+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry - e-APR submitted in December 2016

Piracha123

Star Member
Nov 23, 2016
vidhu88 said:
Hi All

Below is the snapshot of my application status:

Application status: We received your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you.
Review of eligibility: We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Review of medical results: You passed the medical exam.
Review of additional documents: We do not need additional documents.
Interview: You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Background check: Not applicable.
Final decision: Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

My application timeline:

ITA: 19th Oct'16
AOR: 5th Dec'16
Medical Passed: 13th Dec'16
Category: FSW-O
NOC Code: 1122

I haven't seen any progress on my application since 13th Dec'16. Anyone else facing the same issue with the application?

Kindly suggest what could be the reason as I am really getting nervous now.

Thanks

Hi, I am also having the same issue. No update since 2nd dec, 2016.

My timeline is:
ITA: 2nd nov
AOR: 1st Dec
Medicals passed: 2nd Dec
Background check: Not applicable (Not needed till yesterday)

Please someone suggest what to do as it has been more than 3 months without any update. what should we do?

sinp Kathmandu

Aug 14, 2016
Visa Office......
NDVO
App. Filed.......
Oct 2016
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
Oct 2016
AOR Received.
Dec 2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
7/12/ 2016 passed 19 /12 2016
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
May 04 2017
VISA ISSUED...
May 10 2017
LANDED..........
july 2017
Piracha123 said:
Mine is exactly as yours.and I found the outlook(status screen) is somehow changed .
is it some progress on our application or its changed to all the application.can experts
comment on this please.Thanks

makskop

Feb 10, 2016
pmariappan2016 said:
I too have got similar status but background check column says 'not applicable'.
when i hit the question mark on the final decision column, it says final decision has been made. if accepted or refused, will get an email.

My BG never changed to IP,NS. It was on NN till day before yesterday. But Yesterday, they updated many thing. It looks weird to me.

Does this sound a positive sign?

Any comment on this?
I have the same, I think it is only description of the "final decision" section.

My timeline:

FSW - O
AOR - 7th Dec '16
Medical passed - 9th Dec '16
Additional doc sent (Sch A) - 16th Dec '16

From then I haven't received any update.

Ferasz

Nov 11, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16 Sep 2015
Doc's Request.
18 Oct 2016
Nomination.....
04 Nov 2016
AOR Received.
06 Dec 2016
pmariappan2016 said:
I too have got similar status but background check column says 'not applicable'.
when i hit the question mark on the final decision column, it says final decision has been made. if accepted or refused, will get an email.

My BG never changed to IP,NS. It was on NN till day before yesterday. But Yesterday, they updated many thing. It looks weird to me.

Does this sound a positive sign?

Any comment on this?
I had no updates after meds passed on 8 Dec. It seems that some other applicants have the BG status as N/A as well. I don't know the difference to be honest, I think we have to wait for few days and monitor the trend of updates to get better idea.

johnjkjk

Champion Member
Mar 29, 2016
Iman.G said:
I guess we can translate the new wordings to the original NS,NN,IP as you stated the correspondence, and still use the spreadsheet. Would appreciate your comment. :)
I agree with Iman. For now it seems best to assume that they relate to the original NS,NN and IP as before.

Iman.G

Aug 29, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
14-11-2016
AOR Received.
05-12-2016
Med's Done....
13-12-2016
Passport Req..
19-03-2017
Ferasz said:
I had no updates after meds passed on 8 Dec. It seems that some other applicants have the BG status as N/A as well. I don't know the difference to be honest, I think we have to wait for few days and monitor the trend of updates to get better idea.
Thanks to Viveks, he already gave some insight on the new application status and their meanings in the following post:

viveks said:
The change of status changes everything. Our excel and myimmitrackers all are now obsolete (moving from this point onwards)

Background statuses now:
  • Not Applicable
  • Your Application is in progress. The next step is to conduct a background check.
  • We are processing your background check.

Most likely they correspond to:

NN
NS
IP

Respectively.
I assume this change's sole purpose in MyCIC system is not limited to the new wordings to express application status. I hope we're going to see some new status for different phases of the whole process.

Iman.G

Aug 29, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
14-11-2016
AOR Received.
05-12-2016
Med's Done....
13-12-2016
Passport Req..
19-03-2017
Dear all, a silly question: :p
Do we have the right to call CIC and ask an agent for our application's status (including visa office, background checks already done, which examinations are still left to do) or they will answer that question only through GCMS notes?

eatpraylove

Star Member
Jan 5, 2017
Iman.G said:
Do we have the right to call CIC and ask an agent for our application's status (including visa office, background checks already done, which examinations are still left to do) or they will answer that question only through GCMS notes?
You can call and ask whichever question you want about your application... if you get lucky with an experienced agent he will know what information to give and what not to give. However, if you end up with a trainee then you will get nothing in reply.

