+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry applicants who received AOR connect here

Righteous

Jun 2, 2015
Singalingali said:
By the way, when are you getting your passport back?
I should get it before the end of the week. I used VFS so they'll update when my Passport is ready for collection.

All the best.

HakikiKanada

Mar 26, 2015
Tukey
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
What do CIC do to your passport. I thought they would send a Permenent Residency Card, instead of a visa printed on home country passport.

dragon17Sky

Feb 27, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-02-2015
Doc's Request.
14-05-2015
AOR Received.
26-02-2015
IELTS Request
14-05-2015
Med's Done....
06-02-2015
srbhrn said:
I got it as a mail today on my personal mail (and not PDF or Letter on mycic) with the subject "E0002XXXX - Ready for Visa - New Delhi"

Plus I have got 30 days for my passport to reach High Commission through VFS. VFS delhi says they would need minimum 10 working days. I hope they are faster than that though.
good to know... thanks saurabh

dragon17Sky

Feb 27, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-02-2015
Doc's Request.
14-05-2015
AOR Received.
26-02-2015
IELTS Request
14-05-2015
Med's Done....
06-02-2015
128 days (roughly 4.5 months) since application submission still waiting ..... ! :'( ???

Hopefulguy

Star Member
Apr 21, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
srbhrn said:
I got it as a mail today on my personal mail (and not PDF or Letter on mycic) with the subject "E0002XXXX - Ready for Visa - New Delhi"

Plus I have got 30 days for my passport to reach High Commission through VFS. VFS delhi says they would need minimum 10 working days. I hope they are faster than that though.
Hey Srbhrn,

Congrats once again.

So since there was no new PDF PPR attachment in the email from Ottawa. Does that mean that we can send our PPR to our local VO when we get PPR from Ottawa? Rather than waiting for 11+ days for them to reply.

Cheers

Hopefulguy

Star Member
Apr 21, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hollaugo said:
Guys sorry this post is coming late. I received PPR on Friday 19th, You guys have been of immense help through the waiting process and I wish everyone the best in their pursuit of this. I submitted the passport on Monday.

My timeline

ITA--- 27th March
Summited Application --- 16th April
First AOR --- 16th April
Second AOR --- 29th May
Schedule A---- June 8th
PPR- June 19th

Thanks guys for alll the information and support.
Congrats Hollaugo

Guess your PPR was treated from Accra Visa Office like Righteous as well.

Please do you mind sharing the dates your Ecas changed to 'in process' and background check changed to 'In progress'

Cheers

hollaugo

Sep 29, 2014
I only noticed that it changed yesterday and background check changed to In Process on the 20th of June, a day after i got PPR

Hopefulguy said:
Congrats Hollaugo

Guess your PPR was treated from Accra Visa Office like Righteous as well.

Please do you mind sharing the dates your Ecas changed to 'in process' and background check changed to 'In progress'

Cheers

fl_pie

Jan 13, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
10-04-2015
I got the email from Ottawa today, too, like test101 and srbrhn (took 8 days in my case). Although the email is sent from Ottawa's email address, it reads as if it's just the standard PPR letter from my country's local VO. It asks me to submit passport/photos/biodata to my local VO in 60 days, via VFS. I also got the same letter as a message in my MyCIC account. I'm very happy the situation is finally resolved, those 8 days were tense.

fl_pie

Jan 13, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
10-04-2015
Hopefulguy said:
Hey Srbhrn,

Congrats once again.

So since there was no new PDF PPR attachment in the email from Ottawa. Does that mean that we can send our PPR to our local VO when we get PPR from Ottawa? Rather than waiting for 11+ days for them to reply.

Cheers
In my opinion, it doesn't. I say so because I tried emailing my local VO regarding the situation. Their answer was to contact Ottawa first, not send my passport to the local VO. You may write your local VO an email, too, if you want, maybe their answer would be different, but I doubt it. And I wouldn't risk simply mailing a document as important as a passport without first making sure that they would accept it.

Hopefulguy

Star Member
Apr 21, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
fl_pie said:
I got the email from Ottawa today, too, like test101 and srbrhn (took 8 days in my case). Although the email is sent from Ottawa's email address, it reads as if it's just the standard PPR letter from my country's local VO. It asks me to submit passport/photos/biodata to my local VO in 60 days, via VFS. I also got the same letter as a message in my MyCIC account. I'm very happy the situation is finally resolved, those 8 days were tense.
Good stuff at least now we have an idea. Guess we also need to send the mail for formalty sake so we can include their response/letter in the package to Local Visa Office.

Or hopefully maybe this would have been corrected before we get ours as they don't wanna be bombarded with emails requesting for VO change.

dragon17Sky

Feb 27, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-02-2015
Doc's Request.
14-05-2015
AOR Received.
26-02-2015
IELTS Request
14-05-2015
Med's Done....
06-02-2015
hollaugo said:
I only noticed that it changed yesterday and background check changed to In Process on the 20th of June, a day after i got PPR
I wish I could get something like that for my application too.

Congrats bro :)

srbhrn

Aug 14, 2014
New Delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-01-2015
IELTS Request
Entered in EE Profile
Hopefulguy said:
Hey Srbhrn,

Congrats once again.

Cheers
Unfortunately not.. the mail asks you to take a print of the mail itself and submit it along with passport. There is a mention of new VO office in it, so you would definitely have to wait.

srbhrn

Aug 14, 2014
New Delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-01-2015
IELTS Request
Entered in EE Profile
fl_pie said:
In my opinion, it doesn't. I say so because I tried emailing my local VO regarding the situation. Their answer was to contact Ottawa first, not send my passport to the local VO. You may write your local VO an email, too, if you want, maybe their answer would be different, but I doubt it. And I wouldn't risk simply mailing a document as important as a passport without first making sure that they would accept it.
good to know that .. so they process it like a batch job .. same time for all 3 ..

a strange thing to note is that while test01 and you have 60 days, I have got 30 days .. not that it matters, but the difference is strange to note..

ayns

Star Member
Dec 14, 2010
Vancouver, BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Manila
App. Filed.......
02-08-2017
Doc's Request.
18-09-2017
AOR Received.
18-09-2017
File Transfer...
06-10-2017
Med's Request
21-09-2017
Med's Done....
29-09-2017
dragon17Sky said:
128 days (roughly 4.5 months) since application submission still waiting ..... ! :'( ???
I hear you.. I'm at 105 days since submission, 62 days since my medical was updated to passed and BG check is in progress. :(

tbcan

Star Member
Apr 2, 2015
ayns said:
I hear you.. I'm at 105 days since submission, 62 days since my medical was updated to passed and BG check is in progress. :(
118 and 61 :-\ - in there with you guys too