major/Specialization: Operations Management
Canadian Equivalency: Two years of post-secondary study at a non-recognized institution
Remarks: The credential is not comparable to a completed Canadian education credential.

3. Credential Authentication: Official transcripts were sent directly by the institution
Credential: Executive Postgraduate Diploma in Business Management
Year: 2015
Awarded by: Symbiosis International University
Institution Status: Recognized
Major/Specialization: General Management
Canadian Equivalency: Completion of an executive management program offered by a
graduate school of business

--------------------------------------------------
For #3 it says "Completion of an executive management program offered by a graduate school of business" but in overall report summary it says "Bachelor's degree (four years)". Based on this I selected "Two or more certificate, diploma, degree".

As per this my score came out to 435 and I received ITA today.

Question - Based on the ECA report, have I selected the right option? I think it's correct but I'm not sure. In summary it says bachelor but in detail it says executive management program.

I don't want to declare incorrectly and loose future opportunities, at the same time I don't want to claim what's correct.

I haven't selected # 2 so it can be ignored.

PLEASE guide.