+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express entry adding spouse

Dolly_102

Apr 18, 2024
Hi I already posted this in familyclass sponsorship forum but suggested to post here.. here’s my situation..

I've been living in shared accommodation with friends since my university days in Canada, starting in 2019. Among them, one of the guys expressed his feelings for me and proposed in April 2023. I also had feelings for him, and we began living together since then. My application for permanent residency (PR) has been in the pool since 2022, and I received my Invitation to Apply (ITA) in October. Although we were in a relationship, I couldn't include him in my application as a common-law partner because we hadn't lived together for more than a year when I submitted my application, and we don't have any shared accounts or other proof. I submitted my documents in December. We recently got married in February 2024, with a few friends present, and I submitted this update to my profile through a webform. I'm uncertain about how the IRCC officer will assess this situation and what additional documents we might need to provide. Can anyone offer guidance?