+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry applicants who received AOR connect here

husainammar

Star Member
Oct 13, 2014
Dear friends,

Please help me answer a few questions with my PR application for EE

1)For work experience I have 2.5 years of experience but 2 years was as a trainee engineer. Please note that I had graduated from uni and was on the job training where I worked full time with salary. I hope that this experience shouldn't be considered apprenticeship as CIC has particularly asked not to mention any apprenticeship period

2)In Application Profile details under Immigration history and Citizenship, there are two questions
Have I applied to CIC before? (Yes as I applied for PR under previous FSWP before EE)
Have I applied for PR before? (I have answered no although I applied for FSWP last year as it asks for PR file no and I did not get any as my application was returned initially)

3)Under Family Section
1) How much CAD funds that I have to show at least as a single person?
2) What is the definition of relatives? I don't think relatives include 1st cousins according to CIC

I will really appreciate if someone can answer these questions

Thank u,
Regards
Ammar

mapleDream2014

Star Member
Aug 4, 2014
Hi Folks,

First of all congrats to all of you who have received the AOR.

I have 438 points and my NOC is 2173; I am expecting an invitation in the next 15 days or so and hence I am preparing for the documentation. There are a few questions that I have and I would appreciate if any of you could answer the same, since you have received the ITA, the checklist and the AOR too:

1. Is the birth-certificate part of the checklist ? I don't have one. If yes, what should I do- i mean do I apply for a new one or should I make an affidavit ?

2. Is there a specific format for the proof of funds and importantly, for the balance that they ask OVER A PERIOD of 6 months, is that supposed to be shown as a single average figure or do we have to show balance for every month ?

3. I am not getting my employer references on the letter head; would an official email from my manager suffice, or would there be anything else that I might be requiring ?

Thanks in advance. Cheers !

husainammar

Star Member
Oct 13, 2014
Hey everybody,

Can someone please tell how much time it is taking for medical process including getting an appointment after receiving AOR? If someone especially from Canada can inform, that would be great :)

Regards,

Ammar

LOVEUKYLE25

Star Member
Nov 16, 2013
congrats Amit! you are so lucky.. I just want to ask if you received an email that a decision has been made with regards to your application or you just checked your ecas regularly..

amit_gemini0206

Star Member
Feb 27, 2015
LOVEUKYLE25 said:
congrats Amit! you are so lucky.. I just want to ask if you received an email that a decision has been made with regards to your application or you just checked your ecas regularly..
Just checked ecas and after two days i got the passport request mail.

rainman400

Star Member
Jan 7, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mapleDream2014 said:
Hi Folks,

First of all congrats to all of you who have received the AOR.

I have 438 points and my NOC is 2173; I am expecting an invitation in the next 15 days or so and hence I am preparing for the documentation. There are a few questions that I have and I would appreciate if any of you could answer the same, since you have received the ITA, the checklist and the AOR too:

1. Is the birth-certificate part of the checklist ? I don't have one. If yes, what should I do- i mean do I apply for a new one or should I make an affidavit ?

2. Is there a specific format for the proof of funds and importantly, for the balance that they ask OVER A PERIOD of 6 months, is that supposed to be shown as a single average figure or do we have to show balance for every month ?

3. I am not getting my employer references on the letter head; would an official email from my manager suffice, or would there be anything else that I might be requiring ?

Thanks in advance. Cheers !
I recently got the ITA, so I'll reply with what I know:

1)I dont see birth certificate as part of the checklist.
2) It would be super helpful if someone could answer this question, because I do not know myself. I assume it means average balance, but I could be totally wrong.
3) Apparently, if you cannot get the letterhead, then you will need someone with a business card of the organization to vouch for you. You would have to scan the business card along with the letter.

husainammar

Star Member
Oct 13, 2014
Hello Everybody,
I have another question. How to fill up the gaps in Personal history section in PR application.
For example I have a two month gap before starting a job over here in Canada for which time I didn't do anything else.
Similarly a gap before starting employment back home

For the mentioned periods, I wasn't doing any of the five activities mentioned as options in PR application

Regards,
Amma

uozer

Feb 6, 2015
husainammar said:
Hello Everybody,
I have another question. How to fill up the gaps in Personal history section in PR application.
For example I have a two month gap before starting a job over here in Canada for which time I didn't do anything else.
Similarly a gap before starting employment back home

For the mentioned periods, I wasn't doing any of the five activities mentioned as options in PR application

Regards,
Amma
although it goes against the logic, there is no option to say "i wasnt doing anything". the system doesnt let you leave any breaks in the dates.

for instance i was looking for a job after graduation after may and started working in august. the system didnt save saying "dont leave any empty periods". so i had the end the education in july instead of may.

mapleDream2014

Star Member
Aug 4, 2014
rainman400 said:
I recently got the ITA, so I'll reply with what I know:

1)I dont see birth certificate as part of the checklist.
2) It would be super helpful if someone could answer this question, because I do not know myself. I assume it means average balance, but I could be totally wrong.
3) Apparently, if you cannot get the letterhead, then you will need someone with a business card of the organization to vouch for you. You would have to scan the business card along with the letter.
Thanks a lot rainman!! I, too, am urgently looking out for answer for the 2nd question.

curious_123

Jun 19, 2014
Hey Amit

I was trying to login with my UCI in ECAS, unfortunately I could not. What is the best way to login. I submitted my profile on 3rh April. Does it take some time to update in ECAS?

Incan1010

Star Member
Jan 30, 2015
Choose immigration file no option and then enter your application no start with E..... And date of birth, place of birth. That's it you will get it.

amit_gemini0206

Star Member
Feb 27, 2015
curious_123 said:
Hey Amit

I was trying to login with my UCI in ECAS, unfortunately I could not. What is the best way to login. I submitted my profile on 3rh April. Does it take some time to update in ECAS?
Once they'll start processing your application then only you'll be able to see that thru ECAS

jeromeshin

Oct 4, 2014
4th Draw / No AOR / Application/profile status : Open / Review of eligibility : Review in Progress / No changes at all

I summitted application March 11th and still wating AOR.

Application, Profile Status Opened 3days ago.

fl_pie

Jan 13, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
10-04-2015
People who already got AORs, I have a question for you. I got an ITA and I'm getting ready to upload the documents. The translations of my documents are sewn together with photocopies of the original documents. Should I upload the scans of the photocopies? It feels weird to me to include both scans of the originals and scans of the copies of the originals. On the other hand, photocopies and the translation are sewn together into a single document, so not uploading a part of it somehow feels strange, too. What did you do?