+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express entry FSW FBI checks not received yet

venkat51286

Aug 1, 2017
Hi friends,

I received ITA on 12th July. Then after a week I applied for FBI PCC. I still haven't received my FBI checks and 90 days will be completed by 11th October. Should I decline my ITA now. Is there any other way to convince CIC for my ITA. I made payment by cashier's check when I sent to FBI. Appreciate your response.

Thanks

Baahubali

May 18, 2017
Hi friends,

I received ITA on 12th July. Then after a week I applied for FBI PCC. I still haven't received my FBI checks and 90 days will be completed by 11th October. Should I decline my ITA now. Is there any other way to convince CIC for my ITA. I made payment by cashier's check when I sent to FBI. Appreciate your response.

Thanks
You can call and check with FBI about your application. If they have already processed your application then you can wait for a week or so to receive result.

Reactions: venkat51286

AK_canada

Star Member
Apr 25, 2016
Hi, this is on behalf of a friend :

Earlier in the year, when the submission deadline was 60 days (and it was a known fact that FBI takes 90 days for processing), folks used to upload a slip of the processing in their PR application. Is that even allowed now? Or, does one wait for the report to get issued before sending out the PR application?

In the interim, if my friend is to travel for work to the USA, while he has sent the physical docs to FBI (but the processing hasn't started yet), can he travel ?

AK_canada

Star Member
Apr 25, 2016
This is from CIC website:
If you applied for a police certificate, but do not have it by the deadline to submit your online application, write or type your explanation on a blank piece of paper and upload it in the Police Certificate section. You must also upload supporting documents that prove you applied for it, such as a confirmation receipt, payment receipt, delivery notice, tracking number, etc.

Is your friend planning to stay in the US? If yes, then that is OK. If no, then it depends on the issue date of the PCC.
No, he's planning to visit the U.S for a work visit while he has submitted his docs for PCC with the FBI (and no, they haven't started processing yet)

Thanks, I appreciate it.