+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry 2015 Preparation Join Here !!!

wad143

Nov 16, 2014
Hi All,

My application is in Express Entry Pool since long with 363 points. I am really feeling very disappointed now as I don't think there is any chance of getting ITA. I need guidance on below two things to improve my score:

PNP : Can I apply to any PNP program from outside Canada without Job Offer and without canadian work ex and Education?
Job Offer : I am currently in USA and tried a lot to get through jobs in canada but same reply from everywhere "We are looking for either PR holders or citizens". I am in software development , please guide how to get through jobs in canada.

Also, any job consultants who can help or Any immigration consultant who can help in PNP. Please suggest..

Thanks in advance...

tbaba

Champion Member
Nov 10, 2014
Nigeria
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07/11/2014
Nomination.....
PER 12/03/2015
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
01-04-2015
Med's Request
24-07-2015
Med's Done....
27-07-2015
Interview........
Telephone interview on 25/02/2016
Passport Req..
29-02-2016
VISA ISSUED...
21-03-2016
LANDED..........
28-05-2016
balag said:
Hi,
The following are my details and wanted to know about my eligibility for Canada PR processing..

Born in March-1974 - 6 points
Qualification - Degree - 21 points
Total work experinece - 16 yrs - 15 points
Appearing for IELTS in Nov - If i get 6 points for each of the topic (listening,writing,speaking and reading)
Spouse also appearing for IELTS - 5 points (under adaptablity)
and having 2 kids..

By looking/considering the above points, could some one suggest me whether iam eligible to apply for PR or not?
Also wanted to know how the conversion takes place from old point system to new (out of 1200) points.
Looking for early reply and I would be thankful..

Bala
you need to aim for 8.5 for your IELTS. If you can also score 8.5 in listening you stand a good chance

wad143

Nov 16, 2014
Hi All,

My application is in Express Entry Pool since long with 363 points. I am really feeling very disappointed now as I don't think there is any chance of getting ITA. I need guidance on below two things to improve my score:

PNP : Can I apply to any PNP program from outside Canada without Job Offer and without canadian work ex and Education?
Job Offer : I am currently in USA and tried a lot to get through jobs in canada but same reply from everywhere "We are looking for either PR holders or citizens". I am in software development , please guide how to get through jobs in canada.

Also, any job consultants who can help or Any immigration consultant who can help in PNP. Please suggest..

Thanks in advance...

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
wad143 said:
Hi All,

Thanks in advance...
Finding an employer who is ready to give you a job offer with a positive LMIA is a long shot. You can definitely try for PNP. Certain provinces do not require neither job offer nor Canadian work experience/education. Nova Scotia, Saskatchewan, Prince Edward Island and New Brunswick are those provinces. You can visit their website to find out the application process.

Good luck!

wifiwifey

Star Member
Jul 13, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-11-2015
Doc's Request.
22-03-2016
AOR Received.
04-11-2015
Med's Done....
27-10-2015
Passport Req..
04-05-2016
Hello Everyone,

I need some help on a urgent basis as I am unable to fill out my Express entry profile. I have faced the following issues when completing the profile-

1. Education History: I have a BSc Hons in Applied Accounting & ACCA membership. I have studied both in Bangladesh but the qualifications are from United Kingdom (certificates are issued from United Kingdom). So which country should I choose for "Country of Study" in the express entry form?

2. 1112 Financial and investment analysts- This employment requirements of this NOC states that a Bachelor degree is required. But I actually performed the duties in this NOC before completing the Bachelor degree? Can I include this experience in my profile?

3. Work Experience: I started working before completing my graduation (while studying ACCA and BSc Hons in Applied Accounting). I am not sure which experiences can I input in the express entry form? Below is my timeline consisting of education and work experiences.

Education-
2007- Completed O-levels
2009- Completed A-levels
2010- Started Graduation (BSc Hons) and a Professional qualification (ACCA)
2014- Completed both Graduation and ACCA

Work Experiences-
Dec 2011 to Nov 2012: Worked as an Accounts Assistant working 40 hours as a salaried employee
Jan 2013 to Aug 2014: Worked as a Financial Analyst working 44 hours as a salaried employee
Sept 2014 to Present: Working as an Analyst for 44 hours as a salaried employee

4. I want to take my spouse with me to Canada, will she be able to work full time as well?

5. Is there any complications if we both create separate Express Entry profiles, meaning I will create a profile having her as my spouse and the vice versa?

