+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry: how to create a new profile without loosing all the documents?

ketan.jani

Apr 13, 2016
Hello guys,

My express entry profile was rejected due to a missing document. The letter I received from CIC says "If you still want to come to Canada as a skilled immigrant, you must submit a new Express Entry profile through your MyCIC account."

Further on it says, "The information you submitted as part of your original Express Entry profile will remain in your MyCIC account for 60 calendar days from the date of this letter. This information can be used to submit a new Express Entry profile."

The question is how do I do this once I login to mycic account?

Thanks.

sushsmart15

Champion Member
Jul 25, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
09-02-2017
Nomination.....
21-12-2016
AOR Received.
09-01-2017
Med's Done....
09-02-2017
Passport Req..
12-04-2017
VISA ISSUED...
28-04-017
Once you log into your My CIC account, there are options available. Create a new Express Entry profile OR continue with your existing application, etc.
It seems that you have missed out to mention information about either your passport or IELTS report or ECA report or work exp. section

ketan.jani

Apr 13, 2016
Thanks for replying,

Actually the only thing missing was police clearance from my home country. I was under the impression that they will ask for it once they review my file. I received it 2 weeks after I submitted my file, but instead of asking for it they rejected my application.

As for now I want to resubmit my file hopefully without loosing my documents and everything.

I wish I could paste a screenshot but I don't know how, essentially there are three options once i login, Apply for:
1. Visitor visa, study or work permit
2. International Experience Canada
3. Interim federal health program

I'd appreciate your help, additionally I'll just paste a part of the letter that I got,

"Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) has reviewed your application for
permanent residence. We have determined that your application does not meet the requirements
of a complete application as described in sections 10 and 12.01 of the Immigration and Refugee
Protection Regulations. Your application is rejected for being incomplete.

Specifically, your application does not include the following elements:
Police Certificate:
The letter of explanation regarding the Police Certificate from India you have provided
with your application, has been reviewed, however, with the absence of proof of
submission for that Police Certificate, we are unable to determine that you made your
best efforts to obtain the required document.
Note: A full review of your application was not performed. There may be other elements, not
identified above, which may also be missing or incomplete."

"The information you submitted as part of your original Express Entry profile will remain in your
MyCIC account for 60 calendar days from the date of this letter. This information can be used to
submit a new Express Entry profile.
If you submit a new Express Entry profile, you will get a new profile number. You will also get
directions on how to register for Job Bank with this new number."

Thanks,
Ketan.

sushsmart15

Champion Member
Jul 25, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
09-02-2017
Nomination.....
21-12-2016
AOR Received.
09-01-2017
Med's Done....
09-02-2017
Passport Req..
12-04-2017
VISA ISSUED...
28-04-017
You did not clarify this scenario in your previous message. If you applied for PR and it got rejected because of the missing PCC from India, then now you need to create a new EE profile and enter all the details again and attach all the documents again along with the Indian PCC.
In short, you need to reapply for your PR now.

getmetocanada

Star Member
Mar 8, 2016
ketan

you'd need to apply again but make sure u submit all proofs or consult an agent i'd say
generally from india the rewsons of rejection are proof of funds.
sposors affidavits, PF account ad all that. gets tricky so make sure u got that covered.

ketan.jani

Apr 13, 2016
Actually I've been in Canada since 2011, studied for 2 years than have been working since 2013.

I think you're right when you say I'll have to submit everything again but, in the rejection letter CIC says all your information will be retained for 60 days?

Thanks.

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
I think it just means you can access your old Express Entry profile for 60 days to copy any information from it to your new profile. In the end, since you know your application/profile by heart, I don't think you need it at all.

Reactions: shaizeik
Feb 27, 2022
Hello,

I had my application rejected as incomplete since by mistake, I didn't submit the police certification translated.

The problem is I'm now 32 which will cause me to lose 5 points. Can I submit my age as 31 as in my original application?