+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry Application Time Taking Longer than Expected

fomy03

Oct 16, 2017
Hello, I am not sure if I should be worried,

I applied for the Express entry along with my friend, We had the same points and i got my invitation a week earlier than my friend. When we put in all our information, i had to apply without one document as the issuing body of this document would take a long while. One month later i got a notice saying my action required. a week after I got this I was able to obtain the additional information. It has been 3 months after that message and yet no update. My friend has gotten her PR card and I am still waiting for a response. I gave them a call they say to wait that the update takes up to 2 months and they are currently getting reports from Canadian agencies in regards to my case. I was told there would be updates at the end of September but there has been no news even though it is now mid-October. Does it really take this long?

I am trying to be patient but it is worrisome

crescent_jam

Aug 21, 2017
Jamaica
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
14-09-2017
Passport Req..
17-10-2017
VISA ISSUED...
26-10-2017
LANDED..........
19-01-2018
Hello, I am not sure if I should be worried,

I applied for the Express entry along with my friend, We had the same points and i got my invitation a week earlier than my friend. When we put in all our information, i had to apply without one document as the issuing body of this document would take a long while. One month later i got a notice saying my action required. a week after I got this I was able to obtain the additional information. It has been 3 months after that message and yet no update. My friend has gotten her PR card and I am still waiting for a response. I gave them a call they say to wait that the update takes up to 2 months and they are currently getting reports from Canadian agencies in regards to my case. I was told there would be updates at the end of September but there has been no news even though it is now mid-October. Does it really take this long?

I am trying to be patient but it is worrisome
Applications take, on average for 80% of applications, 6 months to be processed starting from the point the application is deemed complete. Since your application was missing a document, the 6 month count didn't start until after they received that last document from you. And keep in mind that only 80% are processed within 6 months; 20% take longer.

How long have you been waiting since you gave them that last document?

fomy03

Oct 16, 2017
Applications take, on average for 80% of applications, 6 months to be processed starting from the point the application is deemed complete. Since your application was missing a document, the 6 month count didn't start until after they received that last document from you. And keep in mind that only 80% are processed within 6 months; 20% take longer.

Oh I see, it has been three months and a few days since it was deemed complete

Yawdbeauty

Nov 8, 2015
Hello

Cic asked me for a supporting doc in November. Are you saying that my six months started from that point? My VO is kingston

crescent_jam

Aug 21, 2017
Jamaica
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
14-09-2017
Passport Req..
17-10-2017
VISA ISSUED...
26-10-2017
LANDED..........
19-01-2018
Hello

Cic asked me for a supporting doc in November. Are you saying that my six months started from that point? My VO is kingston
Supporting documents (additional document requests) are different from required documents. The OP's post seemed to indicate it was a required document (as he was aware it was missing when he submitted his application but implied he didn't have a choice since the issuing body was delayed in providing it). The only way to know when IRCC started processing your application though, and how far along it is, is to order GCSM notes...

Yawdbeauty

Nov 8, 2015
Cool, thanks

Supporting documents (additional document requests) are different from required documents. The OP's post seemed to indicate it was a required document (as he was aware it was missing when he submitted his application but implied he didn't have a choice since the issuing body was delayed in providing it). The only way to know when IRCC started processing your application though, and how far along it is, is to order GCSM notes...

tuce

Star Member
Oct 22, 2017
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Rome
AOR Received.
27-07-2017
Med's Done....
23-08-2017

Hello
And how come i am on 187 days my aor 27 july and no additional doc requested and no ppr till now..single applicant and not a long travel history..
I think it depends on the migration officer and visa office..my visa office is rome and they are just keeping the file there to show that they are working..in fact the file is collecting dust...the most lazy and incompetent visa office..i see other visa offices with a lot of applications give ppr and this one with, lets say, a total of 50 applications in a year give only 30 and keep 20 just for their sake..its not fair or at least they should inform the applicant for the extra time...irrisponsible officers...we have paid and put all out hope and dreams in this application..and thye just dont give a sh**