+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry, a Slight of Hope?

Hope1982

Jun 22, 2014
Dear fellows,

I know it is still little bit too early for us to give any judgement on 'Express Entry' before its legal explanation is fully published.

Me, myself, is among those fellows who just started working in Canada after post-secondary education and will be definitely affected by 'Express Entry' in 2015.

I think, no matter what may happen, having a job is always a positive factor. I believe anyone who pays attention to 'Express Entry' has already read through some related articles

Under the 'Quick Facts' of the CIC's released news on April 8, 2014, there is a sentence stating that 'Having a valid job offer or provincial/territorial nomination will guarantee Express Entry candidates an invitation to apply for permanent residence.'

Please correct me if I am wrong.

To me, this sentence quoted above sounds like CIC is talking to those candidates outside Canada. It IMPLIES that canadates who are already in Canada and have one-year working experience would be automatically pulled into the candidates' pool and be given inviations to apply for PR.

Thoughts?

By the way, personlly, I don't think letting employers play a key role in 'Express Entry' is a feature of a fair, just and open system of accepting new immigrants. How come it is fair that a group of people's future and fate is subject to another group's subjective evaluation?!

Well...for now let's just be patient...

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
Hope1982 said:
Under the 'Quick Facts' of the CIC's released news on April 8, 2014, there is a sentence stating that 'Having a valid job offer or provincial/territorial nomination will guarantee Express Entry candidates an invitation to apply for permanent residence.'

To me, this sentence quoted above sounds like CIC is talking to those candidates outside Canada. It IMPLIES that canadates who are already in Canada and have one-year working experience would be automatically pulled into the candidates' pool and be given inviations to apply for PR.

Thoughts?
Obviously those who are already in Canada will have an advantage, but I disagree that it IMPLIES that those in Canada will be automatically invited, you still need the valid job offer, and it's hard to say what other "strings" will be attached (e.g. offer must still be valid at time of approval/landing - if you've been laid off by then, bye-bye...) In the past, they have also focused on "permanent job offers," and many of us are on term contracts, so you'll just have to wait and see...

Hope1957

Feb 26, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-06-2014
LANDED..........
21-03-15
I am quite certain that a valid job offer will have the same terms and conditions as it does for the Federal Skilled Worker Program - Arranged employment stream, which means have some kind of labour market assessment done for a job offer. For more information on valid job offers for the current Federal Skilled Worker Program please check out www.cic.gc.ca.

Hope1982

Jun 22, 2014
jes_ON said:
Obviously those who are already in Canada will have an advantage, but I disagree that it IMPLIES that those in Canada will be automatically invited, you still need the valid job offer, and it's hard to say what other "strings" will be attached (e.g. offer must still be valid at time of approval/landing - if you've been laid off by then, bye-bye...) In the past, they have also focused on "permanent job offers," and many of us are on term contracts, so you'll just have to wait and see...
Yep, I agree. For sure, no matter what happens, you do need a valid job offer. That is the prerequisite.

A bunch of friends of mine and I already have valid job offers. Me, myself started working in May 2014 and my positions is categorized in NOC B.

Pretty sure that there are many fellows like me and waiting for an thorough explanation of EE.

aneelkanth

Star Member
Jul 2, 2013
Toronto
Hope1982 said:
Yep, I agree. For sure, no matter what happens, you do need a valid job offer. That is the prerequisite.

A bunch of friends of mine and I already have valid job offers. Me, myself started working in May 2014 and my positions is categorized in NOC B.

Pretty sure that there are many fellows like me and waiting for an thorough explanation of EE.
Yup
Count me in. I am NOC B from May 2014 as well.

fpaikar

Jul 15, 2013
Does it mean that valid job offer should be only permanent ones.Do the contract 2 year term jobs come under arranged employment.Since our employer will be ready to extend the visa for another two years but again on contractual basis.

Goku

VIP Member
Jan 13, 2014
Category........
In January 2015, Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) will launch a new electronic system called Express Entry to manage applications for permanent residence in certain economic programs. Canada needs high levels of immigration to meet current and future labour market needs, which will ensure our economic growth and long-term prosperity.

Express Entry will allow us to actively recruit, assess and select skilled immigrants under the following federal economic immigration programs:

the Federal Skilled Worker Program,
the Federal Skilled Trades Program, and
the Canadian Experience Class.
Provinces and territories will also be able to recruit candidates from the Express Entry system for a portion of the Provincial Nominee Programs to meet local labour market needs. Under this new system, employers will also have a key role in selecting economic immigrants. Employers will access candidates through Canada's new and improved Job Bank and through provinces and territories where applicable.