Thanks alot in advance for helping me out!

Alifur

shahraza87

Star Member
May 28, 2014
Please anyone help me here I am a bit confuse about the new EE system they've launched.
My details are as follows. Please can anybody assess my credentials, I am from Pakistan.

Education: BS Textile Technology (4 Years Degree) from Indus University, Karachi completed in Dec 2008. (not yet send for assessment to ECA)

Experience: 1 year in Textile and 3 years in Marketing and sales.

Ielts: not given yet just assume CLB 7 here.

Adaptability: have a sister in Canada and also a Canadian.

My Spouse credentials:

Education: MSc Mathematics from Karachi University in Dec 2012

Ielts: not given yet.

I have one boy he is 1.5 years old.

Please can any body assess me am I eligible for EE or not and how much points do I get.

Thanks

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
shahraza87 said:
Please anyone help me here I am a bit confuse about the new EE system they've launched.
My details are as follows. Please can anybody assess my credentials, I am from Pakistan.

Education: BS Textile Technology (4 Years Degree) from Indus University, Karachi completed in Dec 2008. (not yet send for assessment to ECA)

Experience: 1 year in Textile and 3 years in Marketing and sales.

Ielts: not given yet just assume CLB 7 here.

Adaptability: have a sister in Canada and also a Canadian.

My Spouse credentials:

Education: MSc Mathematics from Karachi University in Dec 2012

Ielts: not given yet.

I have one boy he is 1.5 years old.

Please can any body assess me am I eligible for EE or not and how much points do I get.

Thanks
I would like to highlight a few points here.

1) Learn about how EE works. Start here :

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/express-entry-step-by-step-instructions-t273928.0.html;msg4108507#msg4108507

OR

https://rajtocanada.wordpress.com/2015/09/22/express-entry-in-a-nutshell/

2) From the information you have given, if you are eligible, you will apply under FSWP program. Please check if you are eligible under FSWP here. You must score at least 67/100 to be eligible. Check your eligibility here --> http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/apply-factors.asp

3) Check if you eligible for EE here --> http://www.cic.gc.ca/ctc-vac/ee-start.asp

4) For checking your CRS, please use this tool --> http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/crs-tool.asp

If you need anything else, feel free to ask. Good luck!

SarinRees

Sep 29, 2015
Hello,
I am considering immigration to Canada under the Express Entry Federal Skilled Worker program, but I have a few queries I would like some assistance with. Kindly help me with the following. Your response is greatly appreciated.

1) I am the principal applicant (with spouse) for the Express Entry FSW program, and I intend to take my wife along with me if ‘invited to apply’ for PR. I understand that I would get a PR visa if my application for PR is approved, but will my wife also get a PR visa when we immigrate? What will be her visa status and is she allowed to work in Canada under that visa?

2) Is there a minimum period within which I should find employment in Canada, when we immigrate under the Express Entry FSW program?

Thank you

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
SarinRees said:
Hello,
I am considering immigration to Canada under the Express Entry Federal Skilled Worker program, but I have a few queries I would like some assistance with. Kindly help me with the following. Your response is greatly appreciated.

1) I am the principal applicant (with spouse) for the Express Entry FSW program, and I intend to take my wife along with me if ‘invited to apply' for PR. I understand that I would get a PR visa if my application for PR is approved, but will my wife also get a PR visa when we immigrate? What will be her visa status and is she allowed to work in Canada under that visa?

2) Is there a minimum period within which I should find employment in Canada, when we immigrate under the Express Entry FSW program?

Thank you
1) If you include your spouse in the application and mention that she will be accompanying you to Canada, once your application is processed, both of you will receive a PR visa. Both of you can land there as Permanent Residents.

2) There is no such thing! Once you are in Canada, you are a PR and you can search jobs/start a business if you want to. There is no minimum period within which you have to find a job.

