IELTS Request
n/a
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
6-12-2012
This if about PR rules changing in 2015.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/publications/employers/express-entry-presentation.asp

sidhu_anwar

Jun 27, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ooh interesting. Thanks for sharing. It's a lot like Australian PR system right? Just a quick question, will securing a permanent job make the whole process faster?

mead

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-2012
Doc's Request.
28-11-2012
IELTS Request
n/a
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
6-12-2012
sidhu_anwar said:
Ooh interesting. Thanks for sharing. It's a lot like Australian PR system right? Just a quick question, will securing a permanent job make the whole process faster?
no idea about australian system....I dont know how the priority list would be meaning what priority will be given to canadian education what will be the priority for jobs ......very unclear about where we will stand.......I am not sure but seems like u first will have to qualify for any of the PR programs like CEC PNP etc and then u have to wait in line to apply....or it is u wait in line when ur number comes up u should qualify for one of the PNP's .....so lets say u qualify for PNP now like 6 months experience/job offer but u wont be able to apply till ur number comes up in express entry. very bad for 1 year program people

mead

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-2012
Doc's Request.
28-11-2012
IELTS Request
n/a
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
6-12-2012
Karthik90 said:
I just saw this..so it means..its tough to get PR right?
no idea it will be easy for some depending on which occupation gets priority .....and difficult for some whose occupation is on low priority....thats what i get from the explanation they have given... we will just have to wait and see which occupations get priority and if we get lucky

sidhu_anwar

Jun 27, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yeah it's still confusing a bit. Australia has this kind of system, they give points for factors like IELTS, age, qualifications, experience etc. if you are able to collect a specific score, they ask you to apply ( they call it letter of interest I think )
It seems like they'll collect all these applications and if they find someone eligible for any program like PNP, they'll automatically process that application accordingly. It's gonna be lot more responsibility for CIC. They'll have to protect this whole technical infrastructure efficiently. Let's see if they're able to succeed. More and more clarification will be coming in next 1-2 months.
On a side note, mead are you an international student in Canada? ( just curios )

mead

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-2012
Doc's Request.
28-11-2012
IELTS Request
n/a
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
6-12-2012
sidhu_anwar said:
Yeah it's still confusing a bit. Australia has this kind of system, they give points for factors like IELTS, age, qualifications, experience etc. if you are able to collect a specific score, they ask you to apply ( they call it letter of interest I think )
It seems like they'll collect all these applications and if they find someone eligible for any program like PNP, they'll automatically process that application accordingly. It's gonna be lot more responsibility for CIC. They'll have to protect this whole technical infrastructure efficiently. Let's see if they're able to succeed. More and more clarification will be coming in next 1-2 months.
On a side note, mead are you an international student in Canada? ( just curios )
yes i am

sidhu_anwar

Jun 27, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mead said:
Wow I had an impression in my mind that you were some old-ish guy from India who went to Canada and then settled in USA . Strange. ^_^

mead

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-2012
Doc's Request.
28-11-2012
IELTS Request
n/a
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
6-12-2012
sidhu_anwar said:
Wow I had an impression in my mind that you were some old-ish guy from India who went to Canada and then settled in USA . Strange. ^_^
well i am an oldish guy ...was in US for a whole lot of time and then moved to canada for education

rdmedranoo

Star Member
Aug 4, 2014
mead said:
no idea it will be easy for some depending on which occupation gets priority .....and difficult for some whose occupation is on low priority....thats what i get from the explanation they have given... we will just have to wait and see which occupations get priority and if we get lucky
Hello mead,

I am planning to go to Canada for a 1 year program at Queen's School of Business, how this new express entry will affect me? I know that for a 1 year programs I will get a 1 year PGWP, or this is going to change in 2015?

What will happen if once my 1 year program is finnished, I enroll in a new 1 or 2 year program, or a Phd program, obviously this will extendi my study permit, but if I work during that time, that will make me eligible for a 3 year PGWP, and that will make a 4 year Canadian Experience, will that make me eligible for the new express entry program?

After reading this post and the link you sent, I have alot of doubts if it is now a good idea to move to Canada to study and then to apply for PR :(

mead

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-2012
Doc's Request.
28-11-2012
IELTS Request
n/a
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
6-12-2012
rdmedranoo said:
Hello mead,

I am planning to go to Canada for a 1 year program at Queen's School of Business, how this new express entry will affect me? I know that for a 1 year programs I will get a 1 year PGWP, or this is going to change in 2015?

What will happen if once my 1 year program is finnished, I enroll in a new 1 or 2 year program, or a Phd program, obviously this will extendi my study permit, but if I work during that time, that will make me eligible for a 3 year PGWP, and that will make a 4 year Canadian Experience, will that make me eligible for the new express entry program?

After reading this post and the link you sent, I have alot of doubts if it is now a good idea to move to Canada to study and then to apply for PR :(
no one knows how express entry would affect people....we will know once it launches which programs r in demand.....I am not sure but my guess is everyone is eligible for express entry which is a just a queue system and u have to qualify for CEC or PNP programs . so once ur number comes up and ur qualified for any PR program like CEC P or PNP etc u will be able to apply for PR. u should read the link provided for better understanding....we wont know how long the queue will be and which professions would be in demand/priority until the system launches....

rdmedranoo

Star Member
Aug 4, 2014
mead said:
no one knows how express entry would affect people....we will know once it launches which programs r in demand.....I am not sure but my guess is everyone is eligible for express entry which is a just a queue system and u have to qualify for CEC or PNP programs . so once ur number comes up and ur qualified for any PR program like CEC P or PNP etc u will be able to apply for PR. u should read the link provided for better understanding....we wont know how long the queue will be and which professions would be in demand/priority until the system launches....
I see, the information in the links says that it might be 6 months or less for getting the final answer in any case.

Well I guess we all have to wait until January and see how this affect each one of us.

Best regards,

mead

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-2012
Doc's Request.
28-11-2012
IELTS Request
n/a
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
6-12-2012
rdmedranoo said:
I see, the information in the links says that it might be 6 months or less for getting the final answer in any case.

Well I guess we all have to wait until January and see how this affect each one of us.

Best regards,
less than 6 months to get PR once u apply but to be eligible to apply for PR would take who knows how much time ..so if ur taking 1 year program ur further at risk depending on ur program as well as ur profession.

rdmedranoo

Star Member
Aug 4, 2014
mead said:
less than 6 months to get PR once u apply but to be eligible to apply for PR would take who knows how much time ..so if ur taking 1 year program ur further at risk depending on ur program as well as ur profession.
I will be taking a Msc in Management and then not sure if some master in technology area or a Phd in business too

I'm kind of worry about if everything will be working at the end for getting a PR

mead

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-2012
Doc's Request.
28-11-2012
IELTS Request
n/a
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
6-12-2012
rdmedranoo said:
I will be taking a Msc in Management and then not sure if some master in technology area or a Phd in business too

I'm kind of worry about if everything will be working at the end for getting a PR
without knowing what profession or education etc gets priority everybody is in the same boat. Dont know how this will impact us all.....