+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry for Teaching profession requirement

salral

Mar 17, 2016
Hi,

There are following requirements mentioned on cic website and I wanted to confirm whether i need to have some kind of certification before applying under "4032 Elementary school and kindergarten teachers" or just an experience letter would be sufficient? I am applying from Pakistan.

Employment requirements

A bachelor's degree in education is required.
A bachelor's degree in child development may be required.
Additional training is required to specialize in special education or second language instruction.
A provincial teaching certificate is required. Additional certification is required to teach English or French as a second language.
Membership in a provincial or territorial teachers' association or federation is usually required.

New2Ca

Star Member
Feb 3, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You need to have any of above mentioned certificates with education credential equivalency for Canada while applying EE. Later at PR stage you should have work reference letter in standard format supporting your experience and nature of duties. Best wishes.

salral

Mar 17, 2016
Thanks for your reply.

What if I have done Masters in public administration that means no educational related degree. But I have been teaching science subjects to middle class in a very well reputed private school for the last five years?

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
salral said:
Thanks for your reply.

What if I have done Masters in public administration that means no educational related degree. But I have been teaching science subjects to middle class in a very well reputed private school for the last five years?
You can apply and claim points for your work experience based on the reference letter and get your PR if everything checks out. But you cannot work in Canada as a teacher without meeting those educational requirements.

salral

Mar 17, 2016
Thank you Asivad Anac for the great advice.

Would you recommend me to go head and apply for EE in this category with my current academic credentials? Is there any course/certification i should do before applying to make my case strong?

Thanks again in advance.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
salral said:
Thank you Asivad Anac for the great advice.

Would you recommend me to go head and apply for EE in this category with my current academic credentials? Is there any course/certification i should do before applying to make my case strong?

Thanks again in advance.
There is no problem in applying under this NOC provided you can get a valid work reference letter. You don't need any course/certification to increase chances of success.

kamoro

Feb 28, 2016
hi,
Iam Manasses from kenya and im a diploma holder in science education- maths and Biology....somebody advice if possible to secure jobs in canada in primary school level

Samar Nafea

Jul 13, 2018
There is no problem in applying under this NOC provided you can get a valid work reference letter. You don't need any course/certification to increase chances of success.
I have the same situation i have a bachelor pharmacy and i have been working as a teacher for 2 years now...my question is (how do you calculate the working hours for teachers as there is a 3 months summer vacation every year..so there is no 1 continous year of experience??...Wish any one could help me

Reactions: Mai2911

Mai2911

Oct 24, 2018
I have the same situation i have a bachelor pharmacy and i have been working as a teacher for 2 years now...my question is (how do you calculate the working hours for teachers as there is a 3 months summer vacation every year..so there is no 1 continous year of experience??...Wish any one could help me

Hello , I am glad to find someone in my same exact shoes . The Academic year counts as one year . You calculate working hours per week which should be 40 , but I read somewhere 30 .
I need to ask you about your assessment for education , did you use WES or PEBEC and are you claiming points for ( Masters or entry to practice a licensed profession ) or only a ( Bachelor )