The Express Entry system involves two steps:

Step 1) Potential candidates complete an online Express Entry profile

Potential candidates will complete an online Express Entry profile where they will provide information about their skills, work experience, language ability, education, and other details. Those who meet the criteria of one of the federal economic immigration programs subject to Express Entry will be placed in a pool of candidates.

Candidates will be ranked against others in the pool. Only the highest-ranked candidates (those deemed to have the best chances for economic success), and those with qualifying offers of arranged employment or provincial/territorial nominations, will be invited to apply for permanent residence.

If a candidate does not already have a valid job offer from a Canadian employer or a provincial/territorial nomination, he or she must register with the Government of Canada's Job Bank which will connect him or her with eligible Canadian employers.

Where applicable, employers will be required to obtain a Labour Market Impact Assessment from Employment and Social Development Canada. There will be no fee for Labour Market Impact Assessments for permanent residence applications under the Express Entry system.

Completing an online Express Entry profile does not guarantee that a candidate will receive an Invitation to Apply for permanent residence.

Step 2) Citizenship and Immigration Canada will invite certain candidates to apply for permanent residence and process their electronic applications within six months.

Candidates will receive an Invitation to Apply for permanent residence if they rank among the top in the pool, based on their skills and experience. Candidates who have a valid job offer from a Canadian employer (subject to the Labour Market Impact Assessment process in place at that time) or have been nominated by a province or territory will be given high scores in the ranking system.

Candidates will have 60 days to submit an electronic application for permanent residence through one of the following programs:

Federal Skilled Worker Program (FSWP);
Federal Skilled Trades Program (FSTP);
Canadian Experience Class (CEC); or,
A portion of the Provincial Nominee Program (PNP)
Citizenship and Immigration Canada will process the majority of complete applications (i.e. applications including all the necessary supporting documents) within six months or less.

Candidates in the Express Entry pool who do not receive an Invitation to Apply for permanent residence after 12 months may resubmit their profile and re-enter the pool if they still meet the criteria. This provision will prevent backlogs and ensure quick processing times.

Express Entry will result in faster and more efficient service to potential skilled immigrants. It will also allow the Government of Canada to be more flexible and responsive to Canada's changing economic conditions and priorities.

Below is the link for information provided above:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/publications/employers/express-entry-presentation.asp

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/express/express-entry.asp

srihari ram

Star Member
Nov 3, 2013
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
CIO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-08-2014
AOR Received.
09-01-2015
IELTS Request
Sent With Application
Med's Done....
04-08-2016(Upfront)
Passport Req..
14-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
19-04-2016
LANDED..........
29-04-2016
valid job offer is for how long?

aneelkanth

Star Member
Jul 2, 2013
Toronto
Yes its clearly stated. To apply for CEC in EE one must have a full time JOB OFFER. NOT a JOB CONTRACT.

If thats the case then it shouldnt be an issue for CEC candidates who already have permanent job offers and are working in Canada.

fpaikar

Jul 15, 2013
But mostly people in Research and science and technology have permanant jobs though the two year contract jobs are full time and under present cec to get a pr was no issue at all.

sjulien

Champion Member
Jan 8, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-04-2014
AOR Received.
03-06-2014
Med's Request
19-11-2014
Med's Done....
20-11-2014
Passport Req..
08-04-2015
VISA ISSUED...
13-04-2015
LANDED..........
23-04-2015
What about closed work permit people who got temporary assignment in Canada?

aneelkanth said:
Yes its clearly stated. To apply for CEC in EE one must have a full time JOB OFFER. NOT a JOB CONTRACT.

If thats the case then it shouldnt be an issue for CEC candidates who already have permanent job offers and are working in Canada.

alijumani

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2011
Toronto
Category........
CEC
LANDED..........
09-08-2015
sjulien said:
What about closed work permit people who got temporary assignment in Canada?
Lets just focus what options we have right now rather than pulling our own hairs shall we. One should not get overwhelmed, the more you try to dig the more you get confused :)

fpaikar

Jul 15, 2013
I am sure there will be provisions for people with contractual job offers .In the current system there is no problem to apply under cec and in future as well there will be provsions as most of the skilled workers will gain enough points on candian work expreince and education .

fpaikar

Jul 15, 2013
Right many people with closed work permits or on full time contracts with definitely have some provisions.