+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry Applicants from Trinidad & Tobago or with Port of Spain VO

Trini.phar

Jul 6, 2017
Yes! It should come soon :) I'll keep checking the thread for your good news!

That's great!!! I'll be looking out for mine then! Congrats!!
Hey malican. Yes, so even though my immigrant visa has an issue date of 12th July (I'm assuming this is the point it was only printed but not attached), the status on myCIC did not change to application approved / background check complete / eligibility passed until the day that they actually returned the passport to me -20th July. So for the past week, while I was panicking, I believe the procedure was already basically completed but they may only change the status online once visa is placed inside passport and delivered.

Congratulations!!! Based on your other post abpve your status would have changed to approved now. Correct? Also did they respond to your email of entering Canada on a TRV while holding a COPR?

Reactions: Jamaicangirl88

malican

May 24, 2016
Yes! It should come soon :) I'll keep checking the thread for your good news!

Hey malican. Yes, so even though my immigrant visa has an issue date of 12th July (I'm assuming this is the point it was only printed but not attached), the status on myCIC did not change to application approved / background check complete / eligibility passed until the day that they actually returned the passport to me -20th July. So for the past week, while I was panicking, I believe the procedure was already basically completed but they may only change the status online once visa is placed inside passport and delivered.
That is what they did to me as well. At least we can now judge how the POS VO closes files from in progress to complete/passed. Any response/advise from them on landing? Very interested as that has also been asked on lots of other threads!

NeeshBents

Mar 15, 2017
Trinidad
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
POS
NOC Code......
Doc's Request.
21-06-2017
AOR Received.
21-04-2017
Med's Done....
28-03-2017
Just updating timeline_ got PPR last pm from POS VO.

Trini.phar

Jul 6, 2017
Nope, no response on re-entering before the PR card is issued. But they did not physically cancel my TRV by stamp or striking through it. I will update you guys later on to let you know how it goes with that issue. Most likely I'll get the PRTD while abroad.

That is what they did to me as well. At least we can now judge how the POS VO closes files from in progress to complete/passed. Any response/advise from them on landing? Very interested as that has also been asked on lots of other threads!

malican

May 24, 2016
Nope, no response on re-entering before the PR card is issued. But they did not physically cancel my TRV by stamp or striking through it. I will update you guys later on to let you know how it goes with that issue. Most likely I'll get the PRTD while abroad.
Great idea and good luck :) Safe travels!

malican

May 24, 2016
Great news!!! POS VO is definitely moving wayyy faster, hats off to them!

gregrdyer

Star Member
Oct 1, 2015
Trinidad and Tobago
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
06-12-2016
Hey

Hey Gregrdyer, nice hearing from you! My AOR was beginning of Jan and by mid Feb it was with POS VO. Just to give you an idea... but things may have slowed down a bit because of the larger draws. Nothing to worry about I am sure. POS VO does not take calls but I would suggest calling CIC and trying your luck as you have a few more months to reach the six month mark.
Thanks malican. I will hold out until the 6month mark before making any calls.

Jamaicangirl88

Feb 23, 2016
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Port of Spain, Trinidad
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
21-01-2017
My Fedex tracker got activated this morning peeps!! Passport is on the way back! Yay!!:D:D:D

Estimated delivery date is tomorrow....I chose priority mail....

Passport Sent to POS: July 10, 2017
Passport Delivered: July 13, 2017
Passport Sent back by POS: July 24, 2017
Estimated Delivery Date: July 25, 2017

Last edited:

OntarioExpress

Star Member
Dec 7, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My Fedex tracker got activated this morning peeps!! Passport is on the way back! Yay!!:D:D:D

Estimated delivery date is tomorrow....I chose priority mail....

Passport Sent to POS: July 10, 2017
Passport Delivered: July 13, 2017
Passport Sent back by POS: July 24, 2017
Estimated Delivery Date: July 25, 2017
That's good to hear. Congrats again.

Reactions: Jamaicangirl88

MarcAnthony

Star Member
Dec 20, 2015
hey @Jamaicangirl88

My AOR is March 18th and I'm currently at background check "NA" after IP1 along with medicals passed. From the forums I realize that inland applicants are experiencing pretty long processing times, hopefully I get some positive feedback soon lol

Jamaicangirl88

Feb 23, 2016
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Port of Spain, Trinidad
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
21-01-2017
hey @Jamaicangirl88

My AOR is March 18th and I'm currently at background check "NA" after IP1 along with medicals passed. From the forums I realize that inland applicants are experiencing pretty long processing times, hopefully I get some positive feedback soon lol
Yea....unfortunately PNP Inlands are the last group in each month to be processed....From what I'm seeing, the January 2017 PNP inlands are getting PPR now......

What is your local visa office? Ottawa?

Last edited: