rohan85

Jun 23, 2012
Toronto
I do not see their Application page being updated:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/apply-how.asp

It still gives guidelines of 2013.

dasrashmidas

May 3, 2014
I attended one seminar from www.skillsinternational.com. They say there is no point based system, no funds proof to submit etc. etc as part of Express Entry program. Under Express Entry you will not be eligible for a visa UNLESS you have a job offer confirmed. What the host said is once you receive your offer letter from Canadian employer, we submit that to the Canadian Consulate in Delhi and they will automatically assign a permanent residency visa to you – which is the only visa available under the Express Entry program. They look to match you to a job, They will also begin to fill out the visa paperwork BUT IT WILL NOT be submitted to the Canadian Consulate until you have a job offer in hand. If the above statements are really true , then it sounds great and an excellent idea , rather processing under existing FWSP program (where first visa nd then travel to Canada to search a suitable job for urself, which is a hectic task for an individual level).

rb107f

May 31, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-06-2014
dasrashmidas said:
I attended one seminar from www.skillsinternational.com. They say there is no point based system, no funds proof to submit etc. etc as part of Express Entry program. Under Express Entry you will not be eligible for a visa UNLESS you have a job offer confirmed. What the host said is once you receive your offer letter from Canadian employer, we submit that to the Canadian Consulate in Delhi and they will automatically assign a permanent residency visa to you – which is the only visa available under the Express Entry program. They look to match you to a job, They will also begin to fill out the visa paperwork BUT IT WILL NOT be submitted to the Canadian Consulate until you have a job offer in hand. If the above statements are really true , then it sounds great and an excellent idea , rather processing under existing FWSP program (where first visa nd then travel to Canada to search a suitable job for urself, which is a hectic task for an individual level).
Express entry is similar to what is currently doing in Australia and New Zealand immigration process, the higher the points you have the bigger of chances you can be invited to apply...

namaste

Champion Member
Jan 5, 2013
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-06-2014
Nomination.....
15-10-2014 (PER)
Med's Request
25-11-2014
Med's Done....
10-12-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
06-02-2015
VISA ISSUED...
21-02-2015
LANDED..........
16-05-2015
rb107f said:
Express entry is similar to what is currently doing in Australia and New Zealand immigration process, the higher the points you have the bigger of chances you can be invited to apply...
Actually, how CIC is going to rank the interested applicants for invitation has not been disclosed yet. It could be on points basis like in Australia. There was a recent news article on express entry, and from the sounds of it, it appeared very different from that of Australia. There likely would be a very high emphasis on a LMO-approved job offer or a nomination from a province. But what happens to rest of the candidates is an open question for now. Hopefully CIC knows the answer (considering even the interested politicians do not seem to know the full details till date).

rb107f

May 31, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-06-2014
namaste said:
Actually, how CIC is going to rank the interested applicants for invitation has not been disclosed yet. It could be on points basis like in Australia. There was a recent news article on express entry, and from the sounds of it, it appeared very different from that of Australia. There likely would be a very high emphasis on a LMO-approved job offer or a nomination from a province. But what happens to rest of the candidates is an open question for now. Hopefully CIC knows the answer (considering even the interested politicians do not seem to know the full details till date).
I agree with your point, let's see what it goes but I'm hoping for the FSW2014 application to be positive and be granted a visa. :) :)

Jpcv19

Mar 13, 2014
Philippines
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

Regarding this matter, does this express entry require proof of funds?
And another thing is that it requires job offer from an employer is this right?

yaseenfarooq

Jun 14, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
zardoz said:
We have received the "otherwise indicated" with the announcement of "Express Entry" on 8th April...

