+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry - e-APR submitted in December 2016

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
malican said:
I applied under PNP .Only number i have is Application number in the ack document.It starts with E*****.
I was reading the http://www.visafile.info/how-to-find-your-file-number/ and it says my number should start with EP*****.

The UCI # is 4 numbers hyphen four numbers. As in 0000-0000. If you ever applied for a Canadian visa you would find it on your acknowledgement letters. And the application # would be your express entry profile #.
A couple of people recently pinged me to say that they have received a 10 digit UCI. When one of them asked the IRCC operator as to why the UCI is 10 digits long, he was told that the 8 digit UCI is now exhausted and so 10 digit UCI will be used henceforth.

fun2band

Jul 1, 2016
rajkamalmohanram said:
A couple of people recently pinged me to say that they have received a 10 digit UCI. When one of them asked the IRCC operator as to why the UCI is 10 digits long, he was told that the 8 digit UCI is now exhausted and so 10 digit UCI will be used henceforth.
I checked my aor again.It does not have a number like 0000-0000.All it has is my EE application number with a E as prefix.

It says the below text also
We created a file for your application. The application number is located in the upper right-hand corner of this letter. You must quote this application number each time you contact us.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
fun2band said:
I checked my aor again.It does not have a number like 0000-0000.All it has is my EE application number with a E as prefix.

It says the below text also
We created a file for your application. The application number is located in the upper right-hand corner of this letter. You must quote this application number each time you contact us.
Your AOR letter will not have your UCI. UCI is generated only after you submit your application (may be after a day or 2 after submission). You either have to request it OR you would see it on an additional document request/RPRF letter AFAIK. If you want to request your UCI, send an e-mail to cpc-ctd-ottawa@cic.gc.ca OR raise a CSE.

atoyebitolu@yahoo.com

Star Member
Mar 19, 2016
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
23-09-2016
Nomination.....
29-08-2016
AOR Received.
Dec 23 2016
Med's Done....
Upfront medical updated and passed dec 29
LANDED..........
Inland
There are two types of PR application one is online (express entry) and the application number start with E follows by digits,whilst the other type is paper application which its application number start with EP follow by digit.
fun2band said:
Hi

How do i find UCI number for my application.What is Visa file number.Is it the same.

I applied under PNP .Only number i have is Application number in the ack document.It starts with E*****.
I was reading the http://www.visafile.info/how-to-find-your-file-number/ and it says my number should start with EP*****.

morice

Star Member
Oct 26, 2016
Morice
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
15-12-2016
Passport Req..
06-03-2017
Hello,

Just want to share with you... I have received an additional doc request last week (Schedule A).

I have got a message on MyCIC account and a letter in PDF. In the letter there was both my UCI and application number in the following format:
UCI: XX-XXXX-XXXX
Application: E000XXXXXX

Hope it helps.

andy108

VIP Member
Nov 26, 2015
Australia
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
**-09-2017
morice said:
Hello,

Just want to share with you... I have received an additional doc request last week (Schedule A).

I have got a message on MyCIC account and a letter in PDF. In the letter there was both my UCI and application number in the following format:
UCI: XX-XXXX-XXXX
Application: E000XXXXXX

Hope it helps.
Any particular reason why applicants would not upload it upfront? To avoid this request?

morice

Star Member
Oct 26, 2016
Morice
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
15-12-2016
Passport Req..
06-03-2017
andy108 said:
Any particular reason why applicants would not upload it upfront? To avoid this request?
That's quite weird... I have stated ALL information about my addresses, my travel history, my career history... everything...

I don't understand why they have asked me that information again... ::)

vensak

VIP Member
Jul 14, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
morice said:
That's quite weird... I have stated ALL information about my addresses, my travel history, my career history... everything...

I don't understand why they have asked me that information again... ::)
If they need clarification for whatever reason, they will request it. Just take it as additional excercise, but nothing to worry about. Sometimes they ask for Schedule A just for specific time period. (check it in your request). If that is the case, you will be filling it just for that time period, otherwise you will be filling it for whole 10 years starting with the day of ITA.

Ruby31

Star Member
Jul 13, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey guys,

So few days after submitting the requested documents (Sch A and Travel history forms), I just noticed now that my BGC changed from NS to NN.

Please what does this mean and what am I to look out for next?

Thanks and all the best to us all.

vensak

VIP Member
Jul 14, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ruby31 said:
Hey guys,

So few days after submitting the requested documents (Sch A and Travel history forms), I just noticed now that my BGC changed from NS to NN.

Please what does this mean and what am I to look out for next?

Thanks and all the best to us all.
LVO, and if all goes well the last thing they wait for is finishing of BG checks. And then you will go to the PPR queue (no idea how that one is made and if they have like monthly quotas or something).