I called around three to four times so far... Be prepared to wait on hold for 30 mins, to get to any agent..

g126

Champion Member
Feb 22, 2016
Sao Paulo
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
São Paulo
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
27-01-2016
Doc's Request.
16-12-2016
Nomination.....
09-12-2016
AOR Received.
07-01-2017
File Transfer...
18-02-2017
Med's Request
UPFRONT
Med's Done....
15-12-2016
Passport Req..
16-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
22-06-2017
LANDED..........
09-10-2017
Iman.G said:
They've asked us not to bother them with status question during the normal processing time, which is 6 months... If you call you may get lucky and a willing agent that will disclose useful information or not. Never the less I doubt you'll get useful information by calling them. So my suggestion is to order GCMS notes (some differ with me on this).

akmoolah

Nov 28, 2015
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ferasz said:
Whats your VO buddy?

akmoolah

Nov 28, 2015
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
g126 said:
They've asked us not to bother them with status question during the normal processing time, which is 6 months... If you call you may get lucky and a willing agent that will disclose useful information or not. Never the less I doubt you'll get useful information by calling them. So my suggestion is to order GCMS notes (some differ with me on this).
Ideally its better for atleast 3 months to pass to order GCMS notes, but ive seen people from other whatsapp groups and messages who order it every 40 days. Its like eating pringles once you order you cannot stop ;D

viveks

Aug 11, 2016
Pune, India
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-12-2016
AOR Received.
31-12-2016
Passport Req..
25-03-2017
Iman.G said:
I guess we can translate the new wordings to the original NS,NN,IP as you stated the correspondence, and still use the spreadsheet. Would appreciate your comment. :)
Not sure Iman. I feel there is some confusion.

Earlier we knew for sure that NN was the default state. This usually was followed by NS. I interpret this as follows:

- Not needed is the status till the preceding steps are incomplete.
- Once the preceding steps are complete, the systems says - hey now I need BGC and it changes the flag from NN to NS. Why? Because now it is NEEDED but it hasnt started.

This alone now needs to viewed from the current status:

Which one do you think comes first? (The chicken or the egg ;) Look the below statements in isolation. What is logically the first one?

- Your Application is in progress. The next step is to conduct a background check.
- Not Applicable

Unless we have some cases to validate our assumption, we should not disturb the spreadsheet.

BTW, who are the editors of the sheet as on date? We need to number the records and split it up and ensure we have upto date info on this.

vensak

VIP Member
Jul 14, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
viveks said:
Not sure Iman. I feel there is some confusion.

Earlier we knew for sure that NN was the default state. This usually was followed by NS. I interpret this as follows:

- Not needed is the status till the preceding steps are incomplete.
- Once the preceding steps are complete, the systems says - hey now I need BGC and it changes the flag from NN to NS. Why? Because now it is NEEDED but it hasnt started.

This alone now needs to viewed from the current status:

Which one do you think comes first? (The chicken or the egg ;) Look the below statements in isolation. What is logically the first one?

- Your Application is in progress. The next step is to conduct a background check.
- Not Applicable

Unless we have some cases to validate our assumption, we should not disturb the spreadsheet.

BTW, who are the editors of the sheet as on date? We need to number the records and split it up and ensure we have upto date info on this.
In Progress is the new NOT STARTED.
If it really goes IN PROGRESS you will see text like - We are processing / reviewing ...

viveks

Aug 11, 2016
Pune, India
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-12-2016
AOR Received.
31-12-2016
Passport Req..
25-03-2017
vensak said:
In Progress is the new NOT STARTED.
If it really goes IN PROGRESS you will see text like - We are processing / reviewing ...
No Vensak. IP is "We are processing your background check." This is verified over whatsapp from some applicant.

ritchie_v

May 3, 2016
United States of A
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
09-12-2016
AOR Received.
23-12-2016
Med's Done....
07-03-2017
Sarah dhanoa said:
I think its normal, lets wait .,
Its not normal... Definitely not...

Normally, when u pass medicals, ur BG status changes from NN to NS...

NA is like NN... ANd yesterday, couple of my friends got medicals passed and their status also changed as expected.

I was worried cause felt like something is wrong in my app and thats why posted here...

But you are so relaxed and are sure that this is normal - that calms me down... May be you know more than me.

Thanks.