LANDED..........
i dont care anymore
Isn't it a joke to apply thru pnp while costs twice and the wait is longer

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Legolas_10 said:
Hey All,

Finally received my PPR yesterday evening!! This forum has been of tremendous help and has kept me from going insane. Special thanks to rajkamalmohanram for providing extremely useful and essential information. Unfortunately there is nothing much one can do besides wait for an update from CIC. Wishing everyone a speedy PR. :)
Congratulations! All the very best :) !

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Sylvesterwole said:
Hi guys, pls I need your help concerning my application because I feel it is taking too long to sort out. ( Fsw outland) I got provincial nomination on September 20 and I got invitation to apply on the second day. I submitted my permanent residence application on the 9th of November, 2016 and confirmation the same day. My medical changed to passed on the 12th of Nov. I was requested to provide additional information on the 22nd of November which I did and it was uploaded and acknowledged. Since then my application has remained the same. On March 17th, I used the web form to informed that I have a new baby and I attached the birth cert n photograph only because the passport was not issued then and I mentioned it in the enquiry. I didn't get a reply until after April 25th that I filled another webform but this time I attached the passport and the medical. This is the reply I got and I don't really understand.

Dear client,

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

We are pleased to confirm the reception of your document. We have forwarded it to the responsible office for their consideration.

Since your file is located at a Canadian visa office, we invite you to contact them too in order to:

Report important changes,
Provide documents,
Obtain information regarding the status of your application, or
Enquire on an outcome of a request.
You will find the complete list of visa offices on the website

We would also like to suggest the following online services that might be helpful to you with any immigration, refugee and/or citizenship future requests:

· Download application forms and guides

· Change of address

· Check your application status

· Help Centre

Please do not reply to this email.
Sincerely,
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada

I feel that my application is taking too long. Any advice on what to do because I'm nervous and agitated
Files are electronically transferred from one office to another. So, you might have raised a CSE to CPC-Ottawa but your file might be currently in-process in another VO (generally, the VO responsible for your region/country). You need to raise a CSE to this VO as well. That is what that e-mail means.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
kovthe said:
Any idea how many of people who get PR, get a job before landing in Canada? If someone does not get a job, do they usually take a long leave from current job and set to explore or they quit and set sail? I am awaiting my e-APR's decision. Are you aware of job agencies that help PR holders in getting interviews remotely from their current locations? Random thoughts crossing minds so thought to check with you all guys.
We do NOT have stats for that but I'd say it is rather difficult to land an interview from your home country than landing one in Canada. However, there are a few people who get called for Skype interviews. Be sure to update your resume and post it on job boards like workopolis, monster, indeed etc. Also, keep your LinkedIn profile up-to-date and highlight the fact that you are looking for jobs in City, Province, Canada. You can try this.

It would be much more possible to land an interview if you give them a specific landing date because employers might not want to interview someone who hasn't received their landing papers and wait indefinitely.

Good luck and all the very best!

siddharthbala

Jan 12, 2016
Mississauga
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
08-07-2016
Doc's Request.
28-12-2016
AOR Received.
10-12-2016
Med's Request
06-12-2016
Med's Done....
14-12-2016
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
12-04-2017
VISA ISSUED...
28-04-2017
LANDED..........
14-09-2017
rajkamalmohanram said:
We do NOT have stats for that but I'd say it is rather difficult to land an interview from your home country than landing one in Canada. However, there are a few people who get called for Skype interviews. Be sure to update your resume and post it on job boards like workopolis, monster, indeed etc. Also, keep your LinkedIn profile up-to-date and highlight the fact that you are looking for jobs in City, Province, Canada. You can try this.

It would be much more possible to land an interview if you give them a specific landing date because employers might not want to interview someone who hasn't received their landing papers and wait indefinitely.

Good luck and all the very best!
It's interesting you should mention that, because I've been doing some research on this which seems to suggest that odds improve significantly for callbacks if you include a Canadian number and a Canadian address on your CV when you send it out. I believe there are services out there which offer virtual Canadian numbers (in the province/city of your choice) that can then forward the calls to your local number for a fixed fee for a month, such as Spikko. If you're okay with getting calls in the odd hours of night (or whenever, depending on your timezone), it's definitely worth considering taking this approach to "soft approach" the job market before flying in to see what it's like.

thestunner316

Champion Member
Feb 6, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kantwait said:
Isn't it a joke to apply thru pnp while costs twice and the wait is longer
you forgot have to live and breathe in the same province and not look for work outside :) lol...

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
siddharthbala said:
It's interesting you should mention that, because I've been doing some research on this which seems to suggest that odds improve significantly for callbacks if you include a Canadian number and a Canadian address on your CV when you send it out. I believe there are services out there which offer virtual Canadian numbers (in the province/city of your choice) that can then forward the calls to your local number for a fixed fee for a month, such as Spikko. If you're okay with getting calls in the odd hours of night (or whenever, depending on your timezone), it's definitely worth considering taking this approach to "soft approach" the job market before flying in to see what it's like.
Yes, the odds are more if you do give a Canadian number /address but without a COPR/Visa in hand, it is hard to tell when the application will be approved. So, I tend to believe that people with a COPR/Visa and a travel date are more likely to get an interview IMO.

Apoorv

Dec 20, 2012
Received GCMS Notes today, 2nd may ... requested on 1st april, generated on 4th april.
R-10 ok - 21 Jan
Medical Passed - 21 Jan
Criminal - RCMP check initiated ( 21 Jan ) - NO REPORTABLE TRACE - 21 JAN
Eligibility (11.2 - EE) - Passed - 11 Feb

Since 11 feb my file has not been touched.

Last notes have been from a Case Analyst. I am sure since last 3 months my file is waiting for Officer Review.

Not sure what else has to be done from our side..

GK33

Star Member
Apr 13, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-11-2016
Apoorv said:
Received GCMS Notes today, 2nd may ... requested on 1st april, generated on 4th april.
R-10 ok - 21 Jan
Medical Passed - 21 Jan
Criminal - RCMP check initiated ( 21 Jan ) - NO REPORTABLE TRACE - 21 JAN
Eligibility (11.2 - EE) - Passed - 11 Feb

Since 11 feb my file has not been touched.

Last notes have been from a Case Analyst. I am sure since last 3 months my file is waiting for Officer Review.

Not sure what else has to be done from our side..
What's your status of security? You can see it on second page.

And also can you please let us know whats your background check status on express entry profile?

Apoorv

Dec 20, 2012
GK33 said:
What's your status of security? You can see it on second page.

And also can you please let us know whats your background check status on express entry profile?
Security - Not Started..
Background - IP 1st Time ( 2 April I guess)

How do they do Security check...

GK33

Star Member
Apr 13, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-11-2016
Apoorv said:
Security - Not Started..

I am not sure how they do security check but call centre agent told me my security is completed.

sms_1190

Feb 6, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Apoorv said:
Security - Not Started..

Your security would be passed as you already got IP2. Don't worry too much. You can call them and they will let you know.
We all are waiting but CIC does not care about us. They only want to give PR to CEC.