Express Entry Applicants from Trinidad & Tobago or with Port of Spain VO

sriamohdtnt

Jul 10, 2017
Hello. I am also from Trinidad. FSW-O
April 6th AOR
Med Passed 6th June
NA 7th June
IP2 15th July

Called CIC and was told my app was approved. Just awaiting PPR.
Hi another Trini here...

Can I ask what number you called them on???? I'm aor April 2nd and have been in bg NA since June 13th! I emailed cpc Ottawa but haven't gotten a response.

Thanks

malican

May 24, 2016
Hi another Trini here...

Can I ask what number you called them on???? I'm aor April 2nd and have been in bg NA since June 13th! I emailed cpc Ottawa but haven't gotten a response.

Thanks
Hi sriamohdtnt, welcome! Both you and navin1988 seem to have very similar timelines. Hopefully you would get PPR soon as well.

@ Navin - Any word on the PPR doc?

Reactions: sriamohdtnt

Navin1988

Star Member
Mar 22, 2017
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
05-04-2017
Hi guys? Unfortunately I am yet to get PPR....:(
BTW. The number to call is 1 613 944 4000. Then use the extensions 11122220 in that exact order.

Reactions: sriamohdtnt

Jamaicangirl88

Feb 23, 2016
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Port of Spain, Trinidad
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
21-01-2017
Hi guys.....the past 2 days have been an emotional roller coaster......

So - I applied for PR along with my common law spouse, and Tuesday FedEx informed us that they don't deliver passports to individuals - we have to come out to the airport for immigration officers to identify us so that the passports can be cleared and released by customs...

So yesterday we headed out to the Fedex office at the airport and explained our situation and we were advised that we would have to wait for some time until a customs officer can attend to us.

The officer took 1 hour to come......he then asked us a few basic questions and started looking through my spouse's passport.
All of a sudden he said he didn't see any visa in his passport.:eek: Only his COPR was sent....:(

I quickly checked mine and my visa stamp and COPR was there - so I thought - maybe because I'm the main applicant they only put the visa in mine.....:confused:

When we got clearance we headed to the car to read what the letter said - it said "your dependents passport will also contain a visa stamp" :eek:
"you will not be able to travel without the visa and the COPR" (not exact words).....:(

I quickly emailed POS and advised them what had happened and they replied a couple hours later that I would have to return his passport and COPR for stamping.....I agreed but I also asked if I would still be liable to pay the courier charges - seeing that this was not a fault of mine....

They responded to stay "Please do not send your spouse's passport today, we will send you instructions tomorrow as to how to proceed":confused:....so last night was a sleepless night wondering what kinda instructions they're planning to send and how long this would delay us.....:(:(

On a brighter note,:D today they arranged for me to send his passport and COPR to the visa office here in Kingston for stamping :D which I sent today and has been delivered by DHL.....

So this is where I am at.....sorry for the epistle.....I will update you when we get his docs back.....

malican

May 24, 2016
Hi guys.....the past 2 days have been an emotional roller coaster......

So - I applied for PR along with my common law spouse, and Tuesday FedEx informed us that they don't deliver passports to individuals - we have to come out to the airport for immigration officers to identify us so that the passports can be cleared and released by customs...

So yesterday we headed out to the Fedex office at the airport and explained our situation and we were advised that we would have to wait for some time until a customs officer can attend to us.

The officer took 1 hour to come......he then asked us a few basic questions and started looking through my spouse's passport.
All of a sudden he said he didn't see any visa in his passport.:eek: Only his COPR was sent....:(

I quickly checked mine and my visa stamp and COPR was there - so I thought - maybe because I'm the main applicant they only put the visa in mine.....:confused:

When we got clearance we headed to the car to read what the letter said - it said "your dependents passport will also contain a visa stamp" :eek:
"you will not be able to travel without the visa and the COPR" (not exact words).....:(

I quickly emailed POS and advised them what had happened and they replied a couple hours later that I would have to return his passport and COPR for stamping.....I agreed but I also asked if I would still be liable to pay the courier charges - seeing that this was not a fault of mine....

They responded to stay "Please do not send your spouse's passport today, we will send you instructions tomorrow as to how to proceed":confused:....so last night was a sleepless night wondering what kinda instructions they're planning to send and how long this would delay us.....:(:(

On a brighter note,:D today they arranged for me to send his passport and COPR to the visa office here in Kingston for stamping :D which I sent today and has been delivered by DHL.....

So this is where I am at.....sorry for the epistle.....I will update you when we get his docs back.....
My goodness, what a time! All wells that ends well... praise god. Definitely sound like a human error and looking forward to hearing the outcome/reason.

Good luck!

Jamaicangirl88

Feb 23, 2016
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Port of Spain, Trinidad
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
21-01-2017
My goodness, what a time! All wells that ends well... praise god. Definitely sound like a human error and looking forward to hearing the outcome/reason.

Good luck!
Today our app was updated to approved and showed both our visa numbers.... but we are still waiting to get his passport back...hopefully on Monday!

Jamaicangirl88

Feb 23, 2016
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Port of Spain, Trinidad
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
21-01-2017
Hi guys!

I collected my spouse's passport today!

It's also his birthday today and so happens that tomorrow is a holiday here so it came at the right time.. we can go celebrate!

Reactions: Rondell33

gregrdyer

Star Member
Oct 1, 2015
Trinidad and Tobago
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
06-12-2016
Hey, I need some advice. There's currently a shortage of foreign currency here in Trinidad and Tobago. How do some of you (in particular out-landers), intend to get money out of TnT?

malican

May 24, 2016
Hey, I need some advice. There's currently a shortage of foreign currency here in Trinidad and Tobago. How do some of you (in particular out-landers), intend to get money out of TnT?
My name is on a waiting list at one of the banks and they call when they have. But I have to go in and collect on the same day in draft form.

Judsywudsy

Star Member
May 13, 2016
Hey @Jamaicangirl88 finally a current Jamaican... even though you have gotten your PPR already.. COngratulations. I am still waiting feverishly... went ti IP2 on July 12/13 and still nothing yet *bawls*