Good luck!

SarinRees

Sep 29, 2015
rajkamalmohanram said:
1) If you include your spouse in the application and mention that she will be accompanying you to Canada, once your application is processed, both of you will receive a PR visa. Both of you can land there as Permanent Residents.

2) There is no such thing! Once you are in Canada, you are a PR and you can search jobs/start a business if you want to. There is no minimum period within which you have to find a job.

Good luck!
Thank you so much for your quick response. The first question was what was holding me back from creating a profile and applying for immigration. I guess I'll go ahead and do it now. My CRS score is just above 470, so I think I stand a fair with this score.

I have a couple more questions that are comparitively less important but I'd be really grateful if you could assist me with them as well.

- Regarding the Educational Credential Assessment (ECA), I understand that I need to get both mine as well as my wife's qualifications assessed in order to get points for both under my express entry profile, but do I need to get the ECA for both done together, as part of one assessment? Or should I get two separate assessments, one for myself and one for her. If so, how do I report two ECA reference numbers in my Express Entry application?

- On the CIC website, it is mentioned that I would need to show C$14,853 as proof of funds, if travelling with one family member (spouse). Do I need to maintain this amount in my bank account for a minimum period of time? Or do I need to have this amount with me only at the time of entering Canada?

Thanks in advance. Keep up the good work in sharing your knowledge.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
SarinRees said:
Thank you so much for your quick response. The first question was what was holding me back from creating a profile and applying for immigration. I guess I'll go ahead and do it now. My CRS score is just above 470, so I think I stand a fair with this score.

470 + CRS is an excellent score! Congrats and all the very best!

I have a couple more questions that are comparitively less important but I'd be really grateful if you could assist me with them as well.

- Regarding the Educational Credential Assessment (ECA), I understand that I need to get both mine as well as my wife's qualifications assessed in order to get points for both under my express entry profile, but do I need to get the ECA for both done together, as part of one assessment? Or should I get two separate assessments, one for myself and one for her. If so, how do I report two ECA reference numbers in my Express Entry application?

You should get your credentials assessed separately. Both of you can create separate profiles. While filling the EE profile, I assume there will be a provision where in it would ask if the spouse has an ECA report for her foreign credential and if you answer YES, then you would be able to enter her ECA report # there.

- On the CIC website, it is mentioned that I would need to show C$14,853 as proof of funds, if travelling with one family member (spouse). Do I need to maintain this amount in my bank account for a minimum period of time? Or do I need to have this amount with me only at the time of entering Canada?

You will need submit proof of funds while submitting your e-APR. You should also be able to show these funds at the PoE when you land in Canada. Ideally speaking, it is NOT mandatory to hold these funds for a predetermined period of time as such;CIC requires you to submit your bank statements for the past 6 months.If you have any large, recent deposits, then you must be able to prove that the funds are not borrowed. To conclude, if you can prove all the funds you have are indeed yours and not borrowed, you are good to go.

Thanks in advance. Keep up the good work in sharing your knowledge.

cool90

Oct 11, 2015
Hello friends,

I need advise.

To be eligible under CEC express entry we need to complete 1560 hours under NOC 0,A or B.

Do we have to complete these many hours under one and same employers or we can switch jobs and can complete like that.

I need your help. Thank you

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
cool90 said:
Hello friends,

I need advise.

To be eligible under CEC express entry we need to complete 1560 hours under NOC 0,A or B.

Do we have to complete these many hours under one and same employers or we can switch jobs and can complete like that.

I need your help. Thank you
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/cec/apply-who.asp

From the above link, it just says you should have worked for 12 months in the past 3 years and the job should have been full time/part-time. It is not mentioned if the job has to be under one employer or multiple employers. So, as long as you have at least 12 months experience in the past 3 years, you are eligible, IMO.

I could be wrong. Senior members, could you kindly advise?

Azhar1403

Oct 14, 2015
HI everybody,

I am currently a postdoc and have a contract until end of 2016.. I would like to know if I still need proof of fund for my express entry application since I am currently working legally in Canada.. but the problem is that postdoc is exempt from LMIA...

Thanks,
Azhar