+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry-Got Pregnant after ITA

kittywater

Jan 9, 2016
Hello, friends

I have received ITA. I have been in pregnant for more than 5 months. Do I must do the medical examination before I submit the application. Or can I do some of the medical exam items? Need your help and thank you!~

kittywater

Jan 9, 2016
kittywater said:
Hello, friends

I have received ITA. I have been in pregnant for more than 5 months. Do I must do the medical examination before I submit the application. Or can I do some of the medical exam items? Need your help and thank you!~
Anybody can help?

cjs

Nov 13, 2015
You ll need to go through medical exam. Pregnancy won't have any effects on your application processing. You can go ahead with medical exams.

pspandya

Star Member
Jul 1, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
07-08-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
kittywater said:
Hello, friends

Though I am not an expert here, but while applying you should attach a letter of explanation/case specific inquiry to CIC. Also your medical examiner will help you with this... I wish you a good luck

Aragorn165

Champion Member
Sep 18, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-03-2016
Nomination.....
03-11-2015
AOR Received.
04-03-2016
Passport Req..
02-09-2016
It's best to send a letter of explanation via a CSE.
It won't affect your chances.

Pippin

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2010
Discuss with your OB, you will probably choose to wait until after delivery to have X-rays done. You will need to inform VO that you cannot complete medicals on time and you will have to add the baby (and get his/her medical done) before PR.

kevin0120

Jan 7, 2016
Pippin said:
Discuss with your OB, you will probably choose to wait until after delivery to have X-rays done. You will need to inform VO that you cannot complete medicals on time and you will have to add the baby (and get his/her medical done) before PR.
Pippin is correct

harn

Dec 10, 2015
kittywater said:
Hello, friends

Hi. I have submitted my application two days ago and I am 5 months pregnant . I didn't get my x Ray done as it is not safe for baby. Physician gave me pregnancy deferral letter which mentions my expected due date and I have attched letter of explanation stating that I would get the x Ray done after delievery

mf4361

Champion Member
Apr 17, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18 Nov 2015
Nomination.....
12 Oct 2015
AOR Received.
25 Feb 2016
IELTS Request
Sent
Med's Request
28 Oct 2016
Med's Done....
14 Nov 2016
Passport Req..
27 Feb 2017
VISA ISSUED...
15 Mar 2017
LANDED..........
16 Mar 2017
Physicians won't let you take X ray if you are pregnant. It's a special occasion where you can get deferral for your medical. File CSE with CIC and let them know. Perhaps you would want to add your baby to the application when s/he is born too.

vik1406

Aug 23, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi All,

Will CIC hold the PR application till the baby is born? My wife's due date is in September and we submitted docs in March. Our application status is "We are reviewing the results of your medical exam" and it also says "Your application's next step is to conduct a background check". We are seeing this status from past 2 weeks.

Are they going to hold the application till delivery?

Thanks to all in advance!

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
vik1406 said:
Will CIC hold the PR application till the baby is born? My wife's due date is in September and we submitted docs in March. Our application status is "We are reviewing the results of your medical exam" and it also says "Your application's next step is to conduct a background check". We are seeing this status from past 2 weeks.

Hi

They generally only hold the app when waiting for the x-ray to be completed after the birth. If she has already had the x-ray, it should be processed normally.

vik1406

Aug 23, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
No. Since the due date is in September, so we will be completing the X-Ray in Sep. That means they will not review the remaining steps until then (like Background check and document verification)?

YamPower

Champion Member
Jan 13, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-04-2015
Med's Done....
14-04-2015
Passport Req..
09-09-2015
VISA ISSUED...
23-09-2015
LANDED..........
13-11-2015
Also consider that your proof of funds requirement changes with your family size so you may need to re-submit the POF documentation.

SaraSmi

Star Member
Jun 10, 2016
Ontario
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
2283 B
App. Filed.......
23rd Dec 2016
Doc's Request.
7th March 2017
Nomination.....
16th Nov 2016
AOR Received.
23 Dec 2016
harn said:
Hi. I have submitted my application two days ago and I am 5 months pregnant . I didn't get my x Ray done as it is not safe for baby. Physician gave me pregnancy deferral letter which mentions my expected due date and I have attched letter of explanation stating that I would get the x Ray done after delievery
One of my friend is also pregnant, the doc in canada sent her for special x ray.. covering the stomach which is considered safe. So you should do that, they also provide some helpline number to clear the doubts

paryant22

Mar 12, 2016
Hi All,

Thanks to all in advance!
Hi Vik,

I have the same situation as your's. I would like to understand, where are you able to view this status? When I login into my CIC account I am unable to see my submitted application in the Table of submitted applications. Few days back I was able to view but it suddenly vanished and I am clueless.

Thanks in advance.