This assumes of course, that "EE" isn't going to run in parallel with "FSWP", instead of being the replacement that everyone is expecting...
I have studied on cic web and other sources and also understood the same thing "EE isn't going to run parallel" but there is a different scope for provincial nomination for being parallel.

yaseenfarooq

Jun 14, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Sternchen30890 said:
I dont think so. I am pretty sure there will be a point system. What Canadian employer would wait for 6 month until you get a visa.and even if you have the visa you need a couple more month to arrive in Canada. There has to be a possibility to be selected without a job offer. Or do they offer bridge visas so you can be in Canada to start your job lets say in 3 month?
if you get a lot of points, especiall for canadian work experience you can be nominated. I hope so
Currently an applicant have to wait more or less 3 years to get a visa (with a valid job offer from canada and processing center at singapore); if they can wait 3 years now, then why six months would be a problem?

richardrn

Star Member
Oct 10, 2013
I'm very much interested with EE 2015. It's much simpler than the other programs. Another is that we don't need to pay for consultancy firm just to lodge an application. We just have to wait for the detailed information from the cic. I hope it will be out way ahead of jan 2015. There should be a definite guidelines On this.

yaseenfarooq

Jun 14, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
dasrashmidas said:
According to CIC website, so far i understood
1. there will be highest priority for the applicants with job offer

2. Second priority for the provincial nominated applicants
3. all other applicants will be issued visa according to their skill, highest skilled will have more chance for getting offer for visa than others; first come first served will not continued

Aug 18, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Recvd: 08.21.2014
Nomination.....
PER: 12.12.2014
AOR Received.
Processing started 2nd line update: 03.10.2015
Med's Request
Med's Done....
04.08.2015 3rd line update: 04.15.2015
Interview........
Waived DM on ECAS: 05.14.2015
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
yaseenfarooq said:
According to CIC website, so far i understood
1. there will be highest priority for the applicants with job offer

2. Second priority for the provincial nominated applicants
3. all other applicants will be issued visa according to their skill, highest skilled will have more chance for getting offer for visa than others; first come first served will not continued
dear mates...
CIC stated that in Jan 15 they are lunching Express entry... but they have not state any formal information regarding it how visa will be granted and all this procedure in between...
we can just assume..
my assumption is Express entry will be like of EOI in Aus n NZ system for immigration...
more points u claim more chances for visa and by which factor we can claim point will be released when Express entry will lunch

richardrn

Star Member
Oct 10, 2013
My presumption is this: the selection is in the hands of the employer. We have to sell ourselves and we can steal the spot from those who have higher points than us. What we have to do is to impress them and make our file known to them.

yaseenfarooq

Jun 14, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
0311 said:
dear mates...
CIC stated that in Jan 15 they are lunching Express entry... but they have not state any formal information regarding it how visa will be granted and all this procedure in between...
we can just assume..
my assumption is Express entry will be like of EOI in Aus n NZ system for immigration...
more points u claim more chances for visa and by which factor we can claim point will be released when Express entry will lunch
The process i stated is not assumption bro; just follow the link where they have given some information about prioritise the candidates (EE not only for candidates with job offer)and this is clear as you stated-they have designed the system which is very much similar to AUS & NZ.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/express/express-entry.asp

farhaantariq

May 12, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I have attended a seminar of immigration lawyers in Dubai, they mentioned that though the fswp will be in effect till april 2015, but all the new apps from January 2015 will automatically fall under express entry program. this means that all those applying under fswp after January will end in epress entry automatically? it means un-officially they will close fswp from January 2015 when express entry will launch?

they also said that Canadian govt no where mentioned that they will run both programs in parallel, this is a hint that they gona end fswp by dec 31, 2014.

still these are assumptions but stronger one, we still have to wait and see in January 2015. but all those who wana apply I would recommend them to apply before end of this year to be on the safe side of fswp.

good luck

Aug 18, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Recvd: 08.21.2014
Nomination.....
PER: 12.12.2014
AOR Received.
Processing started 2nd line update: 03.10.2015
Med's Request
Med's Done....
04.08.2015 3rd line update: 04.15.2015
Interview........
Waived DM on ECAS: 05.14.2015
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
yaseenfarooq said:
The process i stated is not assumption bro; just follow the link where they have given some information about prioritise the candidates (EE not only for candidates with job offer)and this is clear as you stated-they have designed the system which is very much similar to AUS & NZ.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/express/express-entry.asp
i mean for the point system and its passmark :p :p